Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

18 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'd love to see some of the Anjunadeep stable rock up somewhere. The Glade would be perfect for the likes of James Grant, Wisternoff, Marsh, CRi, Luttrell, Tinlicker...

1000%… Can’t think of many things better than subtly rolling with some euphoric Anjunadeep at the farm. Glade would be perfect . Was at their last Printworks gig before crimbo… and oh my days 🙌 Dosem & Tinlicker sets particular faves of the night 👌

Edited by yehbutnobut
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

What are the chances of getting justice again at the farm - do the dates fit. Even if they do a DJ set would be insane. 

Like Jeff Mills, they're in Mallorca over the Glastonbury weekend. I don't think we'll see them live again until the next album tour cycle but I guess there's a small chance of a DJ set? Maybe the lure of Pangea (or the Spider) could tempt them? I think it would have to be something unique to get them over, but know knows? I'd love to see it.

4 minutes ago, yehbutnobut said:

1000%… Can’t think of many things better than subtly rolling with the some euphoric Anjunadeep at the farm. Glade would be perfect . Was at their last Printworks gig before crimbo… and oh my days 🙌 Dosem & Tinlicker sets particular faves of the night 👌

Have you heard the recent Framewerk output? Top notch and just perfect for a sunset set

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Like Jeff Mills, they're in Mallorca over the Glastonbury weekend. I don't think we'll see them live again until the next album tour cycle but I guess there's a small chance of a DJ set? Maybe the lure of Pangea (or the Spider) could tempt them? I think it would have to be something unique to get them over, but know knows? I'd love to see it.

just had a look - Paris Friday (DJ). Mallorca Sunday (doesnt say DJ so would assume the whole shebang). Big ol Sat DJ set hole for glasto on sat i think (hope). 

3 minutes ago, yehbutnobut said:

1000%… Can’t think of many things better than subtly rolling with the some euphoric Anjunadeep at the farm. Glade would be perfect . Was at their last Printworks gig before crimbo… and oh my days 🙌 Dosem & Tinlicker sets particular faves of the night 👌

Picture it now: the sun setting, the orange glow peeking through the trees and canvas of the Glade...vibes on vibes...

3 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

just had a look - Paris Friday (DJ). Mallorca Sunday (doesnt say DJ so would assume the whole shebang). Big ol Sat DJ set hole for glasto on sat i think (hope). 

Hmmm, that Paris date probably reduced the chances tbh. We can but dream. BUT, I reckon electronic music aficionados are  gonna be spoilt for choice as it is this year

On 3/28/2022 at 1:35 PM, tumbles said:

Am I right in thinking Orbital haven't played since 2011 when they did the DJ set on Arcadia? 

For a band that pretty much brought electronic/dance to Glasto it seems odd they've not been back.  I know they've had periods of being split etc but they seem to be fairly active touring wise last 4-5 years and no appearance.   

They were due to 'close the dance area' (Phil's words) in 2020, so I hope we'll see them on the 2022 line up.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Also this is back online

I saw Ed Sheeran instead of this due to peer pressure. Honestly and genuinely up there as one of my biggest regrets in life, it troubles me on a daily basis.

Interesting fact, I used to work with a guy who helps run WH and he said Justice made a loss on this performance due the intricacies of their set up. Basically the artists send them specifications for what they want ahead of time, but what they wanted wasn’t feasible within the parameters of what is normally possible, so they spent extra money to make sure it was exactly how they wanted it.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
  • Upvote 3

Just watched that Justice set back. Fuck, that was something special wasn’t it? I was far too fucked at the time to actually appreciate how good their stage and light show was but it looked insane, and they clearly loved it what with one of them getting in to the crowd at the end. Ace way to end the festival. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I saw Ed Sheeran instead of this due to peer pressure. Honestly and genuinely up there as one of my biggest regrets in life, it troubles me on a daily basis. 

