Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

If you told me Lady Gaga would make a electro techno breakbeat song with Elton John I would have thought you had taken too much acid

unsure if it was mentioned on here before (i've been away for a while) but she had a playlist with a load of dance tracks - Mella Dee, cassius, Skream , Mall Grab, can't remember the rest but it was all pretty decent, non-gaga stuff. nice to see the influences coming through 

6 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

If we’re on about chilled-out Sasha mixes, this from a few years ago is very good:

Yes! This has some great moments. I would also add his resident advisor mix and 019 LNON podcast to his more leftfield/ chilled catalogue. Sublime stuff. His recent live chilled breaks set from his garden in Ibiza is top. Heres the RA studio set:
https://soundcloud.com/sashaofficial/resident-advisor-mix-491-sasha

Edited by danbailey80

On 5/29/2020 at 4:53 PM, Ddiamondd said:

Brand new Joy O UKG mix is really doing it for me. The man never misses!

I really enjoyed that Joy O mix

I've had this on a few times now and it's growing on me. Some interesting, if not confusing turns, but I like the approach 

Listen to Laila Sakini - Noods Radio - Sat 18, 2020 by Laila Sakini on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/laila-sakini/laila-sakini-noods-radio-sat-18-2020

(sorry I dunno how to do embedded soundcloud links)

Edited by rock the clock

Anyone else been watching Carl Cox’s vinyl sessions on sundays? I’ve really been enjoying them, he’s about to kick off again in a few minutes. A Saturday or Sunday afternoon vinyl set from him on the glade would be special. I’m thoroughly depressed I won’t be raving in the fields in a few weeks time. I really feel like I need it this year. 

On 5/31/2020 at 3:58 PM, Madyaker said:

Anyone else been watching Carl Cox’s vinyl sessions on sundays? I’ve really been enjoying them, he’s about to kick off again in a few minutes. A Saturday or Sunday afternoon vinyl set from him on the glade would be special. I’m thoroughly depressed I won’t be raving in the fields in a few weeks time. I really feel like I need it this year. 

I think we all do, @Madyaker

The worst day was when The Glastonbury Thingy (a Glastonbury campmate) tweeted last week that 'on this day in 2019 the full Glastonbury line up with stage splits and times was released'.

It makes a case for my very favourite day of the year, when finally I get to scour every single stage for every single hour slot from Wednesday evening to 0500h on Monday morning and slowly, gradually, meticulously build my five days at the best place on the planet. The initial poster drop is a minor distraction for me...the full line-up drop is the only time I get to plan four consecutive nights of raving.

Ugh

We will meet again, team

Ben
x

• Upvote 3

On 6/4/2020 at 5:04 PM, Ddiamondd said:

Ah mate big up, really glad people are picking up on it off the back of that!

For anyone that's interested, here is said praise: https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/india-jordan-for-you/

And here is a banger off the EP:

This, and the album, is great - top tip @Ddiamondd, cheers

On 5/31/2020 at 3:58 PM, Madyaker said:

Yeah. I have loved them.

Hoping he does a tribal harder techno one. Like he used to play in the mid 2000s.

4 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

bzzzt....incoming......Receiving News:

Glastonbury weekend will not go without some custom Electronica/Dance action. A little slice of the South East Corner will be delivered to the faithful flock.

👀 Stay tuned 👀

Do tell... 

1 minute ago, blutarsky said:

Is it the Lost Horizons VR stuff? 

that's what I'm talking about, and presumed that's what @Ddiamondd was talking about.

It's announced sometime today. It's not Glasto weekend.

On 6/4/2020 at 5:04 PM, Ddiamondd said:

Ah mate big up, really glad people are picking up on it off the back of that!

For anyone that's interested, here is said praise: https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/india-jordan-for-you/

And here is a banger off the EP:

Picked this up on the last Bandcamp day. The whole album does, in fact, fucking slap.

On 6/11/2020 at 1:58 PM, Time Being said:

The Zenker Bros set from last years festival has been shared. Also Felix Dickinson's

https://thenycdownlow.com/

Felix Dickinson has closed genesis a few times over the lst few years hasn't he? Its always the time you're considering heading to bed but then his sets on genosys are just so good you have to stay. There's something special about genesis at that hour of the morning.

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

Felix Dickinson has closed genesis a few times over the lst few years hasn't he? Its always the time you're considering heading to bed but then his sets on genosys are just so good you have to stay. There's something special about genesis at that hour of the morning.

He's always good. Its a struggle but knowing its coming to the end until another year just gives you a bit more energy to carry on.

Ben and Job in the temple in 2016 playing I want your soul is a highlight of any gig I've been to. I was so tired after the slog of that year but their whole set was such an amazing end to the festival and that track always sticks out in my mind.

Hi all. Just checking in. Hope you’re all ok. I didn’t get 2020 tickets. But will try for the postponed resale for next year’s. 

Getting through lockdown with working from home and listening to Pure Dance Live. A mate is a dj on there. Would mean a lot if you checked it out (it’s free and super nice crowd). Real mixture of styles. My mate is Dj Carlos. Paul Mac currently smashing it. 😊

anyway stay safe. 

https://www.puredancelive.com/index.php

• Like 1