Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

12 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

I know that, thankfully, few of you are as tediously, obsessively organised as me, but does anyone have a pretty good idea by now of what they think they're doing for their dance nights?

Thursday

Call Super > Young Marco > Palms Trax 

Friday

God, I could go to so many places. But I'd be kidding myself if there's anywhere on site I'd rather be than Hunee in the Downlow. So I'll plump for it...

Hunee > ??? (Harry Romero? idk) > Dan Shake

Failing that, just outside...

Blawan > Shed > Dan Shake

Saturday

Either: (our buddy Fort Romeau > Daniel Avery) / (Job Jobse >  Joy O x Solar) >  Pearson Sound's garage set (I always end up getting super Gillespied on Saturday you see) > Steffi & Virginia (!), or leave earlier and catch a bit of Heidi instead of Avery/Joy O.

Sunday

The Jamie XX Beat Hotel night - might leave to catch MaW if I hear it's not that busy/the ground is good/I'm packed - but I 100% need to be off site by 5am so I've resigned myself to missing that. If I get to go it'll be a bonus!

• Upvote 2

On 6/7/2017 at 8:37 PM, payneruk said:

Got tickets for this the other day.

Any recomendations?

uk-0825-875004-956370-front.jpg

Not sure about line up recommendations but the site is beautiful. Just back from Shindig which is held on the same farm and it was a great location. Think we'd be going to this if it wasn't for our love of Shambala which is on the same weekend.

The line up looks good - I'd be happy with that

10 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Not sure about line up recommendations but the site is beautiful. Just back from Shindig which is held on the same farm and it was a great location. Think we'd be going to this if it wasn't for our love of Shambala which is on the same weekend.

The line up looks good - I'd be happy with that

How did you find Shindig? Went 2 years ago and had a blinding time, bit too much electro-swing for my tastes but a cracking little feat nonetheless, my mates went to Alfresco Festival on the same weekend this year and they said it had a similar vibe, DJ line up was really good and only about £100 a ticket.

29 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

How did you find Shindig? Went 2 years ago and had a blinding time, bit too much electro-swing for my tastes but a cracking little feat nonetheless, my mates went to Alfresco Festival on the same weekend this year and they said it had a similar vibe, DJ line up was really good and only about £100 a ticket.

First time there for us. Our review is up on efest. Personally I loved it. Never saw any electroswing apart from the correspondents. I loved the friendly vibe and small compact site. Always something to see and do. Liked the fact I could see djs with a small crowd. Cheesy disco seemed the most popular tent of the weekend.  Fabio & grooverider, and stickybuds were my highlights. Seeing Oh My God it's the church whilst spangled was a giggle. Looking forward to seeing them again at Lemonfest this weekend. Bonus is Shindig is only 20 mins tops from Pilton.

50 minutes ago, Time Being said:

Is it me or has the Temple lineup for Sunday changed ever so slightly?

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 4.01.15 PM.png

Yes it did they added RUSS YALLOP which I would love to see but at the same time got Kevin Saunderson at GENOSYS which I think I prefer to watch.

Also looks like Alan Fitzpatrick is the special guest for b2b with skream at elrow :)

Source: 

Edited by satas
Source

Never thought skream and alan would work together but this mix is sick. Now that it's clear that alan and skream played b2b before we can be pretty much be sure it will happen. Really looking forward to it!

Edited by satas

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Sorry if this is already known, but I just found out:

I'd been listening to them loads in preparation too.

They were right in the midst of some bullshit clash for me so not too upset, although it is a real shame they've had to pull out - know a few on here were stoked for them.

5 hours ago, dougal1 said:

Any recommendations for disco-esque dance acts? My ideal night out would be along the lines of Horse Meat Disco/Todd Terje/Dimitri from Paris - feeling a little clueless with this year's lineup so would appreciate any tips :)

Hunee, Dan Shake, Prosumer

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, dougal1 said:

Any recommendations for disco-esque dance acts? My ideal night out would be along the lines of Horse Meat Disco/Todd Terje/Dimitri from Paris - feeling a little clueless with this year's lineup so would appreciate any tips :)

Midland, Artwork, Craig Charles, Earl Jeffers, Young Marco, Jamie xx, CHIC!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, dougal1 said:

The guys from HMD are playing individually in NYC downlow btw, James Hillard and Luke Howard

• Upvote 2

anyone have any recommendations for the SE corner on Wednesday?

One of our gang didn't get to see the area really last year, so thinking about doing it either Wednesday or Thursday before the chaos. there's a few things up around Wow/Glade/Blues/Beat Hotel I'd like to see on Thursday though.

mostly just want to get the various venues sight-seeing out of the way, but would be good to catch anyone decent down there on Wednesday night though.

50 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

anyone have any recommendations for the SE corner on Wednesday?

One of our gang didn't get to see the area really last year, so thinking about doing it either Wednesday or Thursday before the chaos. there's a few things up around Wow/Glade/Blues/Beat Hotel I'd like to see on Thursday though.

mostly just want to get the various venues sight-seeing out of the way, but would be good to catch anyone decent down there on Wednesday night though.

The rum shack was good craic last year on the Wednesday, not dance music but it was in full swing.

• Upvote 1