Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 6/22/2020 at 7:50 PM, Ddiamondd said:

Is that what the Glade line-up was meant to be?

Autechre is a huge get if so! Hope they're back in it for 2021.

Given how that Glade poster says they were booked for a DJ set there this year, anyone else assuming they were also booked for a live show elsewhere on site... Autechre on IICON sounds the perfect fit...

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Well that sound end up breaking some ribs. Jesus that’s a big act for such a small arena.

Wasn't their talk of Orbital being booked there as well? If so that's two acts I really thought would command larger spots. 

I'd most likely have been there for both, mind. 

23 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Not just her, SASS so peach, shanti, moxie and saoirse. Which wouldve been incredible.

anyone else locked to the block 9 live stream?

Holy shit, the vibes on this would have been huge! Praying they're rolling that over to next year.

Been rinsing Moxie's Pickle Factory set over the past few months, it's just got the most perfect flow.

Edited by Zacko

Ffs Glastonbury, stop trying to make WOW! happen. It's not gonna happen. If that was Omar S' only appearance - gutted. But if he turned up in Block9/the BH replacement - oo er. & SASS was rammed last time round, thank god they were planning on putting them on a non-queuing stage!

On 6/26/2020 at 8:38 PM, OBface said:

Omar S 😫

Just popped on to see if any familiar faces were knocking around. Had the worst time getting tickets the last couple of years - hope to be back here soon!

Ey up, good to see you! Happy to help when the sales roll round 😊 

On 6/27/2020 at 2:01 AM, tpark said:

Helloooo, basically been keeping one eye on this thread, and the insanely good maribou state set from last year whilst having a few beers has brought me back to it. I'm one of those guys who loves rock etc but then gets into DnB cause my friends like it and now want to get into house/techno stuff. Have only managed to scrape in a Jasper James set this year but am a fan of Maribou State, Bicep, Dusky etc as well as older stuff like Chemical Brothers and Groove Armada but I'm only 21 so missed the hayday (but did see Faithless headline Boardmasters when I was 16 and god that was unreal).  I think I'm into more stuff going on than minimal but any reccomendations on who to explore would be greatly recieved, big ups.

Welcome to the best thread on the 'board, @tpark

It might help if you clarify a little what you're after...

Are you looking for recs of mixes? DJs? Tracks?

Are you looking for a route in to get into house and or techno (there's a massive spectrum of music from one side of house to the other side of techno...!)?

Let us know a little more clearly and I am sure that many of the faithful in here will be more than happy to help you out.

Also - do you have a ticket for 2021? If you do, then this place is the best place on the internet in the 2-3 weeks before the festival once the full line-up has dropped. By then there will be masses of info flying around of what people are looking to go and see, including plans for mini-meet ups at some sets etc.

Let us know, and welcome, once again!

Ben
🙂

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

That mix from The Bells into Sandstorm is filth. Route one stuff on paper but takes brass balls to pull it off.

Gonna give this a listen tomorrow for sure. Always imagine DJing in the Spider must be the most bizarre (and incredible) experience, especially with the 360 degree crowd.

On 6/27/2020 at 2:01 AM, tpark said:

Helloooo, basically been keeping one eye on this thread, and the insanely good maribou state set from last year whilst having a few beers has brought me back to it. I'm one of those guys who loves rock etc but then gets into DnB cause my friends like it and now want to get into house/techno stuff. Have only managed to scrape in a Jasper James set this year but am a fan of Maribou State, Bicep, Dusky etc as well as older stuff like Chemical Brothers and Groove Armada but I'm only 21 so missed the hayday (but did see Faithless headline Boardmasters when I was 16 and god that was unreal).  I think I'm into more stuff going on than minimal but any reccomendations on who to explore would be greatly recieved, big ups.

Hey @tpark! If you want a broad intro to house/techno you could try listening to some shows on NTS (Moxie's is always great) and Noods radio. They get all sorts of djs and artists to play shows and often they'll have tracklists so if you hear something you like you can find the name of the track and go from there. They tag each show by genre so just pick out ones tagged house/techno/breaks/electro etc. depending on what vibe you're after.

Off the top of my head, if you like Maribou State and Bicep, maybe give Daphni (or Caribou) and Four Tet a go? Maybe check out the stuff Four Tet released as KH too. 

Edited by Sundance
  • Upvote 1

On 7/2/2020 at 8:02 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Welcome to the best thread on the 'board, @tpark

It might help if you clarify a little what you're after...

Are you looking for recs of mixes? DJs? Tracks?

Are you looking for a route in to get into house and or techno (there's a massive spectrum of music from one side of house to the other side of techno...!)?

Let us know a little more clearly and I am sure that many of the faithful in here will be more than happy to help you out.

Also - do you have a ticket for 2021? If you do, then this place is the best place on the internet in the 2-3 weeks before the festival once the full line-up has dropped. By then there will be masses of info flying around of what people are looking to go and see, including plans for mini-meet ups at some sets etc.

Let us know, and welcome, once again!

Ben
🙂

Hey, probably tracks/albums is what I'm after, probably into the more funky side than minimal, so probably house rather than techno, I did try for 2021 tickets but was not successful, I did get a volunteering space with oxfam (as I did last year) but they aren't carried over to next year so am stuck hoping

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 10:44 AM, Sundance said:

Hey @tpark! If you want a broad intro to house/techno you could try listening to some shows on NTS (Moxie's is always great) and Noods radio. They get all sorts of djs and artists to play shows and often they'll have tracklists so if you hear something you like you can find the name of the track and go from there. They tag each show by genre so just pick out ones tagged house/techno/breaks/electro etc. depending on what vibe you're after.

Off the top of my head, if you like Maribou State and Bicep, maybe give Daphni (or Caribou) and Four Tet a go? Maybe check out the stuff Four Tet released as KH too. 

Excellent thank you, will definitely look into that tonight 

14 hours ago, tpark said:

Hey, probably tracks/albums is what I'm after, probably into the more funky side than minimal, so probably house rather than techno, I did try for 2021 tickets but was not successful, I did get a volunteering space with oxfam (as I did last year) but they aren't carried over to next year so am stuck hoping

A real shame the ocean volunteering isn’t carried over,  not even a priority list for those who got in this year? 
if you’re looking for stuff more in the funky side I highly recommend anything by Franc Moody, Sunday Shoutin’ by Johnny Corporate is a great house track as well 

Ross From Friends ‘You’ll understand’ EP might also be your persuasion 

Pional as well if you like the bicep/Maribou state stuff

Hope some of these help! 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

It will surprise you not one tiny bit to hear that I could go all night to that, Fuzz...

Pushes. All. My. Buttons.

🙌🏼

Ben

Ha ha. Not shocked at all! Glad you approve.

My mate is running a live podcast in a fortnight... I am playing this kind if thing.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Upvote 1

Listened to Moxie's weekly NTS show yesterday (always great), and got very very excited about the potential SASS b2b extravaganza next year. Was the rumour they were closing Genosys? 

On an unrelated note, I was just chatting to a workpal about Faithless earlier and then remembered this set. Was anyone else there? I felt like it was the moment I "got" electronic music. Huge.