Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, gherring8 said:

Anyone on here who is London based, and hasn't made it down to The Cause in Tottenham, I would 10/10 recommend.

3rd time attending on New Years Eve and was as fantastic as ever. Even got an unannounced visit from Erol Alkan playing an absolute blinder of a set from 5:30am onwards.

It was due to be the final ever night due to licencing issues but at the last minute they managed to retain it to continue on in 2020.

It is a bit of a trot if you aren't North London based but it is worth it, and even better some of the tickets costs go to Mental Health charities.

Went to a last minute show there with Four Tet and Jamie xx playing and was up there with one of the best nights I've been to.

Also went the month before (again a last minute show) for Jamie xx.  Daniel Avery started playing at one point (I think b2b with Jamie). Wasn't announced at all beforehand. Both were great nights.

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Jamie XX playing at Dekmantel Selectors in August. Hope he's back, he might have new music on the way after The XX's post on insta recently 

Never bother watching him DJ at Glastonbury. My mates who don’t really do electronic music always say they’re “up for watching Jamie XX DJ” which rightly or wrongly puts me off. 

15 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Never bother watching him DJ at Glastonbury. My mates who don’t really do electronic music always say they’re “up for watching Jamie XX DJ” which rightly or wrongly puts me off. 

Think he certainly attracts some clingers on, but anytime I've seen him it's been quality. In Colour was very very heavily played by me also 

5 hours ago, gherring8 said:

Anyone on here who is London based, and hasn't made it down to The Cause in Tottenham, I would 10/10 recommend.

3rd time attending on New Years Eve and was as fantastic as ever. Even got an unannounced visit from Erol Alkan playing an absolute blinder of a set from 5:30am onwards.

It was due to be the final ever night due to licencing issues but at the last minute they managed to retain it to continue on in 2020.

It is a bit of a trot if you aren't North London based but it is worth it, and even better some of the tickets costs go to Mental Health charities.

My brother DJ'd there on New Years Eve! Not sure what time he played though! 

16 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Think he certainly attracts some clingers on, but anytime I've seen him it's been quality. In Colour was very very heavily played by me also 

See what this year brings. Had on this mix today as I plan on attending Solar at White Hotel in February. I saw him and Joy O at Silver Hayes one year the tent was practically empty was good though.

https://m.soundcloud.com/dkmntl/solar-cinnaman-at-dekmantel-2019

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I wore out In Colour as well. Gosh is still in loads of my playlists. Is that dekmantel selectors set online anywhere? Can’t say I’ve noticed it. I seem to remember someone in this thread saying they asked him about glasto and he said he hadn’t been asked but was keeping his schedule clear. 

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

I wore out In Colour as well. Gosh is still in loads of my playlists. Is that dekmantel selectors set online anywhere? Can’t say I’ve noticed it. I seem to remember someone in this thread saying they asked him about glasto and he said he hadn’t been asked but was keeping his schedule clear. 

I saw it on the normal Dekmantel's Instagram! 

3 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I’ve seen him twice and will forever kick myself I didn’t see him at Glasto in 2015. He’s a bloody great DJ. In Colour is easily my fave album of the decade.

8 hours ago, Beaster said:

This may be of interest to a few of you guys 

i reviewed Four Tets Warehouse Project back in October. Also wrote about NYD which will be live soon

https://www.ticketarena.co.uk/news/reviews/in-review-the-warehouse-project-four-tet-curates

Hessle Audio were absolutely class that night as was Skee Mask. I’d expect all of Hessle Audio to be at Glastonbury hope Skee Mask is floating around Bloc9 somewhere. 

I didn’t go on NYD coz I’ve been AFF IT since Christmas Day but I really wanna see Eris Drew and Octo Octa in the Downlow this year. Helena Hauff who played would also be sick. Who did you see NYD?

2 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Hessle Audio were absolutely class that night as was Skee Mask. I’d expect all of Hessle Audio to be at Glastonbury hope Skee Mask is floating around Bloc9 somewhere. 

I didn’t go on NYD coz I’ve been AFF IT since Christmas Day but I really wanna see Eris Drew and Octo Octa in the Downlow this year. Helena Hauff who played would also be sick. Who did you see NYD?

