Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

If it makes you feel any better I’m 31 in May and don’t know how the fuck I’m gonna do a 4/5 day festival either. Say you’re as old as ya feel and I feel ancient.

Ha! I'm the same age and I am also worried. I managed it in 2019 but I feel older now! 

6 hours ago, SouthbanKen said:

Me & the Missus came to Glasto for the first time in 2019, i'd been a couple of times way back when in 99/2000 but last year was the first year I persuaded her she would enjoy it having done loads of other festivals and dance events in the past. Good news is, she loved it (obvs) and we snagged a couple of tickets in the resale. 

We love our dance music, but are little bit older (40ish) and mainstream, think big room trance / Radio One DnB / Ibiza / Godskitchen / Gatecrasher plus more so on the Hard House / Hard Trance side Tidy Trax side of things, so the Glastonbury and Bloc9 line ups in particular always read a bit like an underground labyrinth to me. 

We didn't really get to block 9 or Pangea properly last year, and didn't really do a proper late one either (the Missus is straight edge & we did the full daytime Glastonbury experience last year so we were always a bit knackered by the night time).

In terms of our dance music consumption last time we ended up in Silver Hayes a fair bit - Annie Mac, High Contrast and Wilkinson on the Thursday night and we did Wilkinson B2B Subfocus on the Friday night. Then on Saturday we were one of maybe 50 people who decided to watch Kosheen's headline set on the Flying Bus Stage which was awesome before catching the end of the Chems from the railway line. 

My plan this year is to control myself and really chill / snooze in the day on at least one day so we can do at least one full overnight session and I definitely want to do some night time bopping at Pangea and Block9 this time around.

I remember this thread from the pre 2019 festival and it was a goldmine of great information and ideas, so thanks in advance to you all for any advice and tips that you share both for me specifically but also the advice you provide everyone else including the many lurkers - I will be back here regularly for more recommendations and tips as the event draws closer. 

In terms of this year: 

Bicep is already booked in by the Missus as her one must not miss, so will be wherever that is for sure. 

Love Regenerator would be a must see for me and missus I reckon - love his take on the old skool sound. 

I love a live dance music production (Prodigy, Kosheen, Orbital, Justice) so if anyone has any tips on something along those lines please chuck it out there!

Also i love Jaguar Skillz and his mash up style, so if there is anyone who does something similar, then again, point me in the right direction.  

Also, adding a plus one for the Trance Classics set from Fuzzy Dunlop - i would be there quicker than you can snap a glow stick. Oi Oi. 

See you on the farm ravers.

Wouldn't be the worst thing seeing Farley, Glazby or Karim pop up in South East Corner at 3am one Glasto ay 😉

39 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Wouldn't be the worst thing seeing Farley, Glazby or Karim pop up in South East Corner at 3am one Glasto ay 😉

I did 2 Tidy Weekenders... they were mega. The one that had Roy Walker doing catchphrase one afternoon.

The other was the one Cheggers was at. 

Good times had by all, from what I remember!

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

HAAi can do no wrong for me at the moment. Another heater released today to go with the recent Fred Again... remix.

Two surefire anthems for the summer.

Both her recent Mixmag Cover mix and latest Boiler room from sugar mountain are also class, highly recommend if you haven’t caught them yet 

6 hours ago, SouthbanKen said:

Lol - 1130h to 0600h 3 days on the push might be a bit much, but i am planning on a much more leisurely Weds & Thursday this year - did a full lap of the site on both days just to get oriented, so i reckon a 1500h to 0300h three nights on the bounce is probably a bit more doable - with maybe one sunrise session thrown in for fun. 

I’m 50 in oct. 2019 was my first time at the farm. And I “over-partied” on the Thurs and then missed days.  (Including Haai 😞). 

But this year I want to do it properly. And if I can meet up with some of the efest dance/edm thread cognoscenti, all the better. 

(this is the best thread for sure) 

19 minutes ago, Tom White said:

I’m 50 in oct. 2019 was my first time at the farm. And I “over-partied” on the Thurs and then missed days.  (Including Haai 😞). 

But this year I want to do it properly. And if I can meet up with some of the efest dance/edm thread cognoscenti, all the better. 

(this is the best thread for sure) 

Welcome back, Tom!

Yeah, I was defo expecting to see you on the 'floor somewhere in 2019. Come on man, it's all about pacing! We're supposed to be showing the kids how to do it. I reckon we will finally get a decent thread meet up of sorts, this year.

Ben

• Like 2

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

Welcome back, Tom!

Yeah, I was defo expecting to see you on the 'floor somewhere in 2019. Come on man, it's all about pacing! We're supposed to be showing the kids how to do it. I reckon we will finally get a decent thread meet up of sorts, this year.

Ben

I know, I know. But I got over excited. 

This year we.got.this for sure 😊👍🏼

Hi all 😀 love this thread and luckily got a ticket in the resale so getting all excited!

Just sharing that Luka Una seems to have self confirmed on Instagram this morning. No idea what stage might be best fit for him, maybe NYC Downlow? His worldwide fm monthly Friday night shows have been a highlight of my lockdown over the last few years, so hope to catch him at the farm.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbzKpdwtFU5/?utm_medium=share_sheet

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, 87 BEANS said:

Hi all 😀 love this thread and luckily got a ticket in the resale so getting all excited!

Just sharing that Luka Una seems to have self confirmed on Instagram this morning. No idea what stage might be best fit for him, maybe NYC Downlow? His worldwide fm monthly Friday night shows have been a highlight of my lockdown over the last few years, so hope to catch him at the farm.

I'll 2nd that, Worldwide shows are brilliant. Such passion for a variety of music

37 minutes ago, 87 BEANS said:

Nice spot. That will be an awesome set. 

59 minutes ago, 87 BEANS said:

Left field tent for him 100 percent giving his thoughts on life. Move it on. What’s wrong with that.

Would be cool if Homoelectric did a take over of a tent somewhere. They did a stage at Urbis for I think Manchester International Festival during lockdown that was then first time I’d be to any sort of dance in forever and it was great until it got shutdown. 

12 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I did 2 Tidy Weekenders... they were mega. The one that had Roy Walker doing catchphrase one afternoon.

The other was the one Cheggers was at. 

Good times had by all, from what I remember!

Lol - I did 2 weekenders too - Weekender 2 - Where the Tidy Boys played a live set (my fave CD ever) and then one where there was a Halloween theme. Absolutely mental, and i remember even back then thinking that i could never match the stamina of some of those boys and girls!! 

Butlins Prestatyn, what a glorious place!

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

If I had 1 request for this year it'd be to bring back those Sunday night sets in The Temple from 2015/16 fame 

This would be great! Ben and JJ closing the temple in 2016 was one of my favourite moments on the farm. 

HAAi was probably my favourite set of the last fest and as mentioned she can do no wrong at the moment so really looking forward to seeing her there again.

51 minutes ago, TheBurns said:

This would be great! Ben and JJ closing the temple in 2016 was one of my favourite moments on the farm. 

HAAi was probably my favourite set of the last fest and as mentioned she can do no wrong at the moment so really looking forward to seeing her there again.

That Sunday night in 2016 was the best evening I've had on the farm. LCD Soundsystem into that banger fest of Midland and Palms Trax before that closer. I could have retired happy after that 

8 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

That Sunday night in 2016 was the best evening I've had on the farm. LCD Soundsystem into that banger fest of Midland and Palms Trax before that closer. I could have retired happy after that 

Wow that sounds unbelievable, very jealous of that run. Palms Trax sets are so much fun