Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Very nice. I'm sure you envisage yourself in a sweaty techno dungeon front and centre but that has sunset/sunrise vibes for me

Oh mate, outdoors as the sun comes up would be perfect for that set...with like-minded spirits by your side.

Fuck, let it not be too long...

Ben
x

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Heard the new bicep album and I’m a fan. Weird mental state to listen to an album like this though. Stuff that makes me think about people together 😞 

Listening to it now. It gets a 👍🏻 from me and my 3 month old daughter, currently dancing together in the kitchen to it 

15 minutes ago, gordong said:

How big you thinking? I reckon they could pull off an Other Stage headline at this point. 

I will pass on that one. Not sure.

They could do a JP, West Holts headline now easily. The Other Stage is pretty big and can get some pretty huge acts on it. I think it will be a while before that (but I’m not ruling it out).

I think the scene has been craving a new dance headlining act (for second stages etc) and I think it’s probably Bicep. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I will pass on that one. Not sure.

They could do a JP, West Holts headline now easily. The Other Stage is pretty big and can get some pretty huge acts on it. I think it will be a while before that (but I’m not ruling it out).

I think the scene has been craving a new dance headlining act (for second stages etc) and I think it’s probably Bicep. 

It would be a stretch for sure. I thought Disclosure headlined other in 2014, but it was West Holts.

I’ll revise my statement to say that I think they could comfortably headline West Holts at this point. 

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

When are Bicep going to play on a larger stage then? They are set for a number 1 album, which is quite mad for them.

If this album blows up as predicted, headlining West Holts would seem to be the natural step, following other dance/electronic acts like Justice, Major Lazer, Chase & Status, Underworld, Jon Hopkins...

They're currently Number 1 in the album charts, so if it does stay that way that's a sure thing to push them up 

also Brixton Academy have just released the 3rd rescheduled date for them to play Live to 10th September - obviously doesn't mean much but a bit of news towards live music is something too look forward to 

12 hours ago, gordong said:

It would be a stretch for sure. I thought Disclosure headlined other in 2014, but it was West Holts.

I’ll revise my statement to say that I think they could comfortably headline West Holts at this point. 

I think Disclosure did the OS in 2016! 

Could definitely see Bicep doing it. WH next year and then the OS off the next album in a few years time? They've got crossover appeal that few electronic acts manage, and I think the pandemic has really helped them because it felt like they were everywhere for about 3 years, but now there's pent up demand to see them. 

I'm intrigued as to whether they'll branch out and start producing for others, or if they'll start working with more vocalists like they've done with Clara La San on Isles. 

Edited by Zacko

19 minutes ago, Zacko said:

I think Disclosure did the OS in 2016! 

Could definitely see Bicep doing it. WH next year and then the OS off the next album in a few years time? They've got crossover appeal that few electronic acts manage, and I think the pandemic has really helped them because it felt like they were everywhere for about 3 years, but now there's pent up demand to see them. 

I'm intrigued as to whether they'll branch out and start producing for others, or if they'll start working with more vocalists like they've done with Clara La San on Isles. 

This is what I’m thinking too. They are a pretty trendy dance act and getting a rep as good producers. I wonder if they could become a chemical brothers style act with a few more releases under their belt. They aren’t as ‘poppy’ as Dislcosure but they get a good following. Will be interesting to see.

They could definitely headline West Holts now.

edit: I used to watch them in 100 capacity venues and they struggled to sell them out. The promoters were having to go above and beyond to sell all the tickets. If you told me they’d eventually have a #1 album I wouldn’t have believed you 

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

This is what I’m thinking too. They are a pretty trendy dance act and getting a rep as good producers. I wonder if they could become a chemical brothers style act with a few more releases under their belt. They aren’t as ‘poppy’ as Dislcosure but they get a good following. Will be interesting to see.

They could definitely headline West Holts now.

edit: I used to watch them in 100 capacity venues and they struggled to sell them out. The promoters were having to go above and beyond to sell all the tickets. If you told me they’d eventually have a #1 album I wouldn’t have believed you 

I know right!? As I type this Radio 1 are currently playing them, at 1:39pm in the daytime. 

Read a good thing from them the other day where they mentioned losing a hard drive with ten finished tunes on around 5 years ago. The tunes were all in the same mould as Vision of Love, so they both mentioned that losing those tunes was actually a blessing in disguise as it made them reinvent their sound. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Matt42 said:

Social distance Berlin clubbing is a joke in itself. Taking a stranger or two home is part of the Berlin scene

It seems a little early to make a statement like they have but I get the pessimism/reality/however you want to view it. A socially distant queue for Berghain would run from Sven Marquardt to Ostbahnhof.

I think this summer we're going to see a huge number of "illegal" parties right across Europe. Far too many for the authorities to police.

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It seems a little early to make a statement like they have but I get the pessimism/reality/however you want to view it. A socially distant queue for Berghain would run from Sven Marquardt to Ostbahnhof.

I think this summer we're going to see a huge number of "illegal" parties right across Europe. Far too many for the authorities to police.

Considering they happened last summer I imagine it’s a definite for this summer.

• 2 weeks later...