Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

10 hours ago, leej7 said:

Any recommendations on this? First night out went somewhat of a dud based on being a bit nervy on not going with naughties we didn't know.

Another good source is https://www.drugsdata.org/index.php as they specify the actual strength of the pills and collate test results from all around the world from different testing providers. This can be especially useful for new pill presses that are mass produced in Europe as they get tested very quickly and are updated here. However, if it is an older pill press that has been in circulation for a while then it is less reliable as there will be many different batches of this pill being produced by many different crews.

You can also submit your pills to Wedinos https://www.wedinos.org who are harm reduction/testing service based in Wales and they will give a breakdown of all substances in the pill but unfortunately don't provide specific dose unlike other similar services based in Europe. Be careful filling in the form for submission though, if there is the slightest error on the form then they have to dispose of the sample and won't publish the test results.

The test kits mentioned above are great for determining the presence of mdma however they aren't very reliable for showing impurities (unless a variety of Reagent tests are used alongside them) or strength. But they are definitely still a great harm reduction tool and incredibly simple to use!

Strength unfortunately appears to be the biggest problem in pills currently rather than 'bad batches' which is often how these issues are presented in the media. Always start with just a nibble nowadays, you can always take more but you can't take less.

Hope your next night out is a good'un pal!

Edited by joemason96
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, joemason96 said:

Another good source is https://www.drugsdata.org/index.php as they specify the actual strength of the pills and collate test results from all around the world from different testing providers. This can be especially useful for new pill presses that are mass produced in Europe as they get tested very quickly and are updated here. However, if it is an older pill press that has been in circulation for a while then it is less reliable as there will be many different batches of this pill being produced by many different crews.

You can also submit your pills to Wedinos https://www.wedinos.org who are harm reduction/testing service based in Wales and they will give a breakdown of all substances in the pill but unfortunately don't provide specific dose unlike other similar services based in Europe. Be careful filling in the form for submission though, if there is the slightest error on the form then they have to dispose of the sample and won't publish the test results.

The test kits mentioned above are great for determining the presence of mdma however they aren't very reliable for showing impurities (unless a variety of Reagent tests are used alongside them) or strength. But they are definitely still a great harm reduction tool and incredibly simple to use!

Strength unfortunately appears to be the biggest problem in pills currently rather than 'bad batches' which is often how these issues are presented in the media. Always start with just a nibble nowadays, you can always take more but you can't take less.

Hope your next night out is a good'un pal!

This is all v good advice. Tolerance is low, start with a 3rd. Learnt that the hard way at Gala Festival the other week....

9 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yeah, super into it. Gets all of his recent explorations under one roof, a few drill instrumentals early on, nice personal excerpts, and sprinkles some classic Pépé Bradock-style deep house through the middle. Lush.

Think I've listened twice now, just flows so well. Vibes are high.

Also realised I've somehow never seen him DJ, even though he's one of my favourite producers. I need to remedy that. 

55 minutes ago, dccool said:

Anybody on here interested in taking 2 Saturday tickets off my hands for Love Saves The Day?

Will accept £100 for the pair face value is £60.

DM me if interested.

Feels like Tokyo World has well and truly taken Love Saves' crown this year judging by the amount of tickets for sale! The Sunday Love Saves lineup is bizarrely unvaried, I feel like there must have been a change in the bookers...or maybe just Covid related money troubles.

(I'll be going all weekend though)

36 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Feels like Tokyo World has well and truly taken Love Saves' crown this year judging by the amount of tickets for sale! The Sunday Love Saves lineup is bizarrely unvaried, I feel like there must have been a change in the bookers...or maybe just Covid related money troubles.

Only doing the Saturday this year but it does seem like they’re missing a few big hitters on the disco side of things. Gutted they couldn’t get Harvey back. The love international stage on Saturday looks great at least.

Saw your write up about the the Alfresco Disco night, well excited to try that if it gets more use!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Zacko said:

Tokyo World have pulled the stops out this year it seems quite a few people I know are choosing that over Love Saves after both line ups were released. I would do Tokyo World this year but it falls on the same weekend as the Bristol half marathon which I'm doing. 

TW has never appealed to me much before and I've felt that LSTD has always had the upper hand on the line up but not this year.

Maybe Love Saves moving to the downs has got something to do with it? Always felt the downs is a terrible venue for a festival. Flat open and nondescript wish they'd moved it to Ashton Court or just stayed at Eastville personally.

