Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 minutes ago, El Matador said:

Anyone planning going to this tomorrow? Think I'll head down and see what it's like. Unsure of what crowd to expect. Ravers desperate for a dance or conspiracy theorists dishing out flyers about covid being a hoax. 

sos1.jpg.087ef354897d9a29d0af1b7700256cb8.jpg

Yeah do it! Just hope Piers C and his lunatics aren't hijacking it!

Ben

Really confused by the current rules on festivals.

Seen a lot of footage from Access festival yesterday, with people crammed around the stage dancing and watching DJ's with no masks or anything. Lineup looked amazing to be fair!

I'm not remotely judging or anything, I'm just genuinely confused - is it that crowds are supposed to wear masks and not dance etc, but people are just ignoring it? (that's my guess). Bigfoot looked the same from some stuff I saw.

To my mind it looks the same as a normal festival, so that's why I'm confused! But I guess it bodes well for some of my September festivals that are DJ-led. 

Edited by Zacko

Just spoke to Child 1, who lives in Amsterdam now - sensibly buggered off when Brexshit started to impact on his life. The Dutch govt made a flash announcement last week that, as of yesterday, clubs and all other venues can re-open. Slightly tiered - if you want no restrictions, you need a LFT before entry, if you don't want to force tests, then there is table service etc.

Anyhoo, so he went out and saw Dixon on good form playing a set of mostly breaks and looks today like a dog with two dicks. Bastard. But, at least I grow them well...

Ben

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Anyone else watched "When Dance Music Came to Glastonbury" on iPlayer? 94-99 really was a golden age for electronica 

I just posted in the BBC Coverage thread along those lines!  

I miss 90s clubbing!  I didn't go to Glastonbury in those days, was more an underground clubber than a field dancer but watching this doc I really missed out 😍

Just now, DirtyLurker said:

I just posted in the BBC Coverage thread along those lines!  

I miss 90s clubbing!  I didn't go to Glastonbury in those days, was more an underground clubber than a field dancer but watching this doc I really missed out 😍

In hindsight, it's a huge regret that I never attended in the 90s, despite being a raver since 92. I had ridiculous and totally incorrect pre-conceived ideas of what Glastonbury was in those days, preferring clubs and warehouses to fields and fresh air. One of my best friends at school attended since 94 and tried convincing me to go, to no avail. Absolute insanity, really. What an absolute fool 15-23 year old me was 😂

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

In hindsight, it's a huge regret that I never attended in the 90s, despite being a raver since 92. I had ridiculous and totally incorrect pre-conceived ideas of what Glastonbury was in those days, preferring clubs and warehouses to fields and fresh air. One of my best friends at school attended since 94 and tried convincing me to go, to no avail. Absolute insanity, really. What an absolute fool 15-23 year old me was 😂

Haha yes, I remember working with someone that went late 90s & me clearly saying to them why would I want to traipse across muddy fields with all my belongings when I can get dressed up & dance til dawn in a club 😅 oh how silly young me was!

I went to to my 1st festival in 2001 (I was 25!) the 1st ever Global Gathering, close to where I lived, easy to get to (I couldn't drive) & I could go to work the next day!  That was another thing, I don't think I took any holidays from work in the 90s, so the idea of taking a week off work to live in a field & getting halfway across the country was just not in my remit - I don't regret anything in my past but I do wish I could add to it, like with a spot of time travel😉

30 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

And...

...I love that fabric are introducing a no cameras, no video policy. I hope other venues and promoters follow their lead.

Ben

Feel a bit guilty posting a 'Temple-at-5:30' snap in the 'On this day' thread now! Don't worry though, you're not in it. x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fishman said:

Feel a bit guilty posting a 'Temple-at-5:30' snap in the 'On this day' thread now! Don't worry though, you're not in it. x

Ha! 

It's a difficult one, though, isn't it? I think that sort of shot, as testament to the end of an amazing night in The Common is different to the perma-snappers in the middle of the night in a club. But then that just makes me a massive 'they're my rules' hypocrite!

Ben

*and why wasn't I in it??!!

3 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ha! 

It's a difficult one, though, isn't it? I think that sort of shot, as testament to the end of an amazing night in The Common is different to the perma-snappers in the middle of the night in a club. But then that just makes me a massive 'they're my rules' hypocrite!

Ben

*and why wasn't I in it??!!

probably couldnt focus on you cos you move too fast 🙂 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Not sure if it's your thing Ben but Gabber Eleganza's stream from February this year for HOR Berlin is one that I've listened to a few times since. A nice and varied set, just how I like it. 

Will check out, thanks mate. HOR has had some absolute belters during this mental period. Think my Glastonbury rave pal and I will do that WHP. I mean, it's Jeff Mills, FFS!

Ben

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Some very very nice line-ups there. XXL is comically stuffed.

That Four Tet-curated one in Oct, typically, is ace too. Really happy to see Anz sweeping the board this year. Aletha, TSHA, Tãn, Eliza Rose, Holly Lester, Darwin all exciting gets too.

And a much overdue double booking for DJ Paulette as well!

Agreed. They've done very well. As you say, the XXL line up is almost ridiculous. And brilliant to see women as four of the five 'headliners' (god I hate that term in clubbing)

Ben

6 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

All sorted for WHP 27 November.

Any other threaders get tickets for these events?

Anyone desperate for help in getting them?

Ben
x

I got tix for the Hacienda night and the XXL night! There's quite a few I want to do, but sadly I can't afford them all 😞

Also getting tix for Jon Hopkins in Bristol at 11 too...

• Upvote 1