Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Just now, Sasperella said:

I saw Giant Swan on the Glade on Sunday this year. My friends had no idea what to expect (and I didn't much)....We kind of stood there, half-dancing, half just listening/staring in awe at the (slightly sexual) spectacle before us. 

At the end I was like "you liked it...right??", And my friend was like " you know I like challenging music....that was IMMENSE!"

More of that please!

That sounds class. I'll add that to the reasons that I regret not going to Glastonbury this year! Here's hoping that they're invited back in 2020 :)

On 12/19/2019 at 9:40 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Wotcha team

Hope everyone is smashing, and looking forward to Christmas.

I've just booked to see Sonja Moonear and Nicolas Lutz in February, and am excited to be hitting up a minimal rave.

I've heard good things about E1, but never been there, so what can I expect?

Ben
x

sometimes I've been and walked straight in, friendly security and lovely crowd... others I've queued for over an hour and the place has felt rammed. Soundststem is pretty good tho. Hope it's good for you. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Sasperella said:

We are all living in hope.

@mr flow seems to have some inside info about him being at Boomtown. So it's not completely mad or unfeasible.

But it's the hope that kills ya....

On the plus side for you all, and certainly to my knowledge, i believe that Boomtown haven't ever tried to make an act an exclusive before. If Aphex is playing at Boomtown next year, and touring festivals, i'd actually say that makes him more likely to appear at Glastonbury...

Although I am still pointing out that Aphex at Boomtown certainly isn't 100% confirmed and happening, although the last i heard, it was at a very advanced stage.

10 minutes ago, mr flow said:

On the plus side for you all, and certainly to my knowledge, i believe that Boomtown haven't ever tried to make an act an exclusive before. If Aphex is playing at Boomtown next year, and touring festivals, i'd actually say that makes him more likely to appear at Glastonbury...

I've always liked you :D 

The dream is alive and well, guys!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, mr flow said:

Although I am still pointing out that Aphex at Boomtown certainly isn't 100% confirmed and happening, although the last i heard, it was at a very advanced stage.

Been a long time since he’s done anything that resembles a tour and I don’t see why he’d start now. I refuse to get my hopes up for this!

posted in the headliners thread but this may be a better place for it: Bring Me The Horizon have released some experimental ambient/electronic house EP can imagine a lot of people are going to hate it but i'm half way through it and have loved it so far, would love to see them come back and do something a bit different like a DJ set where they play tracks exclusively off the new record + some of the more dance ones off of Amo like Nihilist Blues/Ouch/Fresh Bruises

•  
Edited by OnlyRevolutions

9 hours ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

posted in the headliners thread but this may be a better place for it: Bring Me The Horizon have released some experimental ambient/electronic house EP can imagine a lot of people are going to hate it but i'm half way through it and have loved it so far, would love to see them come back and do something a bit different like a DJ set where they play tracks exclusively off the new record + some of the more dance ones off of Amo like Nihilist Blues/Ouch/Fresh Bruises

•  

I had to give this a few takes tbh

On 12/22/2019 at 12:12 AM, jackmerton said:

Yeah that track is sweet. I listened to a bit of Drukqs while at work and thought it was really interesting, but only got half way through and had to stop for a while and never got back round to it. Thought the opening track was absolutely beautiful so if he has other stuff like that then I'd like to check it out. 

I love this tune from Drukqs.

On 12/28/2019 at 9:40 AM, Matt42 said:

If anyone likes house, garage, minimal. The new Instinct album is essential listening. Instinct is a garage side project of the minimal heavyweight Burnski. 

https://instinctrecs.bandcamp.com/album/instinct-still-life-lp

The record is also on Spotify to stream!

Wow, love this. Frozen is beautiful!

Had no idea Burnski had a side project. Still maintain that his SBTRKT edit is about as perfect as an edit can get. 

Was at Printworks for NYE last night, hadn't been back since the Bicep live show but it was just as fun and cool a venue as I remember. 

Hope everyone had a cracking New Year's Eve. My playlist went down well (as did the frozen margheritas I made) so thanks for the contributions 🙂

The house party I was at descended into a state of almost feral-like anarchy shortly after midnight, but an outrageously good time was had by all. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Zacko said:

Wow, love this. Frozen is beautiful!

Had no idea Burnski had a side project. Still maintain that his SBTRKT edit is about as perfect as an edit can get. 

He has loads dude! He’s a bit of chameleon producer. Loads of ‘unknown artist’ releases have been found out to be him. Dude enjoys his aliases. 

Anyone on here who is London based, and hasn't made it down to The Cause in Tottenham, I would 10/10 recommend.

3rd time attending on New Years Eve and was as fantastic as ever. Even got an unannounced visit from Erol Alkan playing an absolute blinder of a set from 5:30am onwards.

It was due to be the final ever night due to licencing issues but at the last minute they managed to retain it to continue on in 2020.

It is a bit of a trot if you aren't North London based but it is worth it, and even better some of the tickets costs go to Mental Health charities.

Edited by gherring8
typo
  • Upvote 2