Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 hours ago, Trunks1993 said:

yeah my ‘we’re back’ moment was when Kornel Kovac’s played ‘Waiting for Tonight’ and Horse Meat dropped some Krystal Klear. Can’t beat a classic.

Pwoah, banging! 

It's weird, I really didn't notice during lockdown how important a good fucking dance is to my life. It's only since I've got back into crowds that I noticed how much I need it. Almost like I only noticed the absence once it had disappeared. 

Warehouse Project in a few weeks, although I'm not sure how hard I'll be able to go as I have work Monday morning. Still buzzing though. 

36 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Pwoah, banging! 

It's weird, I really didn't notice during lockdown how important a good fucking dance is to my life. It's only since I've got back into crowds that I noticed how much I need it. Almost like I only noticed the absence once it had disappeared. 

Warehouse Project in a few weeks, although I'm not sure how hard I'll be able to go as I have work Monday morning. Still buzzing though. 

yeah man, when you work in a corporate setting like I do you need a release. Just turns out listening to computers make cool sounds in a field is mine ha!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, gfa said:

Bicep were terrific, absolute sweat box though in Brixton. For anyone else going - shorts are allowed.

It was ace wasn’t it?! 

You’re right though, hot and sweaty AF. To be honest after such a long time off gigs, I’ve never been so happy to be perspiring so profusely! 

12 minutes ago, Zacko said:

The new show and the new visuals look SO good.

Other Stage headliners? 🤩

Definitely got West Holts headliner written all over them following the likes of Underworld, Major Lazer, Disclosure, Justice, etc...

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers
  • Upvote 1

Was meant to be at bicep tonight but had to sell the tickets due to the dreaded rescheduling fuckery. If anyone’s going hope they have a grand time!

on the plus side, after regretting missing him at lost village, bagged tickets for Four Tet and friends at Brixton on the 8th, judging by who he’s hanging round with at the minute it’s sure to be a hell of a night

swings and roundabouts and all that 

• Upvote 1

Going to Warehouse Project on Saturday, but rather annoyingly it turns out most of the stuff I wanted to see is on at the same time and later on. Anybody got any suggestions for stuff I should be checking out? Would be more specific over what type of stuff I’m in to but I’m absolutely crap with genre names when it comes to electronic stuff so… just any suggestions will do!:

https://www.thewarehouseproject.com/set-times

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Going to Warehouse Project on Saturday, but rather annoyingly it turns out most of the stuff I wanted to see is on at the same time and later on. Anybody got any suggestions for stuff I should be checking out? Would be more specific over what type of stuff I’m in to but I’m absolutely crap with genre names when it comes to electronic stuff so… just any suggestions will do!:

Been listening to a lot of DJ Seinfeld recently. Hoping to catch him over the next few months. Someone mentioned it above but I'm digging the ravey breaks sound at the moment, Seinfeld, Prospa, Denham Audio, Benton, Special Request, etc

2 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Been listening to a lot of DJ Seinfeld recently. Hoping to catch him over the next few months. Someone mentioned it above but I'm digging the ravey breaks sound at the moment, Seinfeld, Prospa, Denham Audio, Benton, Special Request, etc

Seinfeld is one of the ones I wanted to see who is clashing with the other stuff I wanted to see, so unfortunately will probably have to I miss him 🙁 cheers for the other suggestions!

5 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

If I was there, I would check out:

Josey Rebelle, Antal, Channel Tres, Jon K, DJ Seinfeld and Aletha all early doors for a general mix of modern jazz, street soul, dub, feelgood house, groovy (but not hard) techno, and deep cut rarities.

If you're in the mood to drag a little further beyond the obvious sounds: Zed Bias is pure tuff garage. Kampire will open a portal to the present and future of African electronic music. Moses Boyd is a brilliantly ambidextrous jazz, soul and out-there selector (unclear whether he's live or DJing, but I expect DJ). Anz is fast becoming the most exciting DJ in the country, and should tackle that midnight with gusto. Reloads a-plenty.

Would probably be glued for the final run of Ben UFO b2b Call Super then Laurent Garnier, but DJ Koze and LTJ Bukem should both be great depending on your mood at the final leg, and if any room feels too aggy or jammed.

Hope that helps?

Thanks a bunch! Very helpful. Tbh, as is often the case with me at this kind of stuff I can kind of just see myself wandering and ending up watching somebody without even realising who it is, but will check out some of your suggestions. 

