Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

5 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I might drip-feed it then. My intel has come in – but I also need to walk the dog.

First morsel:

Calvin Harris is booked for a slot... that isn't the Other Stage

Well it's not who I thought would be closing out the Downlow but hey I'm up for anything 

Have you heard and whispers about what the Beat Hotel folks have got lined up? 

It's easy to get carried away with the dizzy heights of Block 9 which we all know and love, but having plucked out Avalon, Job Jobse etc in recent times, it's something I have a keen eye on as I feel the Beat Hotel could have been improved a lot

Calvin Harris playing hardcore influenced tunes is interesting dunno if I’d actually go like. It’s interesting because of who he is and the style. 

One Kiss Love Generator remix 🔥 

Whats the garage thing? Big fan of this.

https://thenycdownlow.com/2018/06/08/pearson-sound-ukg-set-london-underground-glastonbury-2017/

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yeah I’ll agree with @Mezhyp1 there - hotel or Airbnb is the one. Camping is usually 25 and under, big afters environment.

You can cycle from Amsterdam to the grounds in about half an hour. Scenic park route with a huge lock-up space for your wheels. Everyone does it. Cabs are pricey and patchy.

I’d recommend locking it down soon though. That’s also Pride Week in Holland and the city is bustling.

Will you be there Thursday too?

Yeah I’ll be there on Thursday I got the 4 day ticket. I’ll start looking at hotels so. 

16 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

"cool" people get turned away all the time, and there's plenty of solo, bald, pasty white dudes in there looking desperately un-"cool", so don't worry about it. most people get turned away, as long as you're not there with a football shirt or dressed for a glitzy club, you have as much chance as anyone! ........which is to say not much, but still....:lol: if you don't succeed, go off somewhere else for a while and try again later! you'll have a better chance throughout the day on Sunday than Saturday night.

i mean, even I managed to get in a couple of times so it can happen.

Personally I'd try early on in the night, get knocked back, go to Tresor (or one of the many other decent clubs), have a great night there and try again on your way home.

Just remember to set an alarm on your phone to remind you to leave and catch your flight.  Nearly missed mine last time I was there

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

@Tommy Dickfingers - major regrets at having missed that, went back to tent for a refuel but passed out after 6hrs at the Pyramid. This booking is better but I'm keeping schtum.

@Mezhyp1 - nothing on that yet. I would assume there'll be a home for that set of contemporary house-disco-techno-balearic-breaks thing, it's such a key middle ground between Sonic and NYCDL in sound and appeal. Don't sweat it.

Fair. I like a surprise tbh. I’ve been every year since 2013 nar and never been disappointed so kind of buzz off not knowing which DJ’s are gonna play. The live stuff is a bit different as you might need to dig a bit deeper into some acts.

If you can’t find a DJ to watch at Glastonbury who interests you, you’ve got no hope really. 

I might drip-feed it then. My intel has come in – but I also need to walk the dog.

First morsel:

This is great, I think Calvin is a good booking for the festival, but think it's a waste of an Other Stage headline slot. 

Unsure where he'd go that would be big enough though - Arcadia?

7 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Fair. I like a surprise tbh. I’ve been every year since 2013 nar and never been disappointed so kind of buzz off not knowing which DJ’s are gonna play. The live stuff is a bit different as you might need to dig a bit deeper into some acts.

If you can’t find a DJ to watch at Glastonbury who interests you, you’ve got no hope really. 

I sure agree with this sentiment 

I like the tense wait to see what the line up is when the posters drop of the website has the full line up, unless @Ddiamondd you want to announce Shanti in the 4-6 slot on IICON, then I'm totally fine with that 

I just came here to share the same info and it looks like I was beaten to the chase.

Who do you know Ddiamondd? Because it feels like we’re getting info from a similar camp.

Yeah I’ve heard that Calvin Harris is appearing as a love revolution set and not as Calvin Harris.

6 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I do have some intel about everyone's favourite gigantic decapitated head, if you'd care to hear it...

I'd love to hear it.

But, that must be a rhetorical question, right?

16 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Alright, here we go:

Genosys – Lots of bangers but it's becoming more niche, in places. Maintaining a queer and uncompromising angle. One ferociously good rising-star booking on the Friday I am over the moon about, who will absolutely demolish it.

NYCDL – Business as usual. Some major contemporary stars. A few icons of the formative days of real house. A biggie of UKG.

IICON – Lessons learned from the first year. Less experimentalism during peak time, better positioned sound, and more budget been doled out to even out the line-up and make sure the field is full and popping.

A number of acts from 2019 are coming back. I'll leave you to guess who is who. 

Saturday night has a pending mega-legend, who I believe has never played G before at all. Still TBC. But – also across that night, four guys who play the fest fairly frequently, but will make this thread sing. A home run, a sure bet of a Saturday night.

Sunday night on IICON has a run of acts that makes my eyes water. It's beautiful programming: fresh, fast, full bassweight stuff. one British legend flanked by two of the most searing and distinct underground breakthroughs of recent years, but all totally different in sound. It's truly great. I can't see myself being anywhere else.

Is the pending mega-legend booked for IIcon?

19 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Alright, here we go:

Genosys – Lots of bangers but it's becoming more niche, in places. Maintaining a queer and uncompromising angle. One ferociously good rising-star booking on the Friday I am over the moon about, who will absolutely demolish it.

NYCDL – Business as usual. Some major contemporary stars. A few icons of the formative days of real house. A biggie of UKG.

IICON – Lessons learned from the first year. Less experimentalism during peak time, better positioned sound, and more budget been doled out to even out the line-up and make sure the field is full and popping.

A number of acts from 2019 are coming back. I'll leave you to guess who is who. 

Saturday night has a pending mega-legend, who I believe has never played G before at all. Still TBC. But – also across that night, four guys who play the fest fairly frequently, but will make this thread sing. A home run, a sure bet of a Saturday night.

Sunday night on IICON has a run of acts that makes my eyes water. It's beautiful programming: fresh, fast, full bassweight stuff. one British legend flanked by two of the most searing and distinct underground breakthroughs of recent years, but all totally different in sound. It's truly great. I can't see myself being anywhere else.

This has made me so happy. The stage set-up absolutely blew me away when I stumbled upon it on Friday night last year, but the line-up was way too edgy for me.