Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Hello gang 

It's a brief emergence from the shadows to remind everyone there's a new Kelly Lee Owens album today. It's brightening up what is another damp and gloomy morning in That London. 

Hope everyone is bearing up. Let's stay positive for some dancing somewhere soon-ish.

x

5 hours ago, Fishman said:

Hello gang 

It's a brief emergence from the shadows to remind everyone there's a new Kelly Lee Owens album today. It's brightening up what is another damp and gloomy morning in That London. 

Hope everyone is bearing up. Let's stay positive for some dancing somewhere soon-ish.

x

Ah. Forgot that was out. Shall give that a listen. Still a bit hit and miss for but love some of her stuff

Thanks

On 8/14/2020 at 1:32 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

I've come out of musical hibernation and have a new track:

Detailed feedback welcome.😁

So have got around to giving this a proper listen on some speakers. Might be a bit fast and over busy for me otherwise flippin cracking. Although I say over busy there is plenty of variation in there which is great just might have been me at the time.

Played loud this blows away any cobwebs

On 8/17/2020 at 12:46 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Still holding onto the tiniest glimmer of hope that four months is a long time in CoronaLandTM and I get to see Mr Avery and friends rave it up in Manchester in the third week of December...

Ben

Would make for a lovely Christmas present for you. Hope it happens

On 8/22/2020 at 8:54 AM, bennyhana22 said:

Team,

BBCR1’s essential mix last night from Rebüke has got some bloody good stuff on it, especially the last half hour. Got me dancing in the fields walking the dog this morning. And a pertinent reminder of how long since we’ve all been out...

Ben
x

Rebüke BBCR1 Essential Mix

Will try out, not sure I am in that space anymore though, may use it as a running soundtrack though

I have also been know to dance in fields with my dog on walks to certain tunes, she has no judgement at all. She is my friend 

• Upvote 1

On 11/29/2019 at 12:53 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

A few of my top Clubbing moments ever....

2003 - Being 19 years old, still pretty new to serious clubbing and seeing Eddie Halliwell at the Republic in Sheffield. It blew me away. I'd never really experienced anything like it.

2005 - Space Ibiza - Erick Morillo. It was live on Radio one. 

Erick Morillo. He had issues, and by the sounds of it - he wasn't the nicest bloke on the planet, to put it mildly... but he helped give me one of the best times of my life. For that, I am thankful. Here is an hour of it

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Erick Morillo. He had issues, and by the sounds of it - he wasn't the nicest bloke on the planet, to put it mildly... but he helped give me one of the best times of my life. For that, I am thankful. Here is an hour of it

Ermmm... he turned himself in for sexual assault a few weeks ago... probably won't be commemorating him

I met Erick several times (my mate was his booking agent) including before his set in NYC Downlow last year.

He was always pleasant and welcoming, but there were stories that started to emerge which cast a shadow over him. I wasn’t the least bit surprised by the allegations made against him. 

A great DJ, but a very troubled soul, I had a lot of sympathy for him after his very public mental breakdowns, but the recent news is disgusting.

11 hours ago, zahidf said:

Ermmm... he turned himself in for sexual assault a few weeks ago... probably won't be commemorating him

I think the point was more about remembering a fun time had listening to his music, rather than commemorating the man. 
As much as we would condemn his alleged actions, we should be capable of separating the artist and the art. 
If the art is to one’s taste, why not still listen? Babies and bath water and all that. 

How many people still listen to MJ? 

Lots, because his music has merit. 

How many people still listen to Rolf Harris? 

Very few, as his music didn’t have such artistic merit. 

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, hope everyone is well? For those of you who enjoy podcasts, this lot have been getting me through the last six months. A great mix of guests from pioneers to party animals. I've tagged the Mark Archer episode (which is great, btw) but there are two seasons worth to get through, all around an hour long. As you can imagine, there are some wonderful stories to be told. Available on most podcast platforms

• Upvote 1

On 9/11/2020 at 7:34 PM, blutarsky said:

Bicep live stream starting in an hour 

https://www.residentadvisor.net/events/1421789

Did anyone watch this? Heard mixed reviews, the few clips I've heard of the new stuff sounded fantastic, and the visuals looked A+, but apparently there was more old than new? (Not sure how accurate that is?)

1 hour ago, Zacko said:

Did anyone watch this? Heard mixed reviews, the few clips I've heard of the new stuff sounded fantastic, and the visuals looked A+, but apparently there was more old than new? (Not sure how accurate that is?)

Didn’t look in, couldn’t spare £20 for it 😱 

On 9/14/2020 at 2:33 PM, Fishman said:

A couple of decent Essential Mixes have cropped up over the weekend. Kevin Saunderson with something new and (thread favourite) Haai from a couple of years back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000mdjp

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000mk95

Came in here to post about the Kevin Saunderson essential mix. Great stuff. Made me hanker for a big night out since I only squeezed in one since the start of the year. Hoping 2021 we'll all be able to hit the dance floor again .

On 9/14/2020 at 9:07 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Hey guys, hope everyone is well? For those of you who enjoy podcasts, this lot have been getting me through the last six months. A great mix of guests from pioneers to party animals. I've tagged the Mark Archer episode (which is great, btw) but there are two seasons worth to get through, all around an hour long. As you can imagine, there are some wonderful stories to be told. Available on most podcast platforms

Did I see you were doing some DJing on sat on twitch ? 

On 9/15/2020 at 3:36 PM, Zacko said:

I missed it but also thought the snippets looked good. I am a big fan.

That said, I am always intrigued to know what they are actually doing to warrant the label 'LIVE'. I've not seen those keyboards ever played. they seem to be twiddling knobs a little. So assuming they remix/ edit the tracks weeks before to give a different feel, different intros etc. So what are they actually doing live thats potentially different each time? Assuming they are using something like Ableton? This is not LIVE music. At best this can be called 'Hybrid'. It does annoy me a bit when the term 'LIVE' is used. Is this not just what Sasha used to do with with Maven/ Ableton sets, just with their own tracks?

I still think it's awesome but I wish there was a different collective term for it. 

Edited by danbailey80