Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Flip' nora people.

Anyone listened to The Gamble yet, by Nils Fram's new (old) group nonkeen? Just on first listen now and am very much liking it.

Third track, ceramic people, instantly caught my ear as a jazz-infused frenzy of rather lovely electronica...

What chance them at the Farm, I wonder?

Perfect (late night) Glade fodder, I'd suggest...

Ben

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Just gave that a very quick listen, very much up my street so will spend some time with that album tomorrow! Wish I had got tickets for their live show now 

Listening for the second time and trying to find the strength not to buy the bloody vinyl...(only as I have four LPs pending and those packages are SO conspicuous - "it's just some light bulbs for the living room, darling". Yeah. In a vinyl-specific packing box. Hmmm.)

It's also quite clear why ceramic people hit home so easily - it is very Floating Points!

Only one UK show is a bit pants. Here's hoping for some lovely summer festival dates. Well one, actually. In June. In Pilton. 

:)

Ben

I'm sadly not attending Glastonbury this year (sad face) So a run of late summer dates in the UK would be perfection for me! Really need to get stuck into some Nils Frahm stuff, always mean to pick some stuff up and end up buying different albums instead! Will need to rectify immediately

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Flip' nora people.

Anyone listened to The Gamble yet, by Nils Fram's new (old) group nonkeen? Just on first listen now and am very much liking it.

Third track, ceramic people, instantly caught my ear as a jazz-infused frenzy of rather lovely electronica...

What chance them at the Farm, I wonder?

Perfect (late night) Glade fodder, I'd suggest...

Ben

I love it. Bought the vinyl on Sunday and have been listening all week. Really hope they make an appearance. Along with Kiasmos, a solo Nils show, a solo Olafur show, Lubomyr Melnyk, Rival Consoles, AWVFTS, Masayoshi Fujita... ... I need an Erased Tapes festival.

36 minutes ago, technokiduk said:

John Digweed, I hope so. More likely Derek Carter

I'd agree,  much more of a Basics booking than Digweed (much as seeing Diggers would be great). 

Been to Basics many times over the years (not so much since had kids)and Derrick Carter was always excellent.  

Residents like Ralph Lawson, Denney, James Holroyd, Buckley and Tristan da Cunha though have always been superb

Parklife has its usual excellent brand of electronica on the line up inc, Armand Van Helden b2b Jackmaster, Jamie Jones, Ben Klock, Nina Kraviz, Four Tet, FloPo DJ, Todd Terje, Adam Bayer, Ben UFO, Joy Orbison, Jospeh Capriati, Motor City Drum Ensemble, B Traits b2b Alan Fitzpatrick and plenty more 

47 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Yeah. always disappointed when I see the Parklife line up, consistently excellent and yet is apparently an appalling festival to attend.

Last year was fine. Apparently, it was awful in 2014 when it chucked it down, but last year was beautiful sunshine - I thought the atmosphere was great. I didn't feel any aggression - security was much more stringent than I was used to at Glastonbury, but the crowd were fine. They were much more poseury than Glastonbury, but given nobody was camping, that's not surprising.

In fact, it was more pleasant than Silver Hayes normally is. I decided to think of it as a super WHP, rather than a mini Glastonbury, and with those expectations it was good.

With pissing down rain + mud I can imagine it's not so nice, but the year I went was lovely.

8 minutes ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Anyone from here going to Four Tet at the Roundhouse this weekend? I absolutely can't wait, been wanting to see him live again for absolutely ages, think I last saw him in 2012.

An hour and a half of Ben UFO in support as well, you lucky lucky people. Have a good one Matt

On 04/02/2016 at 7:24 PM, SPTFRE said:

Hoping that there's a UK tour (coinciding with a Glastonbury appearance) to promote the new album out on Friday.

Does Eric have a vested interest in SW4? He seems to play every year, I think he used to live in Clapham before moving to EDMsville. I guess with the Cirez D headline set at SW4 this year he's trying to differentiate between all of the previous appearances. Either way, at the risk of repeating myself, let's have him booked this year please. It's been 7 years now.

The new album "Opus" is a thing of beauty. I now DEMAND a Prydz appearance

19 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

An hour and a half of Ben UFO in support as well, you lucky lucky people. Have a good one Matt

thats funny as i'm off to hessle audio in manchester on saturday night so i guess he is jumping on a train or in a car to manc after this, definitely doable. Ben is crazy tho this is his weekend coming up:

Thursday 11th: La Cheetah Glasgow

Friday 12th: Some bar in Hull 7-12

Friday 12th: Hessle Audio in Sheffield possibly until 7am

Saturday 13th: Support Four Tet in London

Saturday 13th: Hessle Audio in manchester

Edited by Memory Man