Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, Obiginnaw said:

Throwing it out there I'd love to see partiboi69 somewhere, might not be everyone's cup of tea but you would definitely catch me there at wonky o'clock 

I'd be all over this, I feel like I just have absolutely no idea what's going on and whether it's all just a big joke or not, but he plays some right little whompers. 

The comments on his b2b with KETTAMA are absolutely fantastic too. 

One of those ones where you'd be in Shangs at 3am and forget your own name.

11 hours ago, Zacko said:

One of those ones where you'd be in Shangs at 3am and forget your own name.

Agreed, i've watched a couple of sets, and they're class, but he also drops Bassline Junkie in, it just somehow works,

My personal dream would be Gas Tower, with a 240p display round it, would be a seriously weird party that I'd jump headfirst into 

54 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

seeing the geezer himself at Bangface next week, will report back

Bangface is literally a few miles away from me and I have no idea why I'm not going.  Gonna have to look in to getting a day ticket.  Like the look of Sunday but screw turning up to work on monday still rushing my tits off 

I'm also off to see Chaos in the CBD next week, never seen them before so no idea what to expect, listening to their sets I think they're destined for Silver Hayes if they appear on the bill, but their recent EP and Boiler Room set was a bit heavier than expected, so will see how it goes

18 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I'm gonna be driving back mid-afternoon on Sunday for fear of the exact same thing. Will have to miss Squarepusher but can't risk the layoff / being still mwi by Tuesday.

Saturday is the big one for me!

Its ok, you still get to see his little brother on the saturday.

I may see you there if I end up going!

1 hour ago, Obiginnaw said:

I'm also off to see Chaos in the CBD next week, never seen them before so no idea what to expect, listening to their sets I think they're destined for Silver Hayes if they appear on the bill, but their recent EP and Boiler Room set was a bit heavier than expected, so will see how it goes

They absolutely booted off at Love Saves last year, you're in for a great time!

4 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

The New Balance webs hahaha.

FEEL MY MOTHER FUCKIN BASS IN YO FACE

The b2b on his YouTube with Kettama is excellent... as are any sets by Kettama, man of the moment for me for sure and would love to see him somewhere in S.E corner.

Phenomenal mix here i listened to in the car earlier: 

Just seen the Beat Hotel festival in Marrakesh has been cancelled/postponed due to Coronavirus...

Real shame, it looked a really good little festival, got to feel for the ticket holders as getting money back on flights could be tricky too. Hope this doesn't affect it's long term future. Good to see Houghton is coming back despite having to cancel last year, I was really worried that having to cancel would mean the end for relatively new and small festivals like Houghton/Beat Hotel.

I assume this won't have any consequences or impact on their area at Glasto will it? I don't really know how all that business works but I just wondered if it may have an affect? Or am I worrying over nothing...

10 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Funny to see Kettama getting a mention on here. He's from the same town as me and started djing in clubs here a few years back, nice guy. Massive session head.

He’s blown up a lot the last year, lot of my mates are really into him.

31 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Funny to see Kettama getting a mention on here. He's from the same town as me and started djing in clubs here a few years back, nice guy. Massive session head.

I honestly expected nothing less tbh, I had a weird one in nottingham around halloween time 2018 where it was a small bar, 50 or so people and it just got very weird very quickly , and not in a good way (think costumes).  

partiboi's just been added onto skream's WHP lineup for that 'feel' event, and has teased a collab with kettama this week.. those 3 could be a nice little run of DJ's...

19 hours ago, Obiginnaw said:

CBD are a unique bunch of boys.

Seen em 3 times and each time has been so different. Don't really expect anything like their releases, they go much harder and it's never that soft. Their latest release come together is much more similar to what they play, compared to midnight in peckham, I feel.

Glasto, 3:00 am set at Stonebridge, a bit all over the place but upbeat and fun. They ended up going very trancey and upbeat dropping stuff like 1998 binary finary, till i come, better off alone. a wild messy one. like them.

Corsica, they were very chill, nothing really ticked any boxes for me, also another 3:00 am set actually,  cant remember any tunes in particular, but room 1 was too rammo so ended up spending the night in the empty room 2 which was Japanese disco, which i enjoyed more. 

Village Underground, the other week was their best night I've seen them, we were there almost from open. Felt like the set was  rhythm focused, smooth mixing and mostly tunes I'd never heard before. Some tracks with like 5 minute keyboard solo, jazz vibes on a nice beat (i know i said they never do . These are my shazams from the night. 

All I can say is that, with CBD, you don't know what you'll get, but it will be a fun night.

88316136_1551037051703166_4222362063567060992_n.thumb.png.1189f546df0bbd48ee4bfb8241ad0198.png88268575_198191861275653_4376146794984243200_n.thumb.png.9387abf6f483483173d399a6a71d8fe8.pngSha

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

CBD are a unique bunch of boys.

Seen em 3 times and each time has been so different. Don't really expect anything like their releases, they go much harder and it's never that soft. Their latest release come together is much more similar to what they play, compared to midnight in peckham, I feel.

Glasto, 3:00 am set at Stonebridge, a bit all over the place but upbeat and fun. They ended up going very trancey and upbeat dropping stuff like 1998 binary finary, till i come, better off alone. a wild messy one. like them.

Corsica, they were very chill, nothing really ticked any boxes for me, also another 3:00 am set actually,  cant remember any tunes in particular, but room 1 was too rammo so ended up spending the night in the empty room 2 which was Japanese disco, which i enjoyed more. 

Village Underground, the other week was their best night I've seen them, we were there almost from open. Felt like the set was  rhythm focused, smooth mixing and mostly tunes I'd never heard before. Some tracks with like 5 minute keyboard solo, jazz vibes on a nice beat (i know i said they never do . These are my shazams from the night. 

All I can say is that, with CBD, you don't know what you'll get, but it will be a fun night.

88316136_1551037051703166_4222362063567060992_n.thumb.png.1189f546df0bbd48ee4bfb8241ad0198.png88268575_198191861275653_4376146794984243200_n.thumb.png.9387abf6f483483173d399a6a71d8fe8.pngSha

Many thanks for this, I've had a listen and dig it, I'm hoping they just completely boot off next week in all honesty as it's been a while for myself, nevertheless I'm a lot more confident after this tracklist! Much appreciated

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Can we pause for a moment and imagine they've got Floating Points on IICON

Hopefully @bennyhana22 isn't trying to save people's lives when he reads this

live? he likes his own light show too much to do that I think.

e: well maybe that's unfair, certainly for elaenia that was the case

Edited by Tuna