Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

9 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Yeah ive just argued against my own position there tbf 😂 

If it was 199 plus £15 bf it would just feel a lot more reasonable even though in the grand scheme of things its only £30

I’d rather I was just given a total cost including booking fee.

It’s not optional, so lump it into the price!!!

I do wonder how much prices will continue to rise and when the tipping point will occur. 

When do we get to a £300 Glastonbury? 

6 hours ago, nikkic said:

When do we get to a £300 Glastonbury? 

It wont be far off when the next one does eventually go on sale. October 2022 for 2023!!

to be fair the difference this year is all fests have basically already sold their early bird / cheaper tickets in 2020 or earlier so its no wonder the final batches are super expensive plus the fact that demand is through the roof

1 hour ago, gherring8 said:

Any luck for Houghton Electronica/Dance gang? 

None for my group who tried. Some of which joined at 9:01 only to be 22000 in the queue! 

It appears people just really really want to dance, and frankly who can blame them.

Bloody nora!

All gone, eh? Presumably there weren't many available as so many will have rolled-over?

Ben

1 hour ago, gherring8 said:

Any luck for Houghton Electronica/Dance gang? 

None for my group who tried. Some of which joined at 9:01 only to be 22000 in the queue! 

It appears people just really really want to dance, and frankly who can blame them.

Sorry you guys missed out 😞 

You got any other festivals to try for?

Ben

Just now, bennyhana22 said:

Sorry you guys missed out 😞 

You got any other festivals to try for?

Ben

Well I rolled mine over so I’m hoping at least one of my group manage to grab one off of RA Resale at some point. 

A few of us have got Shambala and Naked City tickets along with a few gigs so can’t complain too much. 

Didn't get nuffin but not that heartbroken over Houghton, since I have Gala. I'm not even sure the misses would have wanted to go this year, but I tried anyways 😛.

For any ppl who really wanna go, I'd say keep the event bookmarked and just click on it randomly throughout the next months. The tickets can only really be re-sold within the last 48 hours (unless someone promises they'll send it to you once they're released). So unless someone ends up holding a ticket & not going, if they want their £200 back & I'm sure plans will be shifting for folks all summer long, people will be releasing tix (not too many tho I imagine). As also the lineup could change things for folks.

But if you're going to Houghton... I won't say it 😉 

Any idea what the technique is for popular RA sales? I just seem to be at the back of the queue no matter what. Almost had me wishing it was like glasto days & I'd be mashing F5... Almost...

On 3/14/2021 at 8:45 AM, Homer said:

HUGE. Going to see Inner City live is top of my to-do list post-pandemic

Was the best 'unfairly-tucked-away-on-a-small-stage' act of 2019. However, this meant they were up close and personal. Top stuff.

Inner City.jpg

• Like 1

Fabric have some livestreams over the next few Sundays for the Save the Venues crowd-funder. If you can throw a bit of money their way, please do. x

https://www.fabriclondon.com/blog/view/newsflash-announcing-london-unlocked-a-series-of-streams-from-iconic-london-locations

21st March
Stream start time: 18:00 GMT - London
Wavey Garms: Fabio b2b Grooverider, Oneman b2b Bluetoof

28th March
Stream start time: 18:00 BST - London
Smithfield Market: Object Blue, Batu

4th April
Stream start time: 14:00 BST - London
fabric: Josh Caffe | Round Chapel: Archie Hamilton | Round Chapel: FAUZIA, Kode 9

11th April
Tower Bridge: Giant Swan | Tower Bridge: Djrum, LCY,

18th April
V&A: Midland, OK Williams | V&A: Saoirse b2b Shanti Celeste

25th April
English National Opera at the Coliseum: Dillinja & GQ, SHERELLE b2b Tim Reaper

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/save-our-venues-red-list

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Bagged these too. Extremely good line-up and stands a solid chance of going ahead. Forza!

Can. Not. Wait. 

Very excited to see Object Blue do one of her nicely bonkers sets.

43 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Cheaper tickets to turn up early?! Now thats my type of early entry ticket 

Yeah, I noticed that! I guess they want to ensure that there's a decent crowd early on. Be interesting to see how strict they would be if you pitched up at 1.30pm with an early ticket...

Mine are before 4pm ones anyway, but after 18 months without a rave, I'll likely be there pressing my nose against the gates to open.

Ben

22 hours ago, Fishman said:

Was the best 'unfairly-tucked-away-on-a-small-stage' act of 2019. However, this meant they were up close and personal. Top stuff.

Inner City.jpg

I was gutted to miss this - though at least I was watching Friendly Fires who were also really good.

They had a date cancelled for an all-dayer at Printworks, so hopeful that will get rescheduled soon. With them having just brought out their first album for 30 years, has to be a fair chance of a tour!

9 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Watched Justice' headline set from 2017 again tonight. Just a wonderful night. Oh to relive it. 

Wasn't it? That set was the one I watched with the largest number of my gang since I've been going to Glastonbury. The combination of a euphoric set coupled with so many friends was magical. And it was the hors d'ouevres for an amazing last night in the SEC too. My strongest memory of that set was the walls of ice-bright white lights smashing into my eyes, as the WH rig delivered flawless sound. Magnificent. 

Ben

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Wasn't it? That set was the one I watched with the largest number of my gang since I've been going to Glastonbury. The combination of a euphoric set coupled with so many friends was magical. And it was the hors d'ouevres for an amazing last night in the SEC too. My strongest memory of that set was the walls of ice-bright white lights smashing into my eyes, as the WH rig delivered flawless sound. Magnificent. 

Ben

It was perfection, Ben. Everything from the set starting under a beautiful Avalon sunset to the happy West Holts atmosphere to the sound, as you rightly point out. That tour setlist was so wonderfully crafted, too. No lulls, nothing uninteresting, just ninety minutes of seamless, euphoric electro-techno-rock-nu-disco. There's something special when a Sunday night closer gets it right. When all the ingredients converge, it's magical. 

I toddled off to see Fabio and Grooverider at Arcadia afterwards with the biggest smile. Definitely one of my favourite nights at the farm but definitely my greatest closing night.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, tpark said:

Got my first electronic post-pandemic tickets today, Dimension live at Printworks, never been there or to an event like this in London so very excited for it

You're in for a treat. Printworks is a hell of a venue. Dimension's brand of DnB isn't for everyone but I love it. That's going to be a great night! 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

You're in for a treat. Printworks is a hell of a venue. Dimension's brand of DnB isn't for everyone but I love it. That's going to be a great night! 

Echoing this completely. It always feels like you're in some kind of mad Blade Runner rave when you're in amongst it in the main room.

• Upvote 1