Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

@Brave Sir Robin the great thing about this thread is that there'll be loads of really good pointers from some passionate and knowledgeable people. Please drop by more often. Drama-free thread since 31/10/14.

Yep, is a fantastic thread, I drop in once every now and then for recommendations/just to see whose being discussed. 

I got 3-4 recommendations in here last year by just saying similar acts that I liked and ended up discovering loads of new things and exploring more of the late night areas with an actual mind of who I wanted to see. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chazwwe said:

Yep, is a fantastic thread, I drop in once every now and then for recommendations/just to see whose being discussed. 

I got 3-4 recommendations in here last year by just saying similar acts that I liked and ended up discovering loads of new things and exploring more of the late night areas with an actual mind of who I wanted to see. 

I've loved electronic music since 1991 and I pick up new stuff from here almost every day. It's great.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I've loved electronic music since 1991 and I pick up new stuff from here almost every day. It's great.

Couldn't agree more.  In my circle of friends, i'm the knowledgeable one, but I learn so much here!  It's a fountain of knowledge, and the atmosphere is always top!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Only normally a lurker in this thread so I post this with slight trepidation, but I'm loving this track at the moment:

Who/where can I find more of this type of thing?

Well, look who's here....!!!

Welcome to eFests' Nicest ThreadTM, BSR!

Come in anytime.

Ben
x

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Welcome BSR! Good to see you in here.

Hmmm, all people and electronic genres welcome!

Maybe try the likes of Krafty Kuts, Freq Nasty, Prospa or even Minor Science himself. Here's a Boiler Room set you might like

Saw Georgia at Thekla last night and Prospa were randomly supporting. Was a nice surprise! 

33 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Any Job Jobse fans in here? Only started listening to his sets yesterday and I’m hooked, absolutely banging.

Hope he’s on the farmz

Proper daft feel good stuff in the BH last year, including Let Me Be Your Fantasy and some Eurythmics. Be very welcomed back.

12 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Any Job Jobse fans in here? Only started listening to his sets yesterday and I’m hooked, absolutely banging.

Hope he’s on the farmz

If you're enjoying Jobse try a bit of Call Super as well. Another excellent selector

Edited by Greased-Up Deaf Guy

14 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Just read a post on DiS suggesting Orbital are playing in Silver Hayes.

Did I miss a memo?

Ben

yeah its been discussed elsewhere on efests. Someone got them confirmed at inner city electronic in leeds last weekend by speaking to one of them and it seems to have been said they might be closing the dance area which in modern terms probably means headlining sonic

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

yeah its been discussed elsewhere on efests. Someone got them confirmed at inner city electronic in leeds last weekend by speaking to one of them and it seems to have been said they might be closing the dance area which in modern terms probably means headlining sonic

Thanks, MM.

Oh dear. That's not the best. Although the new Sonic sound might have been much, much better last year (I didn't go in...)

Ben

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

That would be pretty decent for that area, I'd prefer to see them in the SE corner somewhere but would venture over to SH for it. 

If you’re at a loose end for a party this weekend and a bit nervous about heading out then Salon Zur Wilde Renate (a really fun club in Berlin) are live streaming all their parties for the foreseeable future instead of opening the club. 

Never had a bad night in there. And even better you can have a dance and not worry about having to queue for the loos or find your mates after coming in from the smoking area.

D8CBEA32-19AD-499C-9B90-5562C7A80705.jpeg

32 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

If you’re at a loose end for a party this weekend and a bit nervous about heading out then Salon Zur Wilde Renate (a really fun club in Berlin) are live streaming all their parties for the foreseeable future instead of opening the club. 

Never had a bad night in there. And even better you can have a dance and not worry about having to queue for the loos or find your mates after coming in from the smoking area.

D8CBEA32-19AD-499C-9B90-5562C7A80705.jpeg

This is awesome

3 hours ago, Winslow Leach said:

Orbital in Sonic is certainly a curve ball. Anyone check out Sonic last year and want to report back on the sound? 

I checked it out a few times but I really don't like the vibes in that area. It feels so disjointed from the rest of the site. When you have the SE Corner and Arcadia/Pangea you can avoid Silver Hayes and still see amazing dance music. 

That being said, there's still sound bleed between some the stages in the area, and then at others the sound isn't loud enough. It's bizarre. 

If you want to see Orbital I'd just recommend getting there with plenty of time to spare so that you can get inside to a decent spot.