Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Hey guys! For my mate's NYE party I've been put in charge of one hours worth of music which requires a playlist of BIG tune from 2014 and 2015. Unfortunately I was living in Tanzania at the time so my exposure to electronica was at an all time low. Any suggestions? :) 

I could probably open this up to non-electronica too but I wasn't sure what thread that would be most at home in! Plus I have a few of the bog standard "hits" and want a few more edgy additions!

11 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

What kind of stuff Sas? Techno? House?

Some suggestions of different styles from 2014 / 15 off the top of my head.. not sure if these are the kind of things you'd want though!

Great shouts, Fuzz!

I particularly love that Sam Peganini track. I'm not sure it'll be everyones cup of tea, but I reckon I can sneak it in. The other two are def crowd pleasers - I basically need a good mix of stuff to get everyone dancing whilst avoiding anything toooooo heavy (but maybe a cheeky one or two).

Syro came out in 2014 so I could just bang that out for an hour, but I'd definitely get in trouble

Edited by Sasperella

14 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Hey guys! For my mate's NYE party I've been put in charge of one hours worth of music which requires a playlist of BIG tune from 2014 and 2015. Unfortunately I was living in Tanzania at the time so my exposure to electronica was at an all time low. Any suggestions? :) 

I could probably open this up to non-electronica too but I wasn't sure what thread that would be most at home in! Plus I have a few of the bog standard "hits" and want a few more edgy additions!

Hope this can be some use to you mate. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Thanks! You clearly have great taste as I already had a few of those.....but had totally forgotten that those Caribou and Four Tet tunes came out in those years. floating Points worth a go as well. Cheers!, 

You’re welcome man, great minds think alike as they say ?? Assumed you wanted stuff that everyone would be familiar with, looking in to it looks like you’ve got a decent couple of years to play with. Be tempted to just play this twice me:

@Jeremy Irons and @FuzzyDunlop - cheers guys!!! 

Jezza (may I call you Jezza?), some of those are pretty epic. Not sure all of them can make the cut for the hour given the audience, BUT they are all most certainly making there way onto a new playlist which I've just decided to make all for myself :)  

And Fuzz...aaaah that George Fitzgerald remix! Totally forgot it came out then (probably didn't hear it until much later tbh) but so happy I found a way to legit play Open Eye Signal. Epic. 

Just now, Sasperella said:

@Jeremy Irons and @FuzzyDunlop - cheers guys!!! Couldn't load all those on my phone so only just got round to listening now.

Jezza (may I call you Jezza?), some of those are pretty epic. Not sure all of them can make the cut for the hour given the audience, BUT they are all most certainly making there way onto a new playlist which I've just decided to make all for myself :)  

And Fuzz...aaaah that George Fitzgerald remix! Totally forgot it came out then (probably didn't hear it until much later tbh) but so happy I found a way to legit play Open Eye Signal. Epic. 

18 hours ago, Sasperella said:

@Jeremy Irons and @FuzzyDunlop - cheers guys!!! 

You certainly may, haha yeah they're a bit heavier. Probably more of an insight into where I was in 14/15. 

7 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Wotcha team

Hope everyone is smashing, and looking forward to Christmas.

I've just booked to see Sonja Moonear and Nicolas Lutz in February, and am excited to be hitting up a minimal rave.

I've heard good things about E1, but never been there, so what can I expect?

Ben
x

Tremendous 

Happy Holidays Benjamin 

Edited by Mezhyp1
  • Like 1