Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

17 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Chances of Aphex twin...? Would make my life.

Probably unlikely. Was talk a couple festivals ago he was offered The Park headline slot but wanted the Other Stage. 

Maybe Block 9 will twist his arm to play IICON one year, and I'm sure he'll be back playing as someone else in a far reaching corner eventually 

13 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Probably unlikely. Was talk a couple festivals ago he was offered The Park headline slot but wanted the Other Stage. 

Maybe Block 9 will twist his arm to play IICON one year, and I'm sure he'll be back playing as someone else in a far reaching corner eventually 

IICON would be perfect. 

6 hours ago, Bradders said:

Officially it isn’t. It became too much of a commercial venture outside of Glastonbury, which made Glasto nervous about what could be viewed as a spin-off that they had no control over. What if there was some kind of accident at a festival the media could paint as a sister event, for example.

They still have a good relationship though so they’re coming back with a new, “separate” project.

Curious with this. How come Glade was okay to break out as it's own thing all those years ago but this they're not okay with? 

16 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

no offence to @Bradders, but I doubt that "Glasto nervous over something happening elsewhere and negative publicity being linked back to them" is even remotely true.

They could just change the name of the tent at Glastonbury if that was the case.

My guess is it's just about keeping it new and fresh - a bit like Arcadia.

If you keep doing the same thing over and over it gets stale and loses it'd edge - no matter how much we like it or how good it is!

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

no offence to @Bradders, but I doubt that "Glasto nervous over something happening elsewhere and negative publicity being linked back to them" is even remotely true.

They could just change the name of the tent at Glastonbury if that was the case.

None taken, I’m just repeating what I was told which came from the team behind the Beat Hotel. I’d taken it at face value without giving it much scrutiny, but the Arcadia point is a good one as well.