Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

7 hours ago, Sasperella said:

This has inspired me to go and buy the ingredients for a margarita so I have them at my disposal in future :)

I've been thinking quite a bit today about how 22 year old me would have dealt with this. The raving and house parties were a lot more frequent in those days, so I'm sure the transition to being house-bound would have been a lot harder. 

I live on my own, I am still going to work. If we do go on full lockdown - I am not sure what I be doing tbh

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

10 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I live on my own, I am still going to work. If we do go on full lockdown - I am not sure what I be doing tbh

Hey Fuzz. Yeh, I live on my own too....I go through phases of thinking I'll be fine and then other phases where it all just feels quite bleak. I had a Skype yesterday with a few friends and at the end I felt really sad. Somehow the call had just reinforced that they all live with partners and/or kids and I'm just in my flat by myself. I am lucky though, as I can work from home - I know lots of people aren't that fortunate. Do you mind me asking what you do?

Edited by Sasperella

33 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Hey Fuzz. Yeh, I live on my own too....I go through phases of thinking I'll be fine and then other phases where it all just feels quite bleak. I had a Skype yesterday with a few friends and at the end I felt really sad. Somehow the call had just reinforced that they all live with patterns and/or kids and I'm just in my flat by myself. I am lucky though, as I can work from home - I know lots of people aren't that fortunate. Do you mind me asking what you do?

I know the feeling. The plus side though is that if you are on lockdown with nobody else, there is no-one there to annoy you. You wont end up wanting to rip someone's head off.

I am a call centre team manager... it's as exciting as it sounds. In some ways it's not too bad at the minute, as I have money coming in. It's for a mutual insurance company.. so we are very busy. I can get my wage this month. Some are not so fortunate.

Most of my friends are either self imployed or work in creative jobs. They are facing the prospects of little / no cash coming in. A few mates work for the NHS, so they are bracing themselves.

What do you do?

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

42 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I know the feeling. The plus side though is that if you are on lockdown with nobody else, there is no-one there to annoy you. You wont end up wanting to rip someone's head off.

I am a call centre team manager... it's as exciting as it sounds. In some ways it's not too bad at the minute, as I have money coming in. It's for a mutual insurance company.. so we are very busy. I can get my wage this month. Some are not so fortunate.

Most of my friends are either self imployed or work in creative jobs. They are facing the prospects of little / no cash coming in. A few mates work for the NHS, so they are bracing themselves.

What do you do?

Yeh, I've definitely had some exes and housemates who I would have hated being stuck inside with for a few months! And lots of my friends are finding pretty novel ways to hang out virtually, so mostly this week hasn't been too bad.

I work in social research for the Government (so I'm a Civil Servant, but that sounds more boring than it actually is), so I'm pretty lucky. I guess there's a chance we might be moved around to different roles due to Covid, but I'm ok with that. About a year ago I almost took a 15 month research job at Reading Uni. Really glad I didn't do that. I'd be having to look for the next job about now, which would have been pretty stressful. 

Edited by Sasperella

Lots of love to the solo-habiting E/D threaders.

At least you don't have the issue of constantly trying to explain to your 18-22 year old progeny about how fucking serious this is and that they need to STOP GOING TO SEE OTHER FUCKING PEOPLE!!!

Use this thread to let us know if you're finding things hard ❤️

Ben
xx

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Lots of love to the solo-habiting E/D threaders.

At least you don't have the issue of constantly trying to explain to your 18-22 year old progeny about how fucking serious this is and that they need to STOP GOING TO SEE OTHER FUCKING PEOPLE!!!

Use this thread to let us know if you're finding things hard ❤️

Ben
xx

Same problem with the teenagers here. We were all that invincible once!

Look after yourselves one and all - keep those mixes coming to keep us sane.

Stay safe Benny & keep up the good work.

