Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

15 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I got tix for the Hacienda night and the XXL night! There's quite a few I want to do, but sadly I can't afford them all 😞

Also getting tix for Jon Hopkins in Bristol at 11 too...

Brilliant. 

I've got Glastonbury pals going for those Motion tickets too, and they're also up for XXL. 

Good luck getting them. Report back! 

Ben

Heavy line-up at The Cause in November that I picked tickets up for last week that some of you might be interested in.

So nice having a stacked calendar full of events again - if everything opens up as planned on the 19th then I'm booked in for a party every weekend from that date consecutively for 5 weeks. Hopefully I haven't lost my stamina!

The cause event.jpg

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

All sorted for WHP 27 November.

Any other threaders get tickets for these events?

Anyone desperate for help in getting them?

Ben
x

We got tickets for one of the opening parties (the night with Carl), a few weeks back in a flurry of excitement. 

Kinda wish we'd gone for the Four Tet or Jamie xx night now, but either way Chaos in the CBD, Hunee, and Dan Shake in the Concourse should be an absolute riot! 

10 minutes ago, joemason96 said:

Heavy line-up at The Cause in November that I picked tickets up for last week that some of you might be interested in.

So nice having a stacked calendar full of events again - if everything opens up as planned on the 19th then I'm booked in for a party every weekend from that date consecutively for 5 weeks. Hopefully I haven't lost my stamina!

The cause event.jpg

I was looking at those Cause dates. Ben Sims is playing. He's right up the top of my really wanna see list. A master.

Ben

1 minute ago, Zacko said:

We got tickets for one of the opening parties (the night with Carl), a few weeks back in a flurry of excitement. 

Kinda wish we'd gone for the Four Tet or Jamie xx night now, but either way Chaos in the CBD, Hunee, and Dan Shake in the Concourse should be an absolute riot! 

Ooooh, you little disco monkey, @Zacko!

Ben

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ooooh, you little disco monkey, @Zacko!

Ben

😍

Funnily enough Dan Shake is my first event back on the 24th... a few days after I turn 30, and the first weekend of stuff open - should be MONSTROUS.

Also hoping for a Bennyhana style techno whalloping at some point this Summer as well. Proper keen to go back to Berlin, not been since we did NYE there a few years back! 

Just now, Zacko said:

😍

Funnily enough Dan Shake is my first event back on the 24th... a few days after I turn 30, and the first weekend of stuff open - should be MONSTROUS.

Also hoping for a Bennyhana style techno whalloping at some point this Summer as well. Proper keen to go back to Berlin, not been since we did NYE there a few years back! 

Child 1, who I have schooled properly, is almost certainly relocating from Amsterdam to Berlin.

Bastard.

Come to WHP on 27 November! There's a hell of a lot of techno (and world-class electro) wallop in there and I promise to give you a really decent bunch to hang out with...!

Ben

45 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Child 1, who I have schooled properly, is almost certainly relocating from Amsterdam to Berlin.

Bastard.

Come to WHP on 27 November! There's a hell of a lot of techno (and world-class electro) wallop in there and I promise to give you a really decent bunch to hang out with...!

Ben

That's another mates 30th unfortunately, or else I'd be all over that mate! Thanks for the invite! 

FJAAK, Stingray, Blawan, Jeff, and the Hauff - GOSH ❤️ You're going to be in heaven. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

So, team...

Double vaccines mandatory for clubs from September.

Thoughts?

Ben

Won’t be a concern for me as my second is on Monday. I think the concern here is that nightclubs face a threat of being closed again.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Won’t be a concern for me as my second is on Monday. I think the concern here is that nightclubs face a threat of being closed again.

It's such a difficult one, ethically. No-one has a 'right' to go raving per se, but this creates effective state-compulsion for vaccination, previously unprecedented.

I believe that the right thing to do is for everyone to get vaccinated, but it still feels 'wrong'. It's not as if it is being imposed for pubs which are often as if not more rammed than clubs. It appears a poorly-veiled coercion tactic to get younger people to engage in the programme. The end is beneficial, the means is unsavoury, by virtue of it being differential to other environments.

As you say, Matt, no issue for me either. And if it means that I can go to all my currently booked nights out then, predictably, I'll put my ethical compass back in its box. Tricky.

Ben

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

It's such a difficult one, ethically. No-one has a 'right' to go raving per se, but this creates effective state-compulsion for vaccination, previously unprecedented.

I believe that the right thing to do is for everyone to get vaccinated, but it still feels 'wrong'. It's not as if it is being imposed for pubs which are often as if not more rammed than clubs. It appears a poorly-veiled coercion tactic to get younger people to engage in the programme. The end is beneficial, the means is unsavoury, by virtue of it being differential to other environments.

As you say, Matt, no issue for me either. And if it means that I can go to all my currently booked nights out then, predictably, I'll put my ethical compass back in its box. Tricky.

Ben

The best eras for clubbing were when the mainstream hated it! Back to roots I say!

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

So, team...

Double vaccines mandatory for clubs from September.

Thoughts?

Ben

Disgraceful and completely unjustified in my view. Clubs not even been open 24 hours and already clubbers being made the scapegoat for any rise in infections. Easy target as middle England have no intention of ever going to a nightclub.

I've had both my jabs but that won't stop me protesting about this. 

43 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Ethically dubious as you’ve said Ben. I’m 100% pro vaccine and have been double vaccinated since March, but I don’t think this does anyone any favours. 

Double vaccine or negative LFT would be a fair compromise, but vaccine alone is simply a coercion tactic for a medical procedure which to my mind is unethical. I worry about the perception of young people when they see the vaccine as forced on them in order to have a normal social live. It’s a potential breeding ground for anti-vaccine sentiment and bullshit.  I expect nothing less from the Tories. 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Couldn’t have put it better myself.