Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 3/13/2020 at 11:31 AM, Winslow Leach said:

Orbital in Sonic is certainly a curve ball. Anyone check out Sonic last year and want to report back on the sound? 

Never been Glasto before so I can't report any previous experience , but I finally saw Orbital at Printworks last weekend and they were unbelievable. Their iconic songs in that venue was just perfection. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9wckypAGSM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

2 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

(I'd be keen to hear about anyone else who went out in the past week tbh, be it Soup Kitchen or Printworks or wherever. I loved some of the doofs at Bang Face but overall felt very odd about it!)

Went to Jon Hopkins at Bridgewater Hall on Friday, and Secret Garden Rave at Gorilla on Saturday - both seemed pretty full. The atmosphere at Jon Hopkins was truly apocalyptic, genuinely felt like the end of the world with everyone dancing like zombies in a beautiful concert hall.

Secret Garden Rave was pretty standard, everyone seemed to be having a good time and the venue was beautiful.  I don't know if they opened the second room as planned, but the main room was packed at points.  Lots of dancing, lots of smiles and happiness.  It was like nothing was any different.

Some guy told me I look like Fatboy Slim and wanted to shake my hand, but other than that, business as usual there. (Ignore my profile pic, I look much different now so he probably had a point)

Edited by Vidsidasta

So, it seems that's that.

Bollocks. But we've all known for sometime, eh team?

2021 will be epic.

In the meantime, I've pulled the trigger on Boomtown. so anyone wanting an E/D rave up to some quality psytrance, come and join me (assuming the little viral fucker has buggered off by then*).

Ben

*not in anyway a given, obviously

• Upvote 1

Living in hope that late summer clears up and I'll throw my lot into Boomtown as well. 

As much as its gutting and we're all so disappointed, I find it quite difficult to get too despondent given the state of the world right now, as this was inevitable and there is people facing much more testing perils than a music festival being cancelled. 

This is my last summer of freedom before I start my first big boy job in September, so if it all falls into place an August knees up will be a great way to bow out. 

Stay safe and healthy folks

3 hours ago, zero000 said:

For any of you working from home, or self isolating there's a perfect 7 hour Laurent Garnier set he's posted to pass the time :) :) 

Thanks for sharing this. Big love to the people posting in this glorious thread. May we dance upon the fields of Worthy Farm, well and healthy, in 2021!

I posted this in the Online Live Gigs thread, but definitely more pertinent here. Nowadays, probably my favorite club here in NYC is streaming some sort of programming every night. Classes and things during the weeknights - the other night was how to properly set up a turntable and cartridge, tonight it's ambient music - and then full on DJ sets during the weekends trying to stick to their normal programming.

https://nowadays.nyc/

On 3/17/2020 at 10:52 AM, Ddiamondd said:

(I'd be keen to hear about anyone else who went out in the past week tbh, be it Soup Kitchen or Printworks or wherever. I loved some of the doofs at Bang Face but overall felt very odd about it!)

Was at Printworks, and was a pretty weird experience too... felt very far from full, and people were a bit more stand-off-ish, cold and insular than I’d usually expect. Was definitely a strange atmosphere, but one that I feel weirdly privileged to have experienced.  Orbital were off the chart, and have definitely made the upcoming purgatory a lot more bearable... at least for the first couple of months.  Joy Orbison on the other hand... *massive eye roll*

Edited by GrumpyRaver

On 3/17/2020 at 11:18 AM, SoundsofSmith said:

Never been Glasto before so I can't report any previous experience , but I finally saw Orbital at Printworks last weekend and they were unbelievable. Their iconic songs in that venue was just perfection. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9wckypAGSM/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Too fucking right... they played EVERYTHING you’d want them too, and it was like they were made to be heard specifically in Printworks!

37 minutes ago, ravermum said:

This is on now - Victor Ruiz playing currently - I’m gonna make a margarita and get on it. Anyone else joining?

Gah. Missed Victor. Love Victor.

Bart Skils on now. Got bits and bobs to do at home, but nice to have this on to listen to as I go past the computer!

:)

Ben

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ravermum said:

This is on now - Victor Ruiz playing currently - I’m gonna make a margarita and get on it. Anyone else joining?

This has inspired me to go and buy the ingredients for a margarita so I have them at my disposal in future :)

I've been thinking quite a bit today about how 22 year old me would have dealt with this. The raving and house parties were a lot more frequent in those days, so I'm sure the transition to being house-bound would have been a lot harder. 

• Like 1