Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Well I failed in the Glastonbury sale and I failed in the Tomorrowland sale (twice) so I've consoled myself (to a certain extent) with tickets for this. If anyone's been or could give me pointers about who to look out for beyond the obvious names it would be appreciated.

Loveland-Festival-2020-Lineup-Poster-1600x2000.jpg

I have mates who have been to this 3 times. They are going again and are trying to tempt me. They really love it. I went o Boomtown twice instead,

Every year they say that Sebastien Leger is a highlight. I have inly seen him once. That was in amnesia in 2008 or 2009. He was excellent.

Egbert is someone I would like to see

I am sure you'll know of pleasurekraft, but they will be worth a watch for you I would suspect.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I have mates who have been to this 3 times. They are going again and are trying to tempt me. They really love it. I went o Boomtown twice instead,

Every year they say that Sebastien Leger is a highlight. I have inly seen him once. That was in amnesia in 2008 or 2009. He was excellent.

Egbert is someone I would like to see

I am sure you'll know of pleasurekraft, but they will be worth a watch for you I would suspect.

Thanks, Fuzzy. 

I've also just got a ticket for Monegros Festival. I haven't quite worked out how to get there yet but a 20 hour party in the middle of the Spanish desert sounds right up my street. This is the bill so far:

lineup.jpg

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Thanks, Fuzzy. 

I've also just got a ticket for Monegros Festival. I haven't quite worked out how to get there yet but a 20 hour party in the middle of the Spanish desert sounds right up my street. This is the bill so far:

lineup.jpg

That second line up is unreal, @Supernintendo Chalmers

I would bloody LOVE to see Oscar Mulero. He’s a dark, malevolent bugger when it comes to his productions. That line up in the setting you describe = superb. 

Ben

• Like 1

So, I’m at E1 tonight for Ms Moonear and Mr Lutz and am as excited as you’d expect. 

Tomorrow night there’s an impromptu meet-up in London of about 45-50 of my entry year at  med school! Wha??!! 

So, foolish as it may be, I’m considering pulling a double-header and nipping to this post-reunion:

EEF13210-D55B-4909-8FBD-9BF69236CFE4.jpeg.f8bf40051d62403a45b32343f0d9c12b.jpeg

Anyone got any thoughts on this for me? Mor Elian is pretty ace and I’d love to see her. Worth it? Never been to Pickle Factory, so anyone recommend it?

I might have to try to persuade someone at the reunion to come out with me. That will be more difficult than you might imagine...

Ben

29 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Thanks, Fuzzy. 

lineup.jpg

I like the line up, but that sounds far too hot for me. I think I'd die of heat exhaustion to me honest!

I might go to see I hate Models in a few weeks. I have only heard a few sets and they have been ok, nowt special though.

I wouldn't mind Reinier Zonneveld live to show up somewhere on the farm.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

So, I’m at E1 tonight for Ms Moonear and Mr Lutz and am as excited as you’d expect. 

Tomorrow night there’s an impromptu meet-up in London of about 45-50 of my entry year at  med school! Wha??!! 

So, foolish as it may be, I’m considering pulling a double-header and nipping to this post-reunion:

Anyone got any thoughts on this for me? Mor Elian is pretty ace and I’d love to see her. Worth it? Never been to Pickle Factory, so anyone recommend it?

I might have to try to persuade someone at the reunion to come out with me. That will be more difficult than you might imagine...

Ben

Mates saw her in Barca in the summer and thought she was fantastic 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ben

She'll probably be on warm up duties so might not be in full throttle but OK Williams is a fantastic selector - was my fave set at Field Maneuvers this summer (possibly the year).

I've only been Pickle Factory once but I loved it, a cracking little venue in my opinion with a good crowd the night I went when I saw Bruce & Pearson Sound last summer.

Relaxed security in the dance, good sound and a nice chill out area.