Most of my NYD review is written about Octo octa and Eris Drew. If they were the best two sets I’ll see all year id be happy. The atmosphere was absolutely incredible. Didn’t recognise too much but Eris played this pitched down 

good day but Four Tets was better. Also caught Joy O and a bit of Helena Hauff. But the concourse is the most fun. I’ll hoy the full review in here when it’s live. What did you make of it? 

2 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Skee Mask seems like a contender for IICON if they continue with their direction of having acts like Stenny, Zenker Bros and Karenn 

I'd love to see Donato Dozzy in that sunrise slot. I'm sure @Ddiamondd will have just chasing our tails around before long :) 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Skee Mask seems like a contender for IICON if they continue with their direction of having acts like Stenny, Zenker Bros and Karenn 

I'd love to see Donato Dozzy in that sunrise slot. I'm sure @Ddiamondd will have just chasing our tails around before long :) 

Fingers crossed. Although you’d think they’d change it up a bit. Said last year I’d be into Objekt and Call Super there b2b maybe on Thursday. 

Dozzy would be class! I seen him again at Dekmantel this year it was incredible. He doesn’t do that many gigs though does he? I’ve been told he costs like 4/5 grand. 

46 minutes ago, Beaster said:

Most of my NYD review is written about Octo octa and Eris Drew. If they were the best two sets I’ll see all year id be happy. The atmosphere was absolutely incredible.

Easily my favourite sets from NYD. Just a joyous thing to watch; was on the bit behind the stage and seeing them both dancing non-stop added to the atmosphere.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Easily my favourite sets from NYD. Just a joyous thing to watch; was on the bit behind the stage and seeing them both dancing non-stop added to the atmosphere.

My thoughts exactly. I mustn’t have been too far from you because that’s where we watched it from. Both incredible DJs and one of the best rooms I’ve been in 

1 hour ago, Obiginnaw said:

Jackmaster seems to be back again, just announced  a set in Brighton, can we expect to see him anywhere , (a b2b with Skream or something would be the dream but just curious) 

I’d love to see Jackmaster at Glastonbury but I can’t see him getting booked after everything that’s happened. Not yet anyway. 

26 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I’d love to see Jackmaster at Glastonbury but I can’t see him getting booked after everything that’s happened. Not yet anyway. 

He gave a really frank interview in vice in December which is worth a read: https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/8xwy83/jackmaster-interview-love-saves-day-ghb. Given that he is now active again and the quote from the victims in the article :

"The position of the festival and its staff who were affected by Jack's behaviour on the night is that Jack has directly apologised to them, he's taken time out to work on himself and undertaken to never repeat this behaviour towards anyone else in future. He has our staff and the festival's support in working towards these aims and his own future happiness."

I think it's possible he could be back on the circuit before long. 

Some poster popped up on my instagram with Jackmaster at the top of it and a few other names I recognised, can't find it now though. He's definitely going to make a come back I think.

In other news, this kink fella sure knows how to wtire a banger. He does live sets, could be good on IICON.

1 hour ago, zero000 said:

He gave a really frank interview in vice in December which is worth a read: https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/8xwy83/jackmaster-interview-love-saves-day-ghb. Given that he is now active again and the quote from the victims in the article :

"The position of the festival and its staff who were affected by Jack's behaviour on the night is that Jack has directly apologised to them, he's taken time out to work on himself and undertaken to never repeat this behaviour towards anyone else in future. He has our staff and the festival's support in working towards these aims and his own future happiness."

I think it's possible he could be back on the circuit before long. 

Jackmaster headlining the Sisterhood confirmed

12 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Would be really surprised to see him back. He's not really playing anything high profile at all apart from Circoloco

He’s family there also.

I saw the Vice thing and I read the interview. I think he deserves a second chance. He lost his Mam young and he lost his Dad just before the incident sounds like he was an addict also. Still unacceptable like.

Well he’s done the interview, he’s recently released the 2019 mastermix (which I highly recommend) which has some recent edits of his, he’s done a track with Skream,  plus the Brighton slot, it looks like he’s a top least trying to make a comeback, I think he’s paid his dues

even if it’s just a Thursday slot in Silver Hayes somewhere , it’s a start