Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 minute ago, gordong said:

Worst smoking area for me by far was WHP Store Street, that was pathetic, so cramped with massive queues to get outside.

When I was a smoker this was a fucking ball ache, took about 20 minutes to get outside and then when you did it was so cramped. Smoking area when it moved to Victoria Warehouse the other year was sound, I liked the little elevated bit with the benches around the outside. 

18 hours ago, Memory Man said:

travelodges arent the best as im sure we all know, but we used the vauxhall one when we went to junction 2 as it is right outside the (24h) tube and rail - the rail goes from vauxhall to brentford where you can get off for junction 2. couldnt be more convenient.

This looks a goer to me mate. Thanks. 

On 1/15/2020 at 7:06 PM, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Well we’ve just bought Friday tickets. If we decide to go on Saturday as well gonna tout them or something. 

Can anyone recommend places to stay in London? We’re probably gonna be just going for pints on Saturday day/night so somewhere decent for that in the summer be handy. Appreciated!

Premier Inn in Dalston was cheap and handy to bars around there and only a few minds on the over ground to Shoreditch 

19 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

Are you talking about the old smoking area? Up the stairs?

Oh yes, it has been a few of years since I've been but 

15 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Possibly if it was block 9 this time and the live show 

Was some acid set in the glade iirc 

Indeed.  He had broken his left wrist in 2018 which put him out of playing bass for a little bit, so he ended up using a load of his old kit and made a load of acid again.  

20 hours ago, Kinkyinuit said:

It's one of the most cramped smoking areas that I've ever been in and just was a very unpleasant experience.

As for the importance, smoker or not, it's always good to have a nice, cool place to go to when you get too hot or need a break.  XOYO can get boiling so not having a comfortable smoking area is another little negative to add to the list

Agreed with this, XOYO is absolutely naff. Nice to have a bit of a break and a cool down, maybe a menthol cig but it's so cramped there and the bouncers are always telling you to move down or up. Rubbish. 

Best one I've seen is Fabric, love the plastic grass and loads of space. New WHP is good too, food area and all sorts. Shame WHP is always in winter so I end up freezing my nuts off.

1 hour ago, GWR said:

I'm over in Manchester tonight for garnier, looking for a good spot to go beforehand to meet up with a load of friends, If anyone has any suggestions for somewhere with good tunes? 

I tend to go drinking in ald man pubs when I’m in Manchester. Where is he on at again YES? I don’t really like drinking around there as it’s full of annoying little students haha. The Refuge is alright nice food also that’s close by.

I like Pilcrow by Victoria, 33 Oldham street is a nice bar sometimes has decent tunes on middle floor which has an incredible soundsystem.

Edited by Tommy Dickfingers

8 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I tend to go drinking in ald man pubs when I’m in Manchester. Where is he on at again YES? I don’t really like drinking around there as it’s full of annoying little students haha. The Refuge is alright nice food also that’s close by.

I like Pilcrow by Victoria, 33 Oldham street is a nice bar sometimes has decent tunes on middle floor which has an incredible soundsystem.

Cheers I have 2 spare tickets, free to a good home if u fancy this, 2 guys pulled out last minute

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GWR said:

Cheers I have 2 spare tickets, free to a good home if u fancy this, 2 guys pulled out last minute

Ah man that would be sick as well but I’m off the ale and gear for a bit. Mainly for my mental health been burning the candle at both ends for a while now. Really appreciate that though! 

30 minutes ago, gherring8 said:

Any tips for clubs/nights out in Dublin? Heading over for the weekend mid Feb with a couple of friends & would like at least one night out. Resident Advisor is looking dry as anything at the moment! 

Dublin is getting worse and worse for a good night out but tengu and wigwam are normally good if you like smaller clubs.

1 hour ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Sorry to hijack the thread (please feel free to delete this post if not appropriate), but has anyone been to Berghain in Berlin before? 

Have opportunity of going next weekend and would like fellow tech-heads opinions first?

If you have a guaranteed in, do it. Three-time failure here 😂

Always had a great time at Suicide Circus instead, though. 

9 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If you have a guaranteed in, do it. Three-time failure here 😂

Always had a great time at Suicide Circus instead, though. 

My friend knows one if the DJs on the bill so on the guestlist. 

Was suicide circus easy to get into? Looking for options on the Friday night too