Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

7 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Wotcha team

Hope everyone is smashing, and looking forward to Christmas.

I've just booked to see Sonja Moonear and Nicolas Lutz in February, and am excited to be hitting up a minimal rave.

I've heard good things about E1, but never been there, so what can I expect?

Ben
x

I wondered where you'd got to over the last little while. I have no useful information to offer you, but Merry Christmas nonetheless 

41 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I wondered where you'd got to over the last little while. I have no useful information to offer you, but Merry Christmas nonetheless 

Thanks, Sas - and to you too! It’s pretty standard procedure for me, spending less time on here after the dust has settled on Glastonbury. Don’t worry, I look in most days, just to keep an eye on our lovely little thread. Fab to see some keen new posters - I reckon this place will be buzzing as the new year arrives and evolves into pre-50th anniversary mania. I’m so hoping that they pull out all the dance stops for the celebrations! 

Ben x

14 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Wotcha team

Hope everyone is smashing, and looking forward to Christmas.

I've just booked to see Sonja Moonear and Nicolas Lutz in February, and am excited to be hitting up a minimal rave.

I've heard good things about E1, but never been there, so what can I expect?

Ben
x

It looks quite industrial with the pillars and the warehouse feel doesn’t it but still looks quite intimate at the same time. I’ve never been so can’t really help ya but hope you have a boss night in there. All the best mate. 

• Upvote 1

Hi everyone!

First post, go easy on me 😆.  Been giving a lot of thought to who the classic 90's dance band (Chems/Underworld/Prodigy) might be on the Other/West Holts maybe this year.  Anyone reckon it might be Faithless?  They have announced a gig at a festival at beginning of July and just posted some highlights from their Glasto 2002 set.  They were also at the 40th Anniversary.  Thoughts?

1 hour ago, TorontoScot said:

Hi everyone!

First post, go easy on me 😆.  Been giving a lot of thought to who the classic 90's dance band (Chems/Underworld/Prodigy) might be on the Other/West Holts maybe this year.  Anyone reckon it might be Faithless?  They have announced a gig at a festival at beginning of July and just posted some highlights from their Glasto 2002 set.  They were also at the 40th Anniversary.  Thoughts?

Go easy?!

This is the nicest thread, Scot! So you're very welcome.

I'd say that Faithless are a good shout to be somewhere on the Farm next year. Not sure it'll be Other, mind...

I think they rarely have dance bands that aren't headlining, and I can't see them headlining Other any more...

Ben

41 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Not sure where faithless would fit this year? Glade maybe??!

For gigs I’ve got John Talabot and Mano le Tough supported by Avalon Emerson on the 28th and then a 3 hour Laurent Garnier set on jan 30th which I’m very much looking forward to. 

My god that Dublin gig has the best line up I've seen in ages. I've longed to see New Jackson life for so so long 

Hope it's amazing. Of course it will be 

Edited by Mezhyp1
  • Like 1

@bennyhana22

E1's a pretty good venue, Had one of my best nights in years watching Todd Terje there late last summer.

Worth noting however that the room/space where you enter also has the main bar and toilets so tends to end up heaving and full of bottlenecks. Once you get into the rooms themselves there's almost always space to be found.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Go easy?!

This is the nicest thread, Scot! So you're very welcome.

I'd say that Faithless are a good shout to be somewhere on the Farm next year. Not sure it'll be Other, mind...

I think they rarely have dance bands that aren't headlining, and I can't see them headlining Other any more...

Ben

Cheers Ben!  Followed this thread for a while now, and have been enjoying some of the recommendations.  Mostly fingers crossed for Caribou, Bicep - Live, Deni Sulta and Four Tet to be there next year.  In the meantime got a wee 3 night residency from Caribou to look forward to in March and been enjoying this from the Printworks

Edited by TorontoScot
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, TorontoScot said:

Hi everyone!

Boss news this that they’re playing again, dunno where they’d play, late afternoon / early evening on The Pyramid or headlining potentially John Peel? Would love to see them. 

Edit: just had a little look, looks like it’s just a sister bliss DJ set ☹️ All fingers crossed though 🤞🏻

Banger

Edited by lukethekid

11 hours ago, lukethekid said:

Boss news this that they’re playing again, dunno where they’d play, late afternoon / early evening on The Pyramid or headlining potentially John Peel? Would love to see them. 

Edit: just had a little look, looks like it’s just a sister bliss DJ set ☹️ All fingers crossed though 🤞🏻

Banger

Ah shit, you’re right, seems it’s a Sister Bliss DJ set. Apologies for the disinformation. We Come One though, absolute belter!

Never commented on this thread, and not an electronic(a)/dance afficionado whatsoever, but I'm wondering if you guys think any of these acts might be at Glasto this year:

- Kaytranada

- Aphex Twin

- Hudson Mohawke

- DJ Jazzy Jeff

- DJ Premier

Also please bare in mind that I only listened to Aphex Twin for the first time about 2 days ago and know pretty much bugger all about him, so not aware if he's been retired for ages or anything so forgive me if it's stupid to ask if he'll be around haha

Aphex does what he wants. He did 2 live shows this year which is unusual for him. I don’t think he’ll be at glasto this year. If you’re just getting into aphex you should listen to selected ambient works 85 - 92 and then get stuck into the soundcloud dump. There’s some good playlists on YouTube. This one hits me. 

• Like 1

Yeah that track is sweet. I listened to a bit of Drukqs while at work and thought it was really interesting, but only got half way through and had to stop for a while and never got back round to it. Thought the opening track was absolutely beautiful so if he has other stuff like that then I'd like to check it out. 

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

We are all living in hope.

@mr flow seems to have some inside info about him being at Boomtown. So it's not completely mad or unfeasible.

But it's the hope that kills ya....

If he is playing Boomtown, I'd think that would make the chances of Glastonbury too very slim, sadly...

Ben

Just now, Guy Incognito said:

Let's have Giant Swan and Loraine James somewhere on the farm please!

I saw Giant Swan on the Glade on Sunday this year. My friends had no idea what to expect (and I didn't much)....We kind of stood there, half-dancing, half just listening/staring in awe at the (slightly sexual) spectacle before us. 

At the end I was like "you liked it...right??", And my friend was like " you know I like challenging music....that was IMMENSE!"

More of that please!