Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

43 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

No, my sadness was an amazing line up that I won't be able to get to! Enjoyed that last Dimensions at the Fort...

But that line up for @Supernintendo Chalmers is stellar too...

Crossing everything that I can get off my PsyTrance tits at Boomtown as my emergence from this lunacy.

Nice one on getting your tix for LI. 

Ben

I still can't allow myself to get caught up in the hysteria of the mythical June 21 date. We've been dealing with this for so long and I've had so events cancelled I'm thoroughly in the "I'll believe it when I'm there" camp. I'm a little bit reluctant to commit to anything new, gig or festival wise at the moment, particularly on the continent. I'd really hate for this all to go tits up for everyone, a lot of people have got their hopes set on a great summer and are financially and emotionally committed following last Monday's predictions. Whatever events do take place, they're going to be wonderful. Got everything crossed for you that Boomtown goes ahead, the dancefloor misses your energy 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Anyone been to GALA festival in peckham? Recommended?

I live close by, that's why I started going (2018?). Have always enjoyed how they keep it pretty small in comparison to other London day/weekend festivals. Damn, I see it's sold out now. Hope you got some if you wanted them.

I actually swung by here to share this belter of a set that quite a few on here (including me) considered amongst their top 2019 glasto moments. HAAI!

https://thenycdownlow.com/2021/03/03/haai-genosys-glastonbury-2019/ 

I surprisingly didn't watch Bicep, even as the Bicep fanboy I am. I just don't have a proper living room for raving/dancing & I'm not gonna watch it like a movie haha. It looked & sounded good from the clips I saw shared online. Again, not sure how likely those Brixton Academy dates are to happen.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

I actually swung by here to share this belter of a set that quite a few on here (including me) considered amongst their top 2019 glasto moments. HAAI!

Popped in here to say the same thing .... will give it blast later and try not to cry. (Is there a theme emerging?)

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

I live close by, that's why I started going (2018?). Have always enjoyed how they keep it pretty small in comparison to other London day/weekend festivals. Damn, I see it's sold out now. Hope you got some if you wanted them.

I surprisingly didn't watch Bicep, even as the Bicep fanboy I am. I just don't have a proper living room for raving/dancing & I'm not gonna watch it like a movie haha. It looked & sounded good from the clips I saw shared online. Again, not sure how likely those Brixton Academy dates are to happen.

No more upvotes for today, but thanks, @Acid Loafers - not only one of my highlights of 2019, but one of my favourite festival dance sets of all time. She was on fire for two hours. Don't know how I feel about listening to it again. I'm, not a great one for 'looking back', and it might just be too stark a reminder of how long it's been since I went out and how long it still has to be.

Got tickets for her playing all night long in London on Bonfire Night! 

[insert fireworks gag here]

Ben

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Missed out on gala, waited for the email then got put 12000 in the que. never mind!!

looking for sunday tickets lol. Going to check for resales every so often on RA

The ticket system was a bit of a mess wasn't it! I do feel for them slightly as it sounds like they just weren't geared up for demand on that scale. Feel very lucky that we managed to get ours. 

People will definitely resell nearer the time I reckon! There's going to be so much going on we'll probably all be spoilt for choice of parties.

Don't suppose anyone has heard of/is going to Naked City? A friend is doing it for their birthday so have tickets to that as well but not really sure what to expect.

35 minutes ago, Sundance said:

The ticket system was a bit of a mess wasn't it! I do feel for them slightly as it sounds like they just weren't geared up for demand on that scale. Feel very lucky that we managed to get ours. 

People will definitely resell nearer the time I reckon! There's going to be so much going on we'll probably all be spoilt for choice of parties.

Don't suppose anyone has heard of/is going to Naked City? A friend is doing it for their birthday so have tickets to that as well but not really sure what to expect.

I’m going along with a few friends. Haven’t been before, but it’s the location sold it to us. Not far from us at all & go to the park there occasionally in the summer anyway so a no brainier. Beckenham Hill station is closest and is right on the edge of the park which is handy. 

20 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMCbwyOgALu/

I had tickets for this, now I don't as I refunded last year.

I don't think I even did anything with the money I got back. Welp.

Guess I might see some of you in the virtual queue on March 11th? 😛 

Was going to ask if anyone was planning Houghton after their announcement today. Man, I hope they have some decent luck this year to give some stability for the future. Gods know they're due some. Obviously I'm dearly hoping to be at Boomtown at the same time. With (Han)COCK's latest announcement of possibly achieving full-adult vaccination a month ahead of schedule (so, end-June), i really think we have reason to be properly, if cautiously, optimistic. Notwithstanding @Supernintendo Chalmers's entirely reasonable approach of 'not believing it until I'm pegging out the last corner of my tent'!

Ben

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Was going to ask if anyone was planning Houghton after their announcement today. Man, I hope they have some decent luck this year to give some stability for the future. Gods know they're due some. Obviously I'm dearly hoping to be at Boomtown at the same time. With (Han)COCK's latest announcement of possibly achieving full-adult vaccination a month ahead of schedule (so, end-June), i really think we have reason to be properly, if cautiously, optimistic. Notwithstanding @Supernintendo Chalmers's entirely reasonable approach of 'not believing it until I'm pegging out the last corner of my tent'!

Ben

Ahhhh, ignore my pessimistic ass. You shall dance this summer, my friend. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

Hello Ben and @Acid LoafersLoafers! Feels like a long old time since I've been on this thread....

