Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

@blutarsky I think those acts are more than big enough to fill out the field but I get the feeling the bookers wouldn't take that route. Very rarely see acts like them down in block9 and you'd be stepping in the toes of West Holts/Other Stage. Hence why it's such a difficult one to try and predict!

23 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I have a few pieces of intel about IICON, but it’s all in play so I can’t / won’t spill yet.

The topline info is that the sound will be rearranged as some of the ‘4D’ elements didn’t quite come off as expected. It’ll be more evenly-spread, beefy and unique in the field. A big step up to make it truly world-class.

Generally speaking the programming was meant to contrast what you can find elsewhere. There won’t be Coxys or Caribous, basically. But when you start thinking about the kingpins of Detroit techno and 90s electronica… getting warmer.

@Tuna: yep, Wolfgang Flür was set for Thursday. Wouldn’t be sure that’ll happen again (lot of hassle).

Mentioned it before, but the 2020 Sunday night was one of the most exciting line-ups I’ve seen — not talking wall-to-wall veterans, but dreamland if you’re into bass-heavy/fast music. I would have been planted there from midnight to sunrise. I believe one of those artists is locked for a fresh b2b on the big ‘ed next summer, so that’s great news.

At any rate, rolling over most of IICON would make people very happy.

I could really do with you dumbing down the hype, tbh. Ticketless and that. I heard it's going to be Scooter, Baby D and N-Trance on IICON next year...

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

I have a few pieces of intel about IICON, but it’s all in play so I can’t / won’t spill yet.

The topline info is that the sound will be rearranged as some of the ‘4D’ elements didn’t quite come off as expected. It’ll be more evenly-spread, beefy and unique in the field. A big step up to make it truly world-class.

Generally speaking the programming was meant to contrast what you can find elsewhere. There won’t be Coxys or Caribous, basically. But when you start thinking about the kingpins of Detroit techno and 90s electronica… getting warmer.

@Tuna: yep, Wolfgang Flür was set for Thursday. Wouldn’t be sure that’ll happen again (lot of hassle).

Mentioned it before, but the 2020 Sunday night was one of the most exciting line-ups I’ve seen — not talking wall-to-wall veterans, but dreamland if you’re into bass-heavy/fast music. I would have been planted there from midnight to sunrise. I believe one of those artists is locked for a fresh b2b on the big ‘ed next summer, so that’s great news.

At any rate, rolling over most of IICON would make people very happy.

Now this is the kind of post that starts getting me excited! 

(couldn't really care less which mainstream female is warbling on the pointy stage)

35 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Imagine seeing Scooter on the big head at 3am, maaaaaan.  I'd be super game for it tbh 

When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful
A miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily

3 hours ago, gfa said:

Anyone heading to these Four Tet shows in Brixton this next few days? Would love to hear how it is, considering trying to get friday tickets.

Going tonight. 
Will pop a review in here tomorrow for anyone interested 😊

25 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

Going tonight. 
Will pop a review in here tomorrow for anyone interested 😊

I saw him at Lost Village in August and his set was amazing - compared to the Alexandra Palace light show night in 2019 where it didn't really get me going (or get going at all really).  Have a good night! 

Incredibly late notice I know but if anyone is near Brixton and wants to see Four Tet tonight I have 1 spare ticket. 
Free to a good home. 
I will send over in  message if anyone wants it.

I’ve heard that the special guests might be Joy Orbison and Floating Points in case that makes any difference (please don’t quote me on that though).

16 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

Incredibly late notice I know but if anyone is near Brixton and wants to see Four Tet tonight I have 1 spare ticket. 
Free to a good home. 
I will send over in  message if anyone wants it.

I’ve heard that the special guests might be Joy Orbison and Floating Points in case that makes any difference (please don’t quote me on that though).

You can quote the men themselves though!

4B08CA5F-A9C6-4749-92F8-0BC18424D1E1.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I could really do with you dumbing down the hype, tbh. Ticketless and that. I heard it's going to be Scooter, Baby D and N-Trance on IICON next year...

Oh. My. Days.

I'd be all over that...

"SIBERRIIIAAAAA!" at 3am.

"Respect to the man in the ice cream van!"

Last night was great. 
Unknown warm up from 8-9 > Floating Points & Joy O from 9-11:30 > 11:30 onwards for Four Tet.

I only managed to stick it out until 12pm as was absolutely shattered but such a great atmosphere and crowd. 
The venue was dark with the decks lit up minimally on the stage with the occasional sporadic burst of light on disco balls. But that was few and far between. 

Would really recommend heading down if you can. I see there are a few tickets on Twickets for tonight but none currently for Friday. But always worth keeping an eye on it as tickets get uploaded all the time. 

2CEABBFB-AF21-454D-88A2-D2D984CFC7C8.jpeg

Edited by gherring8
Photo added

8 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Anyone seen Artwork recently? Have tickets to see him in a fairly small venue soon and don’t know what to expect vibe wise.

Sorry, @MaxPower, he's not really my thing, so I'm no help. Caught a bit of him in Silver Hayes in the daytime one year as I was marching through on my way somewhere!*

Hopefully someone in the thread can help. 

Ben
x

*I was heading North so it must have been to JPT...

16 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Best guess is beefy tech (90s), lots of queer house anthems, some wiggly disco and a few rave classics. Pumpers, basically. Wouldn't expect anything too headsy or fast/slow.

What's the venue?

That’s good, probs the vibe I’m after based on crowd I’m with.

The Caves in Edinburgh (probably max 500 capacity for this kind of thing), night being ran by Sneaky Petes (a tiny night club, 150 capacity) - https://unusualvenuesedinburgh.com/venues/the-caves-venue-edinburgh

Basically underground caverns/ mix of stonework wine cellars and exposed rock, it’s pretty cool.