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

That lineup is a bit weak for me - don’t miss Ben UFO b2b Call Super and DJ Seinfeld though!

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, MaxPower said:

Anyone going to the Printworks shows this weekend?

worried I’ve ducked it by booking Saturday over Friday, as I think Saturday will be heavier and less suited to the pals I’m going with, which is annoying.

Going on Friday - really not sure who to expect. Looks like Éclair Fifi will be there but no other ideas

3 hours ago, stocky3000 said:

Going on Friday - really not sure who to expect. Looks like Éclair Fifi will be there but no other ideas

Why you confident about Eclair? I think Moxie is free on Friday, but generally unsure about bigger names. Honey Dijon is about and free.

on the Saturday I’m fairly confident about Eats Everything and Richy Ahmed. Think Patrick Topping is likely too. Given Carl Cox is playing/curating at Drumsheds same time, wonder if he might slot in?

As others, got to see Bicep again last weekend, stellar show. Must see if you haven't before, do think I'll forever hold the Printworks show in higher regards, but was still close to just as good. 02 Brixton got hot & sound was about a 6.5/10 for me. Especially the opening DJs, couldn't hear anything that wasn't a drum, kick or bass. Bicep's sound was a bit better.

For Glasto, I already thought for 2020 they were too big for The Park, always saw them as a pre-headline to the Other Stage or Headlining West Holts like Justice. I imagine they would have discussions with Glasto around how much visuals they could bring as it really adds a dimension to their show. Can't imagine they would work in The Park, would love them to prove me wrong.

Gonna check out Printworks Friday, no idea what to expect line-up wise & don't think I'll stay late as getting home without the night tube sounds like a mare I'd like to avoid.

Waterworks weekend after, found a Clashfinder https://clashfinder.com/s/waterworks2021/ to play around with now the set times are out. Praying for any weather but wet. Imagine it must be decently sized with that many stages, hope it's not too chaotic as I believe it's their first festival/event. Though looks like Percolate are involved, whom I've heard of quite a bit in London & Team Love, whom I haven't.

Good to be dancing again.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

As others, got to see Bicep again last weekend, stellar show. Must see if you haven't before, do think I'll forever hold the Printworks show in higher regards, but was still close to just as good. 02 Brixton got hot & sound was about a 6.5/10 for me. Especially the opening DJs, couldn't hear anything that wasn't a drum, kick or bass. Bicep's sound was a bit better.

For Glasto, I already thought for 2020 they were too big for The Park, always saw them as a pre-headline to the Other Stage or Headlining West Holts like Justice. I imagine they would have discussions with Glasto around how much visuals they could bring as it really adds a dimension to their show. Can't imagine they would work in The Park, would love them to prove me wrong.

Gonna check out Printworks Friday, no idea what to expect line-up wise & don't think I'll stay late as getting home without the night tube sounds like a mare I'd like to avoid.

Waterworks weekend after, found a Clashfinder https://clashfinder.com/s/waterworks2021/ to play around with now the set times are out. Praying for any weather but wet. Imagine it must be decently sized with that many stages, hope it's not too chaotic as I believe it's their first festival/event. Though looks like Percolate are involved, whom I've heard of quite a bit in London & Team Love, whom I haven't.

Good to be dancing again.

Team Love are stellar, they run Love Saves the Day festival in Bristol as well as Love International out in Croatia (and Futureboogie recordings). Proper good vibes! 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Team Love are stellar, they run Love Saves the Day festival in Bristol as well as Love International out in Croatia (and Futureboogie recordings). Proper good vibes! 

Sick, thanks. Yeah have seen many clips from those & had actually heard of those festivals before. Sounds like we're in good hands! 

• Upvote 1

On 9/14/2021 at 9:32 AM, FloorFiller said:

I'd throw George Fitzgerald and Floating Points into the mix too... would definitely be catching both of those if I was there, but maybe i'm too big a chin stroking glitchy lover...  Jayda G should be fun too.

33 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

I'd throw George Fitzgerald and Floating Points into the mix too... would definitely be catching both of those if I was there, but maybe i'm too big a chin stroking glitchy lover...  Jayda G should be fun too.

Floating Points is frustratingly caught in a 3 way clash with DJ Shadow and DJ Seinfeld for me so is unfortunately gonna have to be missed. Struggling to decide between the other two.

On 9/14/2021 at 9:32 AM, FloorFiller said:

Antal is arguably the best DJ around in my opinion and heads up Rush Hour Music, go see him if you can.