Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

10 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

That's better!

Sorry, team 😬

Ben
x

Self-quoting is pretty poor form, but I'm listening to this again and...bloody hell 😲

It's just so intelligently put together. Lots of nuance, subtle evolution, smooth segues. No lazy sections. It's like he's really concentrating on delivering a 90 minute dance journey for the floor. I can't stop thinking about this set on IICON at 2am, Saturday morning. That would be about perfect for me. First full all-nighter of three, energy levels not even yet peaking, a crowd absolutely on one. Oh fuckity fuck!!! 

Ben

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Self-quoting is pretty poor form, but I'm listening to this again and...bloody hell 😲

It's just so intelligently put together. Lots of nuance, subtle evolution, smooth segues. No lazy sections. It's like he's really concentrating on delivering a 90 minute dance journey for the floor. I can't stop thinking about this set on IICON at 2am, Saturday morning. That would be about perfect for me. First full all-nighter of three, energy levels not even yet peaking, a crowd absolutely on one. Oh fuckity fuck!!! 

Ben

Outrageous mix that! 68 tracks that are all killer in 95 minutes as well is just different gravy really. His monthly 'Run It Red' shows on NTS have all been a masterclass too.

I'd be a very happy chap if he had a spot at Block 9 next year!

• Upvote 1

Did anybody else watch the Bicep livestream?

I thought it was fantastic, about as much fun as you could have in your living room during a pandemic!

Excited for the live shows they have later in the year (fingers crossed), could deffo see them headlining WH or The Park next time. 

45 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Did anybody else watch the Bicep livestream?

I thought it was fantastic, about as much fun as you could have in your living room during a pandemic!

Excited for the live shows they have later in the year (fingers crossed), could deffo see them headlining WH or The Park next time. 

I didn't as I pretty much never watch PPV music streams - I've never really got much out of the live streams during lockdown. Would I have watched it if it had been FTA? I'd probably have dipped in. I like Bicep. Or, rather, I like the idea of Bicep! Their sound tends to blur into somewhat same for me after a while - I struggle to listen to a whole album without losing interest.

That said, I think they'd be more exciting for me playing live, and I'd be very keen to see them on the now-home of Friday night Electronic headliners, the unsurpassed sound of West Holts.

Ben

46 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

While I'm here, has anyone booked tickets for any of the club events slowly starting to emerge?

I'm looking for something late June - a month before a big sporting challenge, and not too close to (fingers crossed) Boomtown.

Ben

haven’t quite taken the plunge to book anything yet but i’ve had my eyes on a few events down at The Cause they’ve got some great looking ones like their 3rd Birthday weekender Dance Energy - no lineup yet but it’s a great venue and no doubts the lineup will be top notch.

Got Headroom Festival (August) and Field Manuevers tickets (September) which are great festivals proper mucky rave business with stellar lineups so fingers crossed they go ahead as they’re only a very small capacity for a festival. 300ish cap for headroom and 800ish for FM.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

I didn't as I pretty much never watch PPV music streams - I've never really got much out of the live streams during lockdown. Would I have watched it if it had been FTA? I'd probably have dipped in. I like Bicep. Or, rather, I like the idea of Bicep! Their sound tends to blur into somewhat same for me after a while - I struggle to listen to a whole album without losing interest.

That said, I think they'd be more exciting for me playing live, and I'd be very keen to see them on the now-home of Friday night Electronic headliners, the unsurpassed sound of West Holts.

Ben

I’m not usually one for live streams either, but after such a long time without live music and dancing, I needed....... Something.

If they beef up the already fantastic visuals they had on display for a live setting, it’ll be amazing. 

Was great to hear the new album and a few older tracks reworked to suit the live show.

If they do play WH on the Friday, I’ll see you down the front. 

36 minutes ago, joemason96 said:

haven’t quite taken the plunge to book anything yet but i’ve had my eyes on a few events down at The Cause they’ve got some great looking ones like their 3rd Birthday weekender Dance Energy - no lineup yet but it’s a great venue and no doubts the lineup will be top notch.

Got Headroom Festival (August) and Field Manuevers tickets (September) which are great festivals proper mucky rave business with stellar lineups so fingers crossed they go ahead as they’re only a very small capacity for a festival. 300ish cap for headroom and 800ish for FM.

They look excellent, @joemason96, and any line-up that includes Blasha and Allatt gets my vote.

Ben

11 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I’m not usually one for live streams either, but after such a long time without live music and dancing, I needed....... Something.

If they beef up the already fantastic visuals they had on display for a live setting, it’ll be amazing. 

Was great to hear the new album and a few older tracks reworked to suit the live show.

If they do play WH on the Friday, I’ll see you down the front. 

Absolutely - I heard they beefed up some of the tracks too. Is that right?

And not too far down the front - halfway between sound desk and stage is the sweetest for WH 🤪.

Ben

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I rolled this one over from last year but the organiser has gone radio silent for the last six months. Personally, I don't see it happening again so budge up, I'll have a cry with you, Ben

2021-first-banner.jpg

Oh bollocks! That is a corker...

Amelie, Anna, Ben Sims, Rødhäd, Richie...and if that wasn't enough, Oscar Fucking Mulero!

Will be gutted for you if that goes tits up. 

Ben

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Forgot to post in here that I got Love International tickets, also at the Garden in Tisno (and the week after Dimensions).

We thinking Dimensions might get binned then @bennyhana22? Some lineup there! 

No, my sadness was an amazing line up that I won't be able to get to! Enjoyed that last Dimensions at the Fort...

But that line up for @Supernintendo Chalmers is stellar too...

Crossing everything that I can get off my PsyTrance tits at Boomtown as my emergence from this lunacy.

Nice one on getting your tix for LI. 

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

No, my sadness was an amazing line up that I won't be able to get to! Enjoyed that last Dimensions at the Fort...

But that line up for @Supernintendo Chalmers is stellar too...

Crossing everything that I can get off my PsyTrance tits at Boomtown as my emergence from this lunacy.

Nice one on getting your tix for LI. 

Ben

Ahhhh yeah I get ya!

Gutted really, Boomtown was my first choice but it was hard to motivate my group in time, and by then it had sold out. Not to worry though, as long as there's a dancefloor somewhere we'll make the most of it!

• Upvote 1