For balance - it was good and the rig was impressive, but I've never held it in the same esteem as most on here. Their 2012 bestival set was better, for example

59 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Take Pyramid/Other/JP out of the equation and I'd go as far as to say it's probably one of the best non-big 3 stage headline slots in the fest's living memory? Janelle Monaé and Underworld come to mind too.

This is interesting, i'm yet to visit but always thought Pyramid, Other and WH were the big 3 and then with JP and Park about level as 4th and 5th.

I base this mostly off the acts but every clashfinder has pyramid, other then west holts pretty much

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

This is interesting, i'm yet to visit but always thought Pyramid, Other and WH were the big 3 and then with JP and Park about level as 4th and 5th.

I base this mostly off the acts but every clashfinder has pyramid, other then west holts pretty much

That’s how I see it too tbh, dunno if older heads see it differently. 

Are you going this year - your first festival?

2 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

That’s how I see it too tbh, dunno if older heads see it differently. 

Are you going this year - your first festival?

yep, has everywhere i've done previously in my signature too - can't wait 🙂  been on the R&L boards about 5 years so somewhat sadly i know this place and i think i've ruined a lot of the surprise for myself haha

edit- how many have you done?

Edited by gfa

5 minutes ago, gfa said:

yep, has everywhere i've done previously in my signature too - can't wait 🙂  been on the R&L boards about 5 years so somewhat sadly i know this place and i think i've ruined a lot of the surprise for myself haha

edit- how many have you done?

Just once in 2019 - I also knew loads about it because of this forum (tho not 5 years worth) but I’d strongly suggest you’ll still be surprised. Main thing that surprised me (and that can’t be spoiled) was the atmosphere).

Never been to a big festival with the kind of positive buzz at glasto, never spoken to as many randoms etc.

plenty of surprises are the feelings you get in the moment i.e. my first sunrise at Stone circle, absolutely off my chops, was a genuinely spiritual experience - I used to not really get why people cared about sunrises/sets and now I’m so keen on them haha

or being dragged to Kylie cuz it was the only time my sister and I had ended up seeing each other and I ended up crying when Kylie started crying about missing out cuz her cancer diagnosis years ago. 

the enormity of the thing as a concept, and everyone (including the artists) emotional ties to it means it can’t be spoiled on your first go imo.

Edited by MaxPower

1 minute ago, MaxPower said:

Just once in 2019 - I also knew loads about it because of this forum (tho not 5 years worth) but I’d strongly suggest you’ll still be surprised. Main thing that surprised me (and that can’t be spoiled) was the atmosphere).

Never been to a big festival with the kind of positive buzz at glasto, never spoken to as many randoms etc.

plenty of surprises are the feelings you get in the moment i.e. my first sunrise at Stone circle, absolutely off my chops, was a genuinely spiritual experience - I used to not really get why people cared about sunrises/sets and now I’m so keen on them haha

or being dragged to Kylie cuz it was the only time my sister and I had ended up seeing each other and I ended up crying when Kylie started crying about missing out cuz her cancer diagnosis years ago. 

the enormity of the thing as a concept, and everyone (including the artists) emotional ties to it means it can’t be spoiled on your first go imo.

Yeah i've only been on the glasto board since i got my ticket so still about 2.5 years now.

Visiting Latitude got me pretty excited for it, lots of people were saying its the closest to glastonbury you will get bar the festival itself and there was an incredibly friendly atmosphere.

I'm definitely excited act wise - so many acts i'd never even consider buying a ticket to but will definitely be turning up at like Diana Ross for instance. Also incredibly excited for the dance, i only just got into it about this time last year and have literally seen about 5 well known dance acts at this point.

Great to hear on that - think i'm most looking forward to the SE corner currently - what were you looking forward to the most and did it live up to your expectations / what's your favourite part after 2019?

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

Yeah i've only been on the glasto board since i got my ticket so still about 2.5 years now.

Visiting Latitude got me pretty excited for it, lots of people were saying its the closest to glastonbury you will get bar the festival itself and there was an incredibly friendly atmosphere.