Love to all.

x

• Like 1

My mate is throwing a virtual house party on Friday that i'm djing at... Sounds like a really top idea to keep spirits up and foster some social interaction. I'll let you guys know how it goes, and try to find out the technical details of how he does it if anyone is interested in doing the same.

On 3/22/2020 at 11:08 AM, Sasperella said:

Yeh, I've definitely had some exes and housemates who I would have hated being stuck inside with for a few months! And lots of my friends are finding pretty novel ways to hang out virtually, so mostly this week hasn't been too bad.

I work in social research for the Government (so I'm a Civil Servant, but that sounds more boring than it actually is), so I'm pretty lucky. I guess there's a chance we might be moved around to different roles due to Covid, but I'm ok with that. About a year ago I almost took a 15 month research job at Reading Uni. Really glad I didn't do that. I'd be having to look for the next job about now, which would have been pretty stressful. 

That has worked out ok in the end then. I wouldnt want to be looking for a job at the minute. 

Just found out we class as "Key Workers".... so lockdown wouldn't apply to me 

• Like 1

On 3/23/2020 at 10:06 AM, GrumpyRaver said:

My mate is throwing a virtual house party on Friday that i'm djing at... Sounds like a really top idea to keep spirits up and foster some social interaction. I'll let you guys know how it goes, and try to find out the technical details of how he does it if anyone is interested in doing the same.

I've bought the necessary cables and a tripod, so gonna be livestreaming some mixes on Instagram too - actually quite excited! 

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

@bennyhana22 - I played that last tune in Manchester a few weeks ago. It got a good response. I thought you might like it. Decent warm up fodder for me

I'm so easy. You know me too damned well, Fuzz.

Are you signed up for Boomtown?

I grabbed a ticket as soon as the Glastonbury cancellation was official.

We have a decent outside chance of it going ahead. Outside, mind...

Ben

I am not Ben. I was a 1 festival man this year & with everything going on in the world, I need to be sensible. I can't really risk spending the money.

Tbh, I think Boomtown will be lucky to be on. I hope for everyone involved that it is.

I wonder how many international acts will be willing  to / allowed to travel.

I would normally ask you if you had any other nights planned.... but....!!

23 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I am not Ben. I was a 1 festival man this year & with everything going on in the world, I need to be sensible. I can't really risk spending the money.

Tbh, I think Boomtown will be lucky to be on. I hope for everyone involved that it is.

I wonder how many international acts will be willing  to / allowed to travel.

I would normally ask you if you had any other nights planned.... but....!!

Gah!

As I had mentioned before, was due to go to the Daniel Avery-curated White Hotel on 10 April. Gutted about that. A live A/V by Alessandro Cortini? Before a full night's Avery-led rave??? Oooft.

Will have to make do with the release of their collaborative album on Friday.

Don't worry, team, we'll get through this...

Ben

So Electronica/dance crew. As I am working from home this is allowing me to do running again more. So starting off and trying to build up distance.

Got me thinking when out today with some icarus and underworld going on what I would do is choose a dance genre for maybe 2 weeks then change and so on. 

First up is breakbeat.  Not something I know a lot  of. So can anyone suggest some artists I should be getting?

Cheers

15 hours ago, fred quimby said:

So Electronica/dance crew. As I am working from home this is allowing me to do running again more. So starting off and trying to build up distance.

Got me thinking when out today with some icarus and underworld going on what I would do is choose a dance genre for maybe 2 weeks then change and so on. 

First up is breakbeat.  Not something I know a lot  of. So can anyone suggest some artists I should be getting?

Cheers

I don't know a lot of breakbeat, but I used to listen to Refracture a bit. I had a few of his mixes on my ipod, I think this was one I quite liked - some of his own tracks and remixes in here

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 1:00 PM, evannn said:

I don't know a lot of breakbeat, but I used to listen to Refracture a bit. I had a few of his mixes on my ipod, I think this was one I quite liked - some of his own tracks and remixes in here

Nice one. Will check this out this weekend

• 2 weeks later...