Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Hi Team

Everyone OK? It's all a bit shit, isn't it? But, hey, we're nearly, nearly there, eh?

I've just booked my likely next night out, and probably the first for 18 months, by the time it arrives.

Messrs Avery and Pangaea are in Coventry on 6 August and I. Am. Booked.

If it goes ahead, it'll be a lovely little dress rehearsal for Boomtown. If it goes ahead.

As a lover of the IDM-inclined side of techno (so much now is just so fast - bpm constantly above 135 - and so whomp whomp whomp...happy to discuss with anyone equally a little frustrated by the scene...), those two on the same bill is bloody exciting.

Hope everyone is taking care of themselves and each other. We will dance again, my lovelies.

Ben
x

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi Team

Everyone OK? It's all a bit shit, isn't it? But, hey, we're nearly, nearly there, eh?

I've just booked my likely next night out, and probably the first for 18 months, by the time it arrives.

If it goes ahead, it'll be a lovely little dress rehearsal for Boomtown. If it goes ahead.

As a lover of the IDM-inclined side of techno (so much now is just so fast - bpm constantly above 135 - and so whomp whomp whomp...happy to discuss with anyone equally a little frustrated by the scene...), those two on the same bill is bloody exciting.

Hope everyone is taking care of themselves and each other. We will dance again, my lovelies.

Ben
x

That'll be an absolute riot! 

I've got tickets for a day party or two, Love International, and then also Alfresco Disco further into August. As long as one of them happens I'll be content, I just need that one dance y'know 

4 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi Team

Ben
x

The way your bpm preferences are creeping up Ben, give it a year and you'll be cutting some shapes to speedcore. Looking forward to your first Defqon.1 event review... 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi Team

Ben
x

Seriously though, I'm reluctant to over commit atm. I moved too late on the Anjunadeep event at Printworks, which I'm a little annoyed about but that's on me. Snoozed and losed. Something will take my fancy, I'm sure. Would have gone for the Goldie Boiler Room tickets but I'm hopefully in IBZ when that's on.

Just remembered that I have the Rtrn II Jungle event at Clapham Common over August bank holiday, that lineup's looking good.

Really looking forward to seeing the big WHP reveal soon. Will definitely be at 3 or 4 of those events, as always. Oh to be in a cold, damp Manchester warehouse in the middle of Autumn with a thousand like-minded revellers again... 

Edited by Supernintendo Chalmers
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Hi Team

Ben
x

Should be a good evening

Listening to the new Avery track last night which I am enjoying a lot, and may have pre-ordered the vinyl as well

Just now, fred quimby said:

Should be a good evening

Listening to the new Avery track last night which I am enjoying a lot, and may have pre-ordered the vinyl as well

I like to think that Daniel Avery helped me sell my property. I used to leave Love + Light on low in the background to create some ambience. Worked a treat. Forget baking bread or making coffee, chuck some downtempo electronica on at low volume for the win

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Nabbed some for the Ellen Allien date in the presale but be warned already on second release if anyone else is keen. 
Fingers crossed we can be sweaty on the dancefloor soon 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Presale links for a couple of the dates

Ellen Allien date https://ra.co/events/1441393?p=prereg

FJAAK date https://ra.co/events/1441460?p=prereg

Ben Klock date https://ra.co/events/1440396?p=prereg

01A5851A-D7DC-4CE7-922E-BD0CFBB8187D.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gherring8 said:

Nabbed some for the Ellen Allien date in the presale but be warned already on second release if anyone else is keen. 
Fingers crossed we can be sweaty on the dancefloor soon 🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼

Presale links for a couple of the dates

Ellen Allien date https://ra.co/events/1441393?p=prereg

FJAAK date https://ra.co/events/1441460?p=prereg

Ben Klock date https://ra.co/events/1440396?p=prereg

01A5851A-D7DC-4CE7-922E-BD0CFBB8187D.jpeg

Just popped in to say that the E1 summer series was now on sale.

I'm sorted for Ellen Allien too. But I'm already having clash-anxiety - the thought of not seeing DVS1 play in the smaller Black Studio is giving me the heebeegeebees! So looking forward to MARRØN too - that boy's got chops.

