Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

IICON looked insane last year, but none of the music ever caught my attention and ended up walking past it most times.

Good to hear they going to improve on that end, the field could have handled a lot more crowd, just nothing on that people wanted to listen to really.

Who would you put on there?

Just now, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Who would you put on there?

Some big classic house names like Larry Heard, maybe some classic dubstep like Kode9, some popular current UK names like Hessle Audio, there's some Blawan project too, maybe them...

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Some big classic house names like Larry Heard, maybe some classic dubstep like Kode9, some popular current UK names like Hessle Audio, there's some Blawan project too, maybe them...

Fair enough it wasn’t very busy but I honestly didn’t give a shite at the time if anything I was glad. 

Just now, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Fair enough it wasn’t very busy but I honestly didn’t give a shite at the time if anything I was glad. 

aye bingo. one of the things that makes genosys great too, always room for a boogie. (ok, much more in the case of IICON)

to say that they've tried to book kraftwerk shows they're serious about this at least, and agree it's a problem -- imagine we'll get a few big names like that we've not seen in the SEC in the next few years. 

57 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Larry heard and Hessle played on there last yr

2 hours ago, HattersBoy said:

Thanks Ben, was a real good night, got my pic with Slipmatt but I looked a state and it pretty much wiped me out for the weekend, not as young as I was.

Well, yes.

I can still go as hard as the next person. Recovery, hmmm, that sometimes takes a wee while...

Ben

On 2/29/2020 at 2:31 PM, Zacko said:

Just saw this was recently uploaded by RA - Kerri mixing on some reel-to-reel players. 

The best to ever do it IMO.

My mate went out in Leeds with another pal who was a regular on the Leeds clubbing scene. They went to see Kerri Chandler at Mint, my mate had Ghb for first time and blanked out. When he came around the club was closed, just the bouncers and a few people my other pal knew listening to Chandler using a glass bottle in each hand to mix on the decks! 

I often call bullshit on his story but I know it's true 😏

He's on in Manchester this weekend

18 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Just spotted Dekmantel finishes at 11 every night, whats the story with night time entertainment?

official afterparties, about €15-€20

last year:

60322826_2729327673761059_18383436702443

usual clubs around the city running as normal

Katharsis event runs that weekend overnight if you like techno/industrial in a dark warehouse, eg:

XLBfIq7jZMnH6nFzusZ6dgefHcMjEJ8xibpvp9jw

Edited by ghostdancer1

13 hours ago, cerv said:

Oooh, care to share the other 2?

I have to say the Nero essential mix from the end of 2010 is probably my favourite ever. I heard it just as I was starting to properly get into raves and clubnights. Hearing this super eclectic mix of stuff (The Streets, Prince, Sleigh Bells, Muse etc) put together in a way that seemed to just make complete sense was a moment I'll always remember. 

I'd say Rusties from 2012 is my second favourite. Just two hours of pure energy that went hand in hand with me discovering Glass Swords (still an absolutely incredible album IMO) around the same time. 

So yeah, I'm gonna say this Caribou one is slotting in nicely at number three actually. 

For me I think my favourite Essential Mixes are always related to a time in my life. So a lot of the classic 90s ones I can absolutely appreciate from a mixing and cultural perspective, but they don't often end up in my favourites list.

Honorable mentions:

Krystal Klear, Jackmaster, Bicep, Silk City, Four Tet, Midland

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Madyaker said:

@ghostdancer1 I'm guessing this years stuff won't be announced for a while yet. We have a hotel booked now near the city centre but within cycling distance of the park. Any other dekmantel related trips welcome!

When you leave at night. Don’t go and queue up for the taxi like most do just fuck off through the woods and you’ll come out on the road where all the taxies are queuing. Jump in one of them and save yourself a massive wait.

21 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Palms Trax XOYO residency finishes on the 26th of June so hopefully a Saturday or Sunday slot for him

What’s XOYO like? Heard mixed things

It really depends where you are... There's lots of twats in there, and the layout is a bit wierd.  But i've always found that if you can get on the raised area in the corner opposite the decks you're not affected, get great sound, and always have a good night.  My profile pic is literally stood at that exact spot.

50 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

When you leave at night. Don’t go and queue up for the taxi like most do just fuck off through the woods and you’ll come out on the road where all the taxies are queuing. Jump in one of them and save yourself a massive wait.

The shuttle buses are definitely the best way into the city centre in my experience, cheap, easy, no real queues and drop you in a good place