Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

32 minutes ago, Dukeicon said:

The main issue was that they wanted to keep the bottom 20.4m of crane (what was on the webcam) up all year around for 4 years to save them taking it down and putting it up.

There's never been any issue with it being at festivals subsuquent to the 2019 festival, so long as it's built and taken down in the 28 days permitted development in connection with the festival, as permitted with the General Permitted Development Order 2015 (GPDO).

Just means they have 1.5 weeks pre-festival to put it up, 1 week of the festival and 1.5 weeks post festival to remove. This means more money is needed on staff to rig/de-rig each year (which was one of their points when they applied for planning the second time).

Yeah, I sort of knew that. I think what I had thought was that for 2020, specifically, it would stay there, thus pretty much guaranteeing the crane for at least that year. If the pandemic has meant that the base still hasn't been moved, I wonder if they'll just go with the crane again, as if it was 2020 and the last two years of madness never happened, even if they bin it off after that for the reasons you mention. 

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

1 hour ago, stanh said:

Creamfields South line-up, would love some names from here - pretty spectacular imo

FKIIuAIXIAAIpwu.jpg

'Gold VIP Arena'. 

Please tell me this is *not* an area of the event into which you can go only if you've shelled out a small fortune for a pointless lanyard and a bar the great unwashed cannot go to? The absolute antithesis of everything that a festival should be about, for me. The haves and the haves not. Line up? Yeah, s'alright! No-one really on there that I would spot and go WOAH! Amazing booking. You can catch most of these artists relatively easily/frequently. I guess that is the scene a bit, atm. If the pandemic has done one thing to the dance genres, it's stifled the rise of newer artists who have missed two years of proper profile-building, so the established big names are a big pull as we emerge back onto dancefloors, I guess. Lineups do seem really pretty samey atm. Dimensions the one to stand apart for me. 

Ben

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Don't know if this had been posted here!

20220127_202455.jpg

HUUUUGE improvement on last year considering the most I could flog my weekend ticket for was £15. My mate will be happy Chaos in the CBD are active this summer - they're the one act he wants to see at Glasto! Fingers crossed Bicep are headlining a stage. 

6 hours ago, gfa said:

Oh thats rubbish, i have enjoyed the main APE festival both times i’ve been

Edited - I may have misread your tone - sorry.

it is a shame, I chose it over lost village because we’d already had tickets bought for it, was a gutter (even if we saw some good sets). APE proper the day before was even worse, insane amount of people just talking through sets, whcih given the sound problems was problematic.

Edited by MaxPower

15 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Edited - I may have misread your tone - sorry.

it is a shame, I chose it over lost village because we’d already had tickets bought for it, was a gutter (even if we saw some good sets). APE proper the day before was even worse, insane amount of people just talking through sets, whcih given the sound problems was problematic.

Yeah the talking was bad its usually like that in London though you get used to it eventually

18 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

'Gold VIP Arena'. 

Please tell me this is *not* an area of the event into which you can go only if you've shelled out a small fortune for a pointless lanyard and a bar the great unwashed cannot go to? The absolute antithesis of everything that a festival should be about, for me. The haves and the haves not. Line up? Yeah, s'alright! No-one really on there that I would spot and go WOAH! Amazing booking. You can catch most of these artists relatively easily/frequently. I guess that is the scene a bit, atm. If the pandemic has done one thing to the dance genres, it's stifled the rise of newer artists who have missed two years of proper profile-building, so the established big names are a big pull as we emerge back onto dancefloors, I guess. Lineups do seem really pretty samey atm. Dimensions the one to stand apart for me. 

Ben

Quite a few festivals do this generally its tiny acts i’ve never seen anyone particularly big in these areas. Rubbish nonetheless

22 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Sherelle's Fabric mix has been my go-to album over the last couple months. Wonderful stuff

https://open.spotify.com/album/3N7MYNEvRAf04r5x0e1E0V?si=cODvRg_fR-ukWutNU1jOxg&utm_source=copy-link

I’m gonna check this she’s sick. 

Did anyone see this? Would be well up for this at Glastonbury.

https://youtu.be/kSpRpBDrIFM

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Dance System's in. Self-confirmed as part of his album announce – so I'm not letting anything out prematurely!

One half of Night Slugs, now making big ravey house pumpers. Will smash [redacted]

Really like this, any idea where he's set to play?

6 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Dance System's in. Self-confirmed as part of his album announce – so I'm not letting anything out prematurely!

One half of Night Slugs, now making big ravey house pumpers. Will smash [redacted]

Everyone here knows my tastes in dance music.

Gotta say, most of this is absolutely banging.

Ben