Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

19 hours ago, Earth_pig said:

I was wondering when the next 'dance' act will headline the pyramid?

Chemical brothers seem to be consistent other headliners? Prodigy without Keith might not be a big a draw? Disclosure as someone mentioned don't seem likely.

Who could do it ? 

Could Justice make the leap? 

The behemoth that the festival has become are there any dance acts big enough to do it that aren’t Daft Punk? 

Chemical Brothers have obviously done it before and I think could do it again but seems they have turned The Other stage in to the Chemical Brothers stage now.

Basement Jaxx, The Prodigy, Orbital, Kraftwerk any of them big enough?

19 hours ago, Earth_pig said:

I was wondering when the next 'dance' act will headline the pyramid?

Chemical brothers seem to be consistent other headliners? Prodigy without Keith might not be a big a draw? Disclosure as someone mentioned don't seem likely.

Who could do it ? 

On popularity it will should a DJ.

It wouldn't be one for the purists. I can imagine the people moaning.

My problem would be the DJ would be shit, but I'd love someone like Prydz to do it, rather than Calvin Harris.

13 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

On popularity it will should a DJ.

It wouldn't be one for the purists. I can imagine the people moaning.

My problem would be the DJ would be shit, but I'd love someone like Prydz to do it, rather than Calvin Harris.

As big as Calvin Harris is and I’m sure he could his fair share of guest vocal appearances, Prydz would definitely be the bigger spectacle. His light show rivals if not better The Chemical Brothers, that Holo light show will bend your brain inside and out.

1 hour ago, lukethekid said:

Chemical Brothers have obviously done it before and I think could do it again but seems they have turned The Other stage in to the Chemical Brothers stage now.

Comically I actually find it weird seeing them anywhere other than that stage now and always find myself yearning for the field. 

Massively want a dance headliner on the pyramid, would be incredible.

One thing Bestival used to do was have a DJ on before the headliner whilst they were setting all the equipment etc up. Great memories of James Blake on just before someone (The Cure maybe?) Would love Glasto to do something similar, as it doesn't really require much.  

Festive / Future Clubbing Plans.

Has anyone got anything booked in?

I am going to Sheffield on 27th December to Gatecrasher. There is a classic trance room and I am going old skool. Not been to a classic trance night in a long time. Should be a giggle. Nothing else around Christmas though.

Pleasurekraft and Spektre at Gorilla in mid Feb 

DJ Rush at Hidden at the end of February

Then I am playing at Alter Ego in Manchester on March 14th for Majefa. A trance and techno night. I am warm up, but I can still bang it a bit.

Otherwise my cupboard is bare. Anyone got anything going on?

On 12/6/2019 at 4:17 PM, eastynh said:

Been listening to quite a bit of Simian Mobile Disco recently. Are they still a thing? Or is James Ford now the go to producer for the elite?

I see SMD at Wireless, the daft punk day. Clavin Harris was on before them and Digitalism was after iirc. Looking back that was an incredible  line up

10 hours ago, Slugworth said:

I see SMD at Wireless, the daft punk day. Clavin Harris was on before them and Digitalism was after iirc. Looking back that was an incredible  line up

Only just discovered Digitalism ?

Getting well into them though, they are right up my street.

Todd terje played found a place at homobloc, i’d forgotten what a stone cold classic it was!

Gerd Janson is just a wonderful party dj, played a blinder on friday in leeds. This was new to me (wont be to some of you!) but i loved it, recognising the sample!

One of those things he did which was clever is mix outlander vamp in after marie davidson work it soulwax as they really do sound similar! 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Todd terje played found a place at homobloc, i’d forgotten what a stone cold classic it was!

Gerd Janson is just a wonderful party dj, played a blinder on friday in leeds. This was new to me (wont be to some of you!) but i loved it, recognising the sample!

One of those things he did which was clever is mix outlander vamp in after marie davidson work it soulwax as they really do sound similar! 

I’m going to Hidden in Manchester to see Gerd on the 27th. Really looking forward to a dance. It’s been a while! 

53 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Ahh I’m so glad this is getting played out. It was suggested to me by Spotify a few months back and had been resigned to the fact the only place I’d hear it loud would be in my own headphones!

2 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Think he’s a fellow scouser Tony Lionni but I’m not 100% sure, me mate spoke to him once and I’m sure he said he was from Liverpool but lives in London now.
Another absolute piano banger.