Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

I dont like his new tune on first listen but I will listen to it a few more times.

As shite as lockdown is I have to say I'm really enjoying the amount of DJs who are live streaming mixes directly to my sound system. Digweeds sets on saturday night have a become the highlight of my week to be honest! He plays for around 5 or 6 hours each night. Also caught some gems from Calvin Harris (surprisingly enough) and also Pete Tong who I've never really listened to before. Anyone else seen any good sets?

Good morning dance thread. 

During the lockdown I've decided to purchase Ableton 10 with the intention of trying to produce some techno, my favourite genre of dance music. It's all incredibly complex so I've taken a crash online course of how to use the software. With that in mind and having had no prior experience of making any kind of music before, below is my first effort, it's an acid enthused little number. I know @bennyhanah22 and a few other of you are into this kind of stuff so please give it a listen. Your thoughts, comments, abuse would be greatly appreciated. Thanks🙂.

https://soundcloud.com/evo88888888/naoh

7 hours ago, Northern Soul said:

Good morning dance thread. 

During the lockdown I've decided to purchase Ableton 10 with the intention of trying to produce some techno, my favourite genre of dance music. It's all incredibly complex so I've taken a crash online course of how to use the software. With that in mind and having had no prior experience of making any kind of music before, below is my first effort, it's an acid enthused little number. I know @bennyhanah22 and a few other of you are into this kind of stuff so please give it a listen. Your thoughts, comments, abuse would be greatly appreciated. Thanks🙂.

https://soundcloud.com/evo88888888/naoh

I liked it, particularly the underlying acidy instrumentation. Couldn't get on with the loud cymbal sound though, it gets in the way of the better bits of the tune. It also sounds out of time in places, particularly the beginning.

18 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

I liked it, particularly the underlying acidy instrumentation. Couldn't get on with the loud cymbal sound though, it gets in the way of the better bits of the tune. It also sounds out of time in places, particularly the beginning.

Thanks for the feedback man, I appreciate it. I’m still very green with all this stuff so hope to improve things moving forwards👍🏻

1 hour ago, Winslow Leach said:

Think I'm going to spend all the money I've saved on commuting on decks instead...

Anyone got recommendations for something solid, reliable, suitable for beginners and compatible with a Mac?

All depends on your budget & what you want to get from it really.

My mate just got a xdj xz.... but that is £2000. Lovely kit mind you.

I still have 1210s &  CDJ 800s. A bit primitive now!

Good morning dance thread, I've knocked up another tune after a beer or 2 (Six or seven really) anyway, here it is Listen to STMF by NaOH on #SoundCloud

I realise techno is quite subjective and isn't to everybody's taste but your feedback would be appreciated. I've used a new technique I've learned where you convert an audio file into a MIDI file so you can use different effects on it while retaining the original sound, anyway, I'll stop chatting technical shit now. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Stay safe dance crew👍🏻.

On 4/25/2020 at 5:57 PM, Mouseboy11 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000hhrn

New Essential Mix from Jamie XX, think that's a new track at the start?

Came here to share this, very interesting mix by Jamie, I loved and hated it at different points. 

I also checked out Seb Wildbloods EM and was impressed. Very broad range of selections by him, though less clashing of sounds compared to Jamie. 

13 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Ello there

Well, I really shouldn't blow too much in case said artists roll over to next year. They never even got to announce plans! And all the concerns about crowd flow and sound levels had really been taken to heart. We'll see that come to fruition in 2021 thankfully. 

But if you throw names, I could maybe say yay or nay from what I can remember...

Is the rumour I heard that they secured Helena Hauff true or false? Last I heard was that they were trying to make it work amongst her other dates.

Edited by Matt42