Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 5/23/2020 at 11:10 AM, zero000 said:

Absolute belter. 

Anyone got any good suggestions for ambient mixes? I'm trying to write my thesis and not go insane with boredom.

Not mixes but...

I was enjoying The Orb's Live 93 album the other day while working, that and their first 2 albums would sort you out.

Global Communication - 76:14

Orbital - Snivilisation

FSOL - Lifeforms

Sasha & Digweed - Northern Exposure CD1

(apologies for the old skool suggestion)

Michael Mayer's Immer isn't quite ambient but it is awesome, just play it with the volume down a bit.

Edited by Johnnyseven
  • Upvote 1

On 5/23/2020 at 11:10 AM, zero000 said:

Absolute belter. 

Anyone got any good suggestions for ambient mixes? I'm trying to write my thesis and not go insane with boredom.

I struggle to be productive with music on but I work pretty well to this

Listen to Music Interiors by Visible Cloaks on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/visiblecloaks/music-interiors

19 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

This 2010 mix from Spencer (pre-being called Visible Cloaks) also beautiful for ambient/study moments, kicked the whole Japanese reissue trend off to boot:

Wonderful! I will have this on later. Also just seen he's done a mix of various Italian minimalist pieces... more to dig

On 5/24/2020 at 6:05 PM, Johnnyseven said:

Not mixes but...

I was enjoying The Orb's Live 93 album the other day while working, that and their first 2 albums would sort you out.

Global Communication - 76:14

Orbital - Snivilisation

FSOL - Lifeforms

Sasha & Digweed - Northern Exposure CD1

(apologies for the old skool suggestion)

Michael Mayer's Immer isn't quite ambient but it is awesome, just play it with the volume down a bit.

Sasha & Digweed - Northern Exposure CD1 is a masterclass in melodic chilled breaks. 

On 5/24/2020 at 6:15 PM, rock the clock said:

On 5/24/2020 at 6:15 PM, rock the clock said:

Thanks both!

On 5/25/2020 at 6:06 PM, danbailey80 said:

Sasha & Digweed - Northern Exposure CD1 is a masterclass in melodic chilled breaks. 

Yep. It's expensive to buy a copy but is on Soundcloud, some nice person has even enabled it for download in 320 mp3 too from anyone who wants it.

3 hours ago, rock the clock said:

Winters are for Northern Exposure 

Summers are for this 

Listen to 004 - Sasha - Global Underground 009 - San Francisco - Disc 1 (1998) by The Classic Mix CD Series on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/theclassicmixcdseries/sasha-global-underground-san-francisco-disc-1

Surely summers are for CD 1 Ibiza..? 
https://soundcloud.com/kona045/sasha-global-underground-013

4 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Surely summers are for CD 1 Ibiza..? 
https://soundcloud.com/kona045/sasha-global-underground-013

Haha, straight after I posted I was wondering if someone would come back with that. 

He really has such an A+ catalog of mixes. I think all of those mentioned recently on here are great examples of a DJ creating a tangible environment with their flow. Northern exposure genuinely feels like a long journey across the Arctic, it's astonishing 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

Yep. It's expensive to buy a copy but is on Soundcloud, some nice person has even enabled it for download in 320 mp3 too from anyone who wants it.

Someone’s tried putting it together on Spotify 

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3vG6H3zxlJrfx2nD9560z7?si=dwHEL7tESXiT7sN4pjMQ7Q

7 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Is it mixed?

No, just standard Spotify cross fade. It’s fine for having on while working but if you’re after a quality listen then don’t bother. 

This has made me think of a Podcast I listened to recently with Ewen Macintosh, Keith from The Office, where he talked about DJing at weddings as a side line from acting. This is a Verbatim quote: “When I was DJing with CDs it was a nightmare because I couldn’t do many requests but now with Spotify, and I’ve got a premium account, you can play literally anything. It even mixes it for you.”

It sounded like Office style cringe satire but there was nothing else in the interview to suggest that. 

Printworks postponed dates:

1590506458.png

£10 bar tab if you keep the ticket. Seeing as though I only paid £15 for Hybrid Minds, that's pretty solid.

Just annoying that Kings of the Rollers (Royal Rumble) clashes with Foals for me. Could always do the beginning of the event at Printworks and leave at like 6.30, I guess.

1 hour ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Printworks postponed dates:

1590506458.png

£10 bar tab if you keep the ticket. Seeing as though I only paid £15 for Hybrid Minds, that's pretty solid.

Just annoying that Kings of the Rollers (Royal Rumble) clashes with Foals for me. Could always do the beginning of the event at Printworks and leave at like 6.30, I guess.

Are we thinking that most large clubs (Printworks, WHP, Motion etc) will go straight to 2021 dates like this? Or do we think there's a chance we might have some stuff in Oct/Nov/Dec? 

14 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Are we thinking that most large clubs (Printworks, WHP, Motion etc) will go straight to 2021 dates like this? Or do we think there's a chance we might have some stuff in Oct/Nov/Dec? 

I have a friend who has mentioned that their label's event at Printworks in December isn't going ahead; he said that there's no events at Printworks at the end of the year as far as he is aware.

12 hours ago, rock the clock said:

Haha, straight after I posted I was wondering if someone would come back with that. 

He really has such an A+ catalog of mixes. I think all of those mentioned recently on here are great examples of a DJ creating a tangible environment with their flow. Northern exposure genuinely feels like a long journey across the Arctic, it's astonishing 

I've been listening to a lot of the old Global Underground, Renaissance and Northern Exposure mixes while in lockdown, it's great working from home music.

• Upvote 1

Sean Johnston is doing another live mix tomorrow night on Twitch. The last one a few weeks ago was excellent. Feels strange and bittersweet seeing him do his thing without the Guv'nor, although I'm sure he would approve!

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

If you told me Lady Gaga would make a electro techno breakbeat song with Elton John I would have thought you had taken too much acid

Was such a surprise to hear that the Elton featuring song was actually a dance banger instead of a ballad - always enjoy guest features taking them out of their element. Think it really works here, in a hilarious over the top way.

Edited by FloorFiller

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Was such a surprise to hear that the Elton featuring song was actually a dance banger instead of a ballad - always enjoy guest features taking them out of their element. Think it really works here, in a hilarious over the top way.

I know! The end is so nuts.