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

L2ltYWdlcy9ldmVudHMvZmx5ZXIvMjAyMS8xMC91ay0xMDA5LTEzNTEyNTctMTczNTg2Ny1mcm9udC5qcGc

£40 for this is fantastic value! Never been to the festival or Nottingham before so thinking of giving this a go.

To think first release for this was only £17.50...

yeah i’ve got tickets to this rolled over from last year. the first year was great fun as well, good outdoor and indoor day parties and then loads of different venue open throughout the night.

lots of different types of venues rather than clubs too like caves and an actual church which is very surreal to party in but good fun - Wigflex crew have always put on top parties in Notts so highly recommend this one!

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

In my haste to squeeze my entire Spring and Summer activities into Autumn, I can't make the Prydz one. Gutted.

Yeah I was nervously checking my songkick hoping for no clashes, already been stung a few times in the end of year pile up. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Hope you're all well people. Dipping my toe quietly in here as it's Glasto weekend. At this point in time it's probably the most optimistic I've been about 2022 - long may that continue. 

@Ddiamondd sweet feature with Todd Edwards. He'd be so much fun at the farm. 

Hey, Mez. 

Thanks for bumping our lovely little thread. Yeah, it's been a mental time to be alive, eh? 

I'm still holding out hope for Green Man to save my summer. My optimism-meter is probably at about 50% just now. If that does happen, obviously there's not a lot of dance stuff, but I have got nicely wonky to sets by Ben UFO and The Field there before, so fingers crossed. 

Other rave-wise, a few bits on the hopeful horizon. Avery and Pangea in August, Ellen Allien at E1 if Green Man is canned and Waterworks one day festival in London in September. Been off this week not being at Glastonbury 😔 and that's really hit home just how much I need to go out dancing. 

Hope everyone is coping ok and hasn't had too shitty a time with all this lunacy. 

Ben
x

• Like 1

Hey everyone, hope you're all keeping well? What an intense few months it's been, without anything actually happening. In April, everything was looking so good, the vaccination programme was rolling and there was some genuine confidence for the summer and beyond. I still feel like the dancefloors will be open for real by the end of the summer and @bennyhana22will soon find himself right in the centre of a sweaty, low-ceilinged dungeon at 3am, where he's been rooted since midnight. 

I took a chance on Latitude on Monday and that seems to have paid off. Not a huge amount in the way of late-night action there but the promise of some fields, The Chems, Hot Chip and a wander through the woods to find some random DnB was too much to resist. 

I have a few bits in the books. In August, My Nu Leng at the Thekla, Rtrn II Jungle on Clapham Common and a rescheduled Ibiza trip. It's not going to be anything like a usual season but Cova Santa is open from next week (Sasha, Villalobos, Purple Disco Machine and Luciano are all doing events, with some restrictions, I'd imagine) so fingers crossed by the time I get there, there'll be something on. 

September it's Glitterbox at Ministry, November is Fatboy Slim in Nottingham and Shiiine On Weekender for a bit of an old skool fix.

Hopefully I can make some of WHP's second phase of dates, the announcement for which I understand is imminent. Problem is, everything I've cancelled in the summer has rolled over to Autumn! First world problems and all that.

What's everyone else got planned?

It's coming, everyone, keep the faith...

• Upvote 1

Btw, for those of you who enjoy a podcast, check out the latest House Culture offering with Malcolm Haynes. 

"Malcolm Haynes is the man widely credited with introducing dance music to the Glastonbury Festival. As an employee of the festival for nearly 30 years, Malcolm programmed the Glastonbury stages that evolved from the original Dance Tent, into the Dance Village, and now into the huge spectacle that is known as Silver Hayes. Malcolm has led an incredible life; growing up in care, running away with the funfair and eventually rocking up at Glastonbury with his own sound system that created an impromptu rave - the man was destined for a career in music promotion. His work at Worthy Farm saw him collaborating with a who's who of the dance music community and, as you will hear in this episode, he is full of many stories about the behind the scenes goings on at the world's biggest festival"

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9yc3MuYWNhc3QuY29tL2hvdXNlY3VsdHVyZQ?ep=14