Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

Do tell...

I heard that the block 9 guys have tried / are trying, to get Kraftwerk in Bloc 9. Probably for an unannounced set (the only way I could rationalise it) as I don’t know what stage could hold that kind of crowd. They wanted to shoot really big for the 50th anniversary. 

APE have them “exclusive” which means they either didn’t get them or they’ve secretly got them.

Its weird because surely Kraftwerk could headline a major stage with ease?

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Think @Ddiamondd was on the Kraftwerk Block 9 trail last year at some point, so there could well be something in it 

I can chase this back up but they definitely tried to get a few really big names this year. I don’t know if they landed anyone though. It does sound though that they are working hard to get some really special bookings there for the 50th.

Thing is if you’re Bloc9 you go for Kraftwerk with the OG singer Ralf something first then failing that you get Wolfgang Flur so with him being booked I’d say that totally rules out Kraftwerk as they tour now. Bittersweet really. 

For context Wolfgang Flur is playing a venue in Wigan soon. 

1 minute ago, Guy Incognito said:

.....do tell.....

I don’t wanna say specific names but there’s a couple on the awakenings lineup they failed to get.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Thing is if you’re Bloc9 you go for Kraftwerk with the OG singer Ralf something first then failing that you get Wolfgang Flur so with him being booked I’d say that totally rules out Kraftwerk as they tour now. Bittersweet really. 

For context Wolfgang Flur is playing a venue in Wigan soon. 

Probably. Sounds like a compromise to me. Either the exclusive deal with APE rules them out, or it’s something they are trying to work around.

3 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Yeah I mean, they've been working towards any iteration of Kraftwerk since about mid-2018.

They're now deeply fucked off at Flür for blowing the surprise, as you might expect lol. 

Not surprised, what a tit 

Can't say I actually have the greatest hopes for IICON line-up wise. I'll be happy to be met with a surprise and a couple of things I want to see there. Hopeful the hints at Shanti are on the ball, even better if it's one of those grand b2b2b2b sessions

21 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Probably. Sounds like a compromise to me. Either the exclusive deal with APE rules them out, or it’s something they are trying to work around.

Could it just be the 3D that's exclusive for APE?  

Might just be clutching at straws, but could you get some kind of live set without the 3D at Glasto?