Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

16 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Ello there

Well, I really shouldn't blow too much in case said artists roll over to next year. They never even got to announce plans! And all the concerns about crowd flow and sound levels had really been taken to heart. We'll see that come to fruition in 2021 thankfully. 

But if you throw names, I could maybe say yay or nay from what I can remember...

How good is/was Shanti Celeste going to be closing out the whole show on IICON 😪😪

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Hadn't heard that, but it might have been a replacement for a major Saturday night techno act on IICON who was struggling to get over the line.

Could have been on Genosys mind. She would have torn it up

Well thank you very much, @Ddiamondd 😡

I now have the singularly unshakeable, and utterly rapturous, image of Helena H playing Genosys 0200-0400h with me in a state of transcendental bliss. And nothing I can do about it!!

Ben

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

There was a female DJ even more exciting than that in for 1am Sunday, in a bloke sandwich – overall, one of the best runs I could want right now. A triptych that would have torn the place apart.

Was this a certain Doctor? 

On 4/29/2020 at 11:37 AM, Ddiamondd said:

Hadn't heard that, but it might have been a replacement for a major Saturday night techno act on IICON who was struggling to get over the line.

Could have been on Genosys mind. She would have torn it up

Were Bicep anywhere..? They were pretty much confirmed but thought they'd be on the park but not on playlist. What's "the concerns about crowd flow and sound levels" What's this about? Cheers for your info it's always appreciated. 

I'd always hoped someone like Sasha and/ OR Digweed could have made the respectable big name step up to IICON. 

Edited by danbailey80

I'm just not a streamer of sets. For me, it's all about the whole package of being there, on the floor, with good people, shared experience.

However, for those that way inclined - which in non-COVID time I would be, obviously! - Charlotte de Witte and Enrico Sangiuliano are streaming live B2B at 6pm BST on Thursday (7 May).

I should link it, but I haven't got one here when I suddenly thought to post!

Those who want to will find it! Links are on Enrico's Twitter and no doubt plenty elsewhere.

Oh to be able to dance to those two in the real world again. Soon, team, soon...

Take care and stay safe

Ben
xx 

Edit - felt lazy:

Charlotte B2B Enrico

• 2 weeks later...

Very impressive compilation from Syrphe (all their comps are fascinating)

"It includes 32 artists and bands from 24 African countries and the diaspora... including abstract but also beat-oriented music such as ambient, electronica, electroacoustic, noise, singeli, bass music, industrial hip hop, etc."

https://syrphe.bandcamp.com/album/alternate-african-reality-electronic-electroacoustic-and-experimental-music-from-africa-and-the-diaspora

• Like 1

19 hours ago, gherring8 said:

64E5535A-A827-42AD-B0C1-6F13C1835251.jpeg

Yeah, saw that @gherring8

I'd have had a lot of fun at that if it had been 'real'.

Been wanting to see Anna, Lucy and Truncate for ages.

A few years ago 'Lucy' was announced for Silver Hayes. I clicked the link and was taken to his RA page. Explored some stuff, and he became an absolute must-see at the festival for me. I contacted him to say how excited I was about him playing.

Very politely, he advised me that there must be some mix-up (despite the hyperlink to his RA page...), as he was not playing Glastonbury, much as he'd like to.

The actual Lucy, who has played every festival since, is...erm...not my kind of thing.

Amongst my mates and me she has since been (and I suspect forever will be) known as 'WrongLucy' 😩

Ben

On 5/21/2020 at 4:20 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Yeah, saw that @gherring8

I'd have had a lot of fun at that if it had been 'real'.

Been wanting to see Anna, Lucy and Truncate for ages.

A few years ago 'Lucy' was announced for Silver Hayes. I clicked the link and was taken to his RA page. Explored some stuff, and he became an absolute must-see at the festival for me. I contacted him to say how excited I was about him playing.

Very politely, he advised me that there must be some mix-up (despite the hyperlink to his RA page...), as he was not playing Glastonbury, much as he'd like to.

The actual Lucy, who has played every festival since, is...erm...not my kind of thing.

Amongst my mates and me she has since been (and I suspect forever will be) known as 'WrongLucy' 😩

Ben

Love Anna - have you heard her remix of Singularity? (Why am I asking this, when I know you almost certainly have?)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ravermum said:

Love Anna - have you heard her remix of Singularity? (Why am I asking this, when I know you almost certainly have?)

Absolute belter. 

Anyone got any good suggestions for ambient mixes? I'm trying to write my thesis and not go insane with boredom.