I'd say absolutely go will be a good night that one.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Well I failed in the Glastonbury sale and I failed in the Tomorrowland sale (twice) so I've consoled myself (to a certain extent) with tickets for this. If anyone's been or could give me pointers about who to look out for beyond the obvious names it would be appreciated.

Lovely line up that is

A non-obvious name I'd recommend checking out on here is Lewski, does some cracking sets and has some top tunes of his own - his recent EP has been a fave of mine for a while now

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Mates saw her in Barca in the summer and thought she was fantastic 

2 hours ago, joemason96 said:

She'll probably be on warm up duties so might not be in full throttle but OK Williams is a fantastic selector - was my fave set at Field Maneuvers this summer (possibly the year).

I've only been Pickle Factory once but I loved it, a cracking little venue in my opinion with a good crowd the night I went when I saw Bruce & Pearson Sound last summer.

Relaxed security in the dance, good sound and a nice chill out area.

I'd say absolutely go will be a good night that one.

Cheers, boys. Looks like I need to get my arse there, then. 

Ben
x

30 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

I may have drunken;y bought a ticket to that houghton festival. Ive had my eye on it for 3 years now but Ill be solo and I don't even know where it is!

There’s no phone signal on site. I had no idea where I was in the country for a whole weekend it was great.

I said to a mate if you passed me a map and asked me to pinpoint where I am I probably couldn’t have done it.

I received an email from Block 9 yesterday and in it was an article regarding IICON, including a short video, which is interesting. Not sure if it's already been posted but for those that haven't seen it, it might stir up some emotions with less than six months to go.

https://www.dezeen.com/2019/07/05/block9-iicon-stage-glastonbury-video-interview/

17 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I like the line up, but that sounds far too hot for me. I think I'd die of heat exhaustion to me honest!

I might go to see I hate Models in a few weeks. I have only heard a few sets and they have been ok, nowt special though.

I wouldn't mind Reinier Zonneveld live to show up somewhere on the farm.

Yes, I seem to remember that you might have already been sunburnt at the eFests meet last year! I Hate Models seems to be appearing on more and more lineups, I'll give him a listen this weekend along with your other suggestion. Thanks, as always!

17 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

That second line up is unreal, @Supernintendo Chalmers

I would bloody LOVE to see Oscar Mulero. He’s a dark, malevolent bugger when it comes to his productions. That line up in the setting you describe = superb. 

Ben

Listened to his Boiler Room set last night. Squelchy with a nice crescendo. Very you, Ben. 

On 2/7/2020 at 12:55 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Butch is great if you somehow haven't heard of him. No idea what he is like behind the decks, but his tracks are always on my playlists and a must see for me if he's on a lineup I'm at.

This is his most recent release, you may have heard it or will hear it this summer I bet.

And this one you may have heard about 2 summers ago. Though still bangs.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Butch is great if you somehow haven't heard of him. No idea what he is like behind the decks, but his tracks are always on my playlists and a must see for me if he's on a lineup I'm at.

This is his most recent release, you may have heard it or will hear it this summer I bet.

And this one you may have heard about 2 summers ago. Though still bangs.

Not heard that first one before but I imagine it's gonna be all over the White Isle when I'm back there in July.

The second I know but didn't realise the artist. Thanks for the heads up!

PSA: Houghton Tickets are held until 48 Hours before the event, as RA has been doing for several events now. As far as I know, RA is the only ticket seller. If I were going to get rid of my Houghton tickets (still unsure), I'd throw them back to RA and use their official re-sell tool. 

If you plan on buying later, just keep checking RA as it will often fluctuate from sold out to having tickets available as people change their minds. Nobody will (should) have any tickets until 48 hours before, and anybody saying otherwise should be heavily doubted, in my opinion. 

Regarding Houghton sound, what is the sound/sleep situation? I'm all about the music, I'm also about getting some sleep, daily. I'm sure doesn't sound as exciting a weekend as the lad who didn't sleep for 3 days... Does the whole campsite hear thumping all night/morning? Or are some areas worse than others?