Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

I keep reading through that list over and over.

It really is remarkable, and I feel really rather proud that the UK can produce a full dance festival with that extraordinary a line-up. Saying that, at 200 quid for a ticket, that's £2 million in ticket sales alone into the coffers, so the budget is pretty decent, I'd have thought.

If only I liked dancing in the daytime. As much as I love going to raves (and there are times when their transcendence make me as happy as anywhere else in my life), the thrill for me is in the infrequency of those experiences, and it's the anticipation of the event that is almost as enjpyable. It's better to travel, and all that...

So, I've never been convinced that a full-on 3-4 day dance festival (i.e. a camping one, rather than say a city-based, go-to-the-events-you-want one) is for me. Guess I should do one, sometime...

Ben

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Rock solid. Would love to see E.R.P./Convextion on the farm but don't see it as likely due to the amount of equipment he lugs about from Dallas.

Any of object blue, Colleen Cosmo Murphy, Ultramarine, Luca Lozano, Jensen Interceptor, Schatrax, D. Tiffany and Ndagga Rhythm Force would rule though.

& Cobblestone Jazz

42 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I keep reading through that list over and over.

It really is remarkable, and I feel really rather proud that the UK can produce a full dance festival with that extraordinary a line-up. Saying that, at 200 quid for a ticket, that's £2 million in ticket sales alone into the coffers, so the budget is pretty decent, I'd have thought.

If only I liked dancing in the daytime. As much as I love going to raves (and there are times when their transcendence make me as happy as anywhere else in my life), the thrill for me is in the infrequency of those experiences, and it's the anticipation of the event that is almost as enjpyable. It's better to travel, and all that...

So, I've never been convinced that a full-on 3-4 day dance festival (i.e. a camping one, rather than say a city-based, go-to-the-events-you-want one) is for me. Guess I should do one, sometime...

Ben

Oh benny. Houghton is 100% worth it (weather depending).

the 24 hour licence is the real deal. Some of the set times are pretty crazy.

that terminus stage is something else. headliner style sets starting at 10am is something you just don’t get anywhere else.

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Block 9 should get Craig Richards involved, the line up at Houghton is always stellar

A fabric stage at Glastonbury would be absolutely amazing. I did raise this to a senior member of the fabric team once and they said they did think about it but it can only really be for ticketed events to make it profitable. Lovebox etc. They get these big DJs for a subsidised fee but it is still a lot of money.

This was like 2 ish years ago so maybe something could change. I think if Glastonbury is going to have a chance at getting some mega names like Ricardo Villalobos, a partnership with fabric is the way forward.

Also I saw Craig Richards the other weekend and the guy is totally on form.

Edited by Matt42
  • Like 1

Having major probs with tickets for Houghton via resident advisor.  Two of us had multiple cards declined for 4 tickets. Card companies says it’s resident advisors fault and to contact them... not easy!! 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

that terminus stage is something else. headliner style sets starting at 10am is something you just don’t get anywhere else.

Hmmm jus more good things I hear about Houghton!

I've got tickets as I think I'll go. I do think that if I were to ever go, going the year after Windgate seems like the one. But somewhat still finding myself on the fence as the from the lineup I recognise about 1 in 5 names (at least a couple of things I'd want to see every day I guess?). Having been to Glasto in the past I know it's not "all about the lineup" but currently finding it hard to know if I'll find it worth it/enjoy it.

17 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

I've got tickets as I think I'll go. I do think that if I were to ever go, going the year after Windgate seems like the one. But somewhat still finding myself on the fence as the from the lineup I recognise about 1 in 5 names (at least a couple of things I'd want to see every day I guess?). Having been to Glasto in the past I know it's not "all about the lineup" but currently finding it hard to know if I'll find it worth it/enjoy it.

Have you managed to purchase tickets this morning @Acid Loafers ?

7 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Yeah I did it via the app on my phone

We've tried everything - app / website / credit / debit - everytime it fails.

Messaged RA and Houghton, just waiting now.

18 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Guess who’s volunteering on the farm this year, stewarding you horrible lot around in between getting down to this. sick. beat.

Congratulations.

My mate did it last year & said it was ok. He saw quite a lot of the festival. Just missed fri night & Sunday afternoon. His other shift was thursday morning

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

So, Child 1 just messaged me to say he’s got tickets for Houghton. 

Bastard kids.

Didn’t get your ticket for the Farm though did you, eh? EH??!!

Ben

6 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

There are some absolutely incredible djs on that lineup. You will have a great time. Just follow the music. It’s honestly such a great event with a great crowd.

Get your sleep in before the festival though. If you’re sleeping more than 5 hours you’re missing something good.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Anyone been to Inner City Electronic in Leeds before? I think this is only the third year. 

FB_IMG_1580897404674.jpg

That Meat Free Warehouse line-up looks incredible. Looking at the vibe they're trying to create, HAAi is bound to play a blistering full-on techno set. Which makes me nostalgic for her 2019 Genosys set which I shall never tire of describing as one of the best I've ever seen. Girl's got chops.

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22
  • Upvote 1