Only just about recovered but what a night. 9pm - 6am fabric shift. Ricardo Villalobos and Craig Richards masterclass.

Craig did a great warm up job but Ricardo really stole the show. He played a proper Ricardo fan set, definitely not one for those on the fence with his DJ style. Lots of highs, lows, and super wonky moments.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, dccool said:

Tokyo World have pulled the stops out this year it seems quite a few people I know are choosing that over Love Saves after both line ups were released. I would do Tokyo World this year but it falls on the same weekend as the Bristol half marathon which I'm doing. 

TW has never appealed to me much before and I've felt that LSTD has always had the upper hand on the line up but not this year.

Maybe Love Saves moving to the downs has got something to do with it? Always felt the downs is a terrible venue for a festival. Flat open and nondescript wish they'd moved it to Ashton Court or just stayed at Eastville personally.

With you on this! The Downs is an absolute void. I know they've got the Ashton Court license approved, but that was pre pandemic so I'm intrigued as to whether that's still their plan for 2022. 

I've got WHP shortly after Tokyo so may swerve it, but it is tempting...

Went to E1 in Shadwell last night for the following:

Warehouse:
04:00 - 07:00        Ellen Allien
02:00 - 04:00        Rebekah
23:00 - 02:00        Cormac

Black Studio:
03:00 - 06:00        DVS1
01:00 - 03:00        MARRØN
23:00 - 01:00        Theo Nasa

It felt strange being back there as it was my last night out before Covid. 
Definitely felt like we had come full circle. Such euphoria and all the DJs got cheers at changeover. Was really touching. 
Couldn’t hang on for Ellen Allien as both me and my dance party were so tired. So in the end spent the entire night in Black Studio. 

Techno anyone?? I've just had the fright of my fucking life. I've only been producing Techno for roughly 18 months. Have loved and listened to it for well over 20 years though. Anyhow, I tend to make my tunes VERY late on at night after a few beers (As you do!!). Did the very same, sat down at the desk in my studio upstairs a few hours ago and there was a bloody mouse, just sat there, on my studio desk top, bold as brass, ha ha ha. To say I was shocked is an understatement, but it was just sat there, all plump and still, not skittish at all. it seemed quite docile. from my very "Un David Attenborough-like' deductions, I think it was was pregnant and possibly in labour, so I packaged it up in a little box with some bedding and put it in my shed. I will check up on it, and possibly any little ones in a few hours. In the meantime, I have finished my tune (Yes, I was pissed) and obviously could call it nothing other than "Techno Mouse' 😉

I hope all and sundry who wish to listen to it, like it. 

Peace out ladies and gentlemen. X

Just need somewhere to rant a tad. That APE Jamie XX show was pretty dreadful.

He was the only act on in that slot so it was the only option. Think crowd expected a dance party, and first few tracks were that, but it really went off the rails. Felt a little experimental for that kind of setting, and much more garage/jungle kind of stuff than the crowd were in for.

by 30 mins there were people streaming out, and by 60+ when he finally started playing a few big dance-y bangers, the atmosphere was so dead.

finishing with a few big the XX tunes couldn’t really save it, bit of a bitter pill at end of a good day. 

On a brighter note, Field Day was much better (terrible queues but conversely strict drug enforcement aside).

Floorplan was a highlight and the Bicep headline set was brilliant. Would say the sound wasn’t great on any of the stages, and I’m probably going to mostly avoid outdoor dance festivals, at least where the infrastructure isn’t tailored specifically for it.

51 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

On a brighter note, Field Day was much better (terrible queues but conversely strict drug enforcement aside).

Floorplan was a highlight and the Bicep headline set was brilliant. Would say the sound wasn’t great on any of the stages, and I’m probably going to mostly avoid outdoor dance festivals, at least where the infrastructure isn’t tailored specifically for it.

Had such a sick day. You’re right though, sound was very poor all round except in the tent. Hardly any bass which was annoying! Prospa were unreal though!

Went to RTRN II DANCE at Clapham Common yesterday. Had a fun time, mostly in the tents (as much as I love DnB, it's much better in a more intimate setting rather than a huge stage), Dillinja and Bou stood out. 

The queues for the bars were off the charts insane. Ridiculously bad. Didn't affect me personally but there's no way I could have queued in it. Absolutely terrible, not sure why? Lack of staff? Never seen queues so bad in over 20 years of festivals. That bad.