My friends have tickets for Houghton and trying to convince me to go for tickets this week. Ive not been, and would probably rather go to Boomtown BUT as these two friends are also my Boomtown crew, that is off the cards I think. So, what's Houghton like? And do you know how much tickets are?

P.S. Does anyone know what happened to @FuzzyDunlop?

56 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Hello Ben and @Acid LoafersLoafers! Feels like a long old time since I've been on this thread....

My friends have tickets for Houghton and trying to convince me to go for tickets this week. Ive not been, and would probably rather go to Boomtown BUT as these two friends are also my Boomtown crew, that is off the cards I think. So, what's Houghton like? And do you know how much tickets are?

Hi Sas. Lovely to hear from you again. I was thinking of Fuzzy just the other day and, like you, wondering where he was and hoping he is ok. 

There are a few Houghtoneers in here IIRC, so no doubt you'll get quality intel soon enough. Sorry you won't be at BT 😢. Hope all good with you. 

Ben

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I haven’t ever been as my first planned year was 2019 which was cancelled. 
I got tickets for 2020 which have rolled over and these were £187+bf which was £199.34 in total. 
Not sure it will be the same price this year but gives a rough idea. 
I had friends attend in 2018 and they talked about it for months afterwards. So I knew I had to get involved. 
The 24hr licence is definitely a big selling point for me as well as not strictly having headliners. Big names are spread throughout the day and stages which makes a nice change. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/6/2021 at 7:42 PM, gherring8 said:

I haven’t ever been as my first planned year was 2019 which was cancelled. 
I got tickets for 2020 which have rolled over and these were £187+bf which was £199.34 in total. 
Not sure it will be the same price this year but gives a rough idea. 
I had friends attend in 2018 and they talked about it for months afterwards. So I knew I had to get involved. 
The 24hr licence is definitely a big selling point for me as well as not strictly having headliners. Big names are spread throughout the day and stages which makes a nice change. 

@Sasperella I’ve just had the following details in an email from Houghton in case this helps.

Tickets for this year’s event are priced as follows:

General Admission Weekend Ticket (Inc. Camping) - £220 + bf

Payment Scheme General Admission Weekend Ticket (Inc. Camping) - £110 + £110 + bf

Live In Vehicle Pass - £70 + bf

Car Parking Pass - £15 + bf

The two part payment scheme is available through Resident Advisor: an initial payment of £110 plus booking fee and a second payment of £110 plus booking fee (to be paid by Wednesday 2nd June). The first instalment is non-refundable (unless the festival is postponed), however, a fully paid ticket would be eligible for a Resident Advisor resale.

Obviously we are all putting our best foot forward for the summer, but Covid 19 continues to define our immediate destiny. So in the event that Houghton 2021 cannot take place you will receive a full refund of your ticket minus the booking fee. Current government guidance around the Covid 19 pandemic permits Houghton 2021 to go ahead but as we are all aware governmental measures can change.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hope those that want them get houghton tickets. Its a bit expensive for my liking, 220 plus £25 booking fee which is just RA being greedy to be quite honest. £245 for a festival not named glastonbury should not become the norm

expect it will sell out anyway, of course

It doesnt exactly encourage people to use the RA resale function if they only get back face value. You’d basically lose £25 by not going. Or just sell privately and get your money back.

3 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Hope those that want them get houghton tickets. Its a bit expensive for my liking, 220 plus £25 booking fee which is just RA being greedy to be quite honest. £245 for a festival not named glastonbury should not become the norm

It doesnt exactly encourage people to use the RA resale function if they only get back face value. You’d basically lose £25 by not going. Or just sell privately and get your money back.

So Houghton is more expensive than Boomtown?! Wow. I remember a few years back debating whether to swap Boomtown out for Houghton purely because of the cost.

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

I think you're right. I guess the philosophy now is that, given the explosion of popularity of festivals in the past decade or two, organisers can set their ticket prices at the typical market rate knowing that, assuming they have a product that people want, they're likely not to have an issue selling at a price that punters now 'expect'. It is a lot of money, mind, for a festival that, although amazing, surely has significantly lower production costs than, say, Boomtown or, indeed, Glastonbury! How much of a factor do we think the 'Glastonbury pays less than the average festival' thing is in this? On economies of scale, is Houghton's artist bill proportionately significantly higher than Glastonbury's as a percentage of it's overall turnover?

Ben

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think houghton needs to make some serious money to continue. They haven’t really profited from the festival at all so far.

I'm sure. And, quite frankly, if I can help with venues, artists and festivals get back on their feet, then I'm more than happy to, and don't resent them needing that approach. Donated to the #wemakeevents campaign mid-lockdown and was proud to be able to help.

Ben

I mean its impossible to compare a “boutique” event with probably 10x fewer attendees than glastonbury. Theres 10x less money available and as i understand it no corporate involvement really at all at houghton.

i bet they’ve a few mates rates but even so artists popular all over europe will want a strong £ offer still. 

90% of glasto appears to be playing for the exposure for a much, much lower fee and free entry for a couple of close friends or family

8 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

I mean its impossible to compare a “boutique” event with probably 10x fewer attendees than glastonbury. Theres 10x less money available and as i understand it no corporate involvement really at all at houghton.

i bet they’ve a few mates rates but even so artists popular all over europe will want a strong £ offer still. 

90% of glasto appears to be playing for the exposure for a much, much lower fee and free entry for a couple of close friends or family

Exactly. I think it's easy to raise an eyebrow at that sort of price for a smaller, DJ-only festival, but they still have to book the artists, which must be one of the, if not the, biggest chunk of their outgoings.

Ben