I'm definitely excited act wise - so many acts i'd never even consider buying a ticket to but will definitely be turning up at like Diana Ross for instance. Also incredibly excited for the dance, i only just got into it about this time last year and have literally seen about 5 well known dance acts at this point.

Great to hear on that - think i'm most looking forward to the SE corner currently - what were you looking forward to the most and did it live up to your expectations / what's your favourite part after 2019?

Ah yeah brilliant, defo go to stuff you wouldn’t normally. I would never have been at Kylie and it was one of my favourite act of the weekend. Diana will be a serious pick me up party.

think the thing I looked forward to the most was Loyle Carner on the other stage and it defo lived up. I’d seen him live in initially tiny venues then progressively larger, so it was weirdly rewarding to see him on a big slot on a huge stage, and for it clearly to be such a big deal for him too. He brought on Tom Misch who’s my favourite artist probs, so that felt great, and then he read this poem out to his mum who was back stage, and there were lots of tears in the crowd, then he brought out two friends who were at their first festival and he wanted to give them a “proper experience” which kind of got a lot of wtf vibes in the crowd but the bloke surprised the girl by proposing to her on stage and the crowd went nuts when she said yes. Which kind of ties into what I was saying earlier - the fact that everyone there has such an emotional tie to festival, and so many artists see it as the peak of their career so far, makes the whole thing so special, which is something that can’t be spoiled. Similarly watch that Justice set that someone posted earlier. 

although my group go to a lot of dance acts, we actually spent much less time in SE corner than you’d think. Spent a good amount time in SH and then Arcadia - which is truly a spectacle. Then without the globe, the set up still blew my mind - couldn’t imagine how sick the spider would have been. 

this year planning to be a bit more organised to see more acts, particularly dance acts as were usually pretty all over the place by that time of the night. Most looking forward to four tet, avalanches, HAAI, Kettama and an Overmono live set (if they’re playing).

7 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

Ah yeah brilliant, defo go to stuff you wouldn’t normally. I would never have been at Kylie and it was one of my favourite act of the weekend. Diana will be a serious pick me up party.

think the thing I looked forward to the most was Loyle Carner on the other stage and it defo lived up. I’d seen him live in initially tiny venues then progressively larger, so it was weirdly rewarding to see him on a big slot on a huge stage, and for it clearly to be such a big deal for him too. He brought on Tom Misch who’s my favourite artist probs, so that felt great, and then he read this poem out to his mum who was back stage, and there were lots of tears in the crowd, then he brought out two friends who were at their first festival and he wanted to give them a “proper experience” which kind of got a lot of wtf vibes in the crowd but the bloke surprised the girl by proposing to her on stage and the crowd went nuts when she said yes. Which kind of ties into what I was saying earlier - the fact that everyone there has such an emotional tie to festival, and so many artists see it as the peak of their career so far, makes the whole thing so special, which is something that can’t be spoiled. Similarly watch that Justice set that someone posted earlier. 

although my group go to a lot of dance acts, we actually spent much less time in SE corner than you’d think. Spent a good amount time in SH and then Arcadia - which is truly a spectacle. Then without the globe, the set up still blew my mind - couldn’t imagine how sick the spider would have been. 

this year planning to be a bit more organised to see more acts, particularly dance acts as were usually pretty all over the place by that time of the night. Most looking forward to four tet, avalanches, HAAI, Kettama and an Overmono live set (if they’re playing).

Thats awesome, got more into loyle carner recently a lot he is certainly talented as is tom misch. I'm very excited to see Glass Animals on a big stage, i saw them at a 300 cap venue after the truck crash with the drummer in 2019 and have now seen them 6 times, but not once at a festival (plus they have broken out so much more since even when i last saw them in November).

I've seen the justice one, fantastic set

I really hope Overmono play, would really like to see Prospa as well - I'm just hoping my group are cut out for the dance acts as I know a few of them definitely won't be getting to like 3-4am easily. Whereabouts did you camp by the way and how was it?