Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Well once again Raresh, Rhadoo, Petre Inspirescu played an absolutely stellar set at fabric. The professionalism that they bring to their sets is something completely unmatched, and their mixing and selection is completely flawless as usual.

It is a dream to get one of them (or all three) on the farm, but I don’t think Glastonbury can find somewhere where they can DJ uninterrupted for hours on end.

28 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Well once again Raresh, Rhadoo, Petre Inspirescu played an absolutely stellar set at fabric. The professionalism that they bring to their sets is something completely unmatched, and their mixing and selection is completely flawless as usual.

It is a dream to get one of them (or all three) on the farm, but I don’t think Glastonbury can find somewhere where they can DJ uninterrupted for hours on end.

I saw Raresh on his own years ago in Liverpool at Nation for one of the nights curated by Circus, didn’t know who he was at the time, this must have been about 2008/9ish whilst he was on I turned to my mate and said “This guy will be absolutely massive, he’s a complete master of his craft”. Then found out he was part of a trio, never saw a:rpia:r together but I saw Raresh again he played before Villalobos in DC10 a couple of years later and again he proved he was a complete genius in what he was doing. Would love to see him again, be nice to see the 3 of them together. 

On 12/6/2019 at 4:17 PM, eastynh said:

Been listening to quite a bit of Simian Mobile Disco recently. Are they still a thing? Or is James Ford now the go to producer for the elite?

The first time I saw The Chemical Brothers in 2007 (possibly the first ever rave experience I ever had) they were supported by Simian Mobile Disco. Walked in to the equestrian centre at Aintree a racecourse, a big hangar like shell of a building. Took one step in and there was 2 fellas playing with boxes on a little table on the stage at the end of this massive space completely pitch black apart from a couple of red striplights on the stage, this is what they were playing. Absolutely loved it. 

3 hours ago, lukethekid said:

I saw Raresh on his own years ago in Liverpool at Nation for one of the nights curated by Circus, didn’t know who he was at the time, this must have been about 2008/9ish whilst he was on I turned to my mate and said “This guy will be absolutely massive, he’s a complete master of his craft”. Then found out he was part of a trio, never saw a:rpia:r together but I saw Raresh again he played before Villalobos in DC10 a couple of years later and again he proved he was a complete genius in what he was doing. Would love to see him again, be nice to see the 3 of them together. 

Yeah nice. Definitely save up some pennies and see them in fabric. They tend to play very true to themselves in there and know how to pace a 8+ hour set. Also, the Soundsystem in that room makes all of their tunes sound heightened and intense. 

Raresh mixes with complete ease, and as a trio sometimes you forget it’s technically a b2b — it’s that good!

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:17 PM, eastynh said:

Been listening to quite a bit of Simian Mobile Disco recently. Are they still a thing? Or is James Ford now the go to producer for the elite?

They released an album just last year and played it live at the Barbican, but Jas Shaw has an incurable bone marrow illness, so unsure if they will be either regularly making new music or playing live anymore.

19 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah nice. Definitely save up some pennies and see them in fabric. They tend to play very true to themselves in there and know how to pace a 8+ hour set. Also, the Soundsystem in that room makes all of their tunes sound heightened and intense. 

Raresh mixes with complete ease, and as a trio sometimes you forget it’s technically a b2b — it’s that good!

I’ve never been to Fabric, always wanted to go but I never got round to it. My clubbing career although wouldn’t say is completely over nights out are definitely few and very very far between now. So making the jaunt from Liverpool to London is potentially pushing the boat a bit too far, especially considering that a night out in Manchester is seeming like more of a challenge than before. 

13 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think this on the farm would do very nicely @lukethekid

Can’t I.D them but I agree would definitely go down a treat on the farm, where would they play though? Especially if they wanted to deliver a marathon set? SE corner? Wouldn’t know where though.

5 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

I’ve never been to Fabric, always wanted to go but I never got round to it. My clubbing career although wouldn’t say is completely over nights out are definitely few and very very far between now. So making the jaunt from Liverpool to London is potentially pushing the boat a bit too far, especially considering that a night out in Manchester is seeming like more of a challenge than before. 

Can’t I.D them but I agree would definitely go down a treat on the farm, where would they play though? Especially if they wanted to deliver a marathon set? SE corner? Wouldn’t know where though.

It’s probably never going to happen. They are probably too big and they do too well losing their own thing, but it is nice to dream.

Ah Fabric is worth it. Plan ahead and you can mitigate a lot of costs, but it’s gotta be done at least once!

3 hours ago, Matt - Ed Banger Records said:

They released an album just last year and played it live at the Barbican, but Jas Shaw has an incurable bone marrow illness, so unsure if they will be either regularly making new music or playing live anymore.

They did a show in March this year with the deep throat choir so I don’t think they’ve completely given up on shows and Glastonbury 50 potentially that little bit more of a special one off? Hope so, they’re brilliant live. I think if they did it they could easily have the Hot Chip Park headline slot from this year.

Edit: Just saw that they’ve got a couple of DJ sets coming up over New Year and a couple of weeks later, don’t know if that’ll just be James Ford on his own or both of them. 

Edited by lukethekid

10 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Edit: Just saw that they’ve got a couple of DJ sets coming up over New Year and a couple of weeks later, don’t know if that’ll just be James Ford on his own or both of them. 

if anything it'll be Jas on his own and no ford.

they were incredible live back in the day playing the 2006-2010 stuff, its a shame they've given up the live show in that regard. their newer stuff is a bit more experimental / inaccessible isnt it.

Edited by Memory Man

7 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

if anything it'll be Jas on his own and no ford.

they were incredible live back in the day playing the 2006-2010 stuff, its a shame they've given up the live show in that regard. their newer stuff is a bit more experimental / inaccessible isnt it.

Why would it be Jas on his own if he’s the one suffering with an illness? 

Attack Decay Sustain Release is still a phenomenal album but I suppose you need to constantly evolve what you’re doing as an electronic musician. I like the album with the Deep Throat Choir I think some of it sounds really good, I don’t know how it transcribes live but if it’s worked well in the shows they’ve done in the past then I think it could also work well on the farm. 

4 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Why would it be Jas on his own if he’s the one suffering with an illness? 

Attack Decay Sustain Release is still a phenomenal album but I suppose you need to constantly evolve what you’re doing as an electronic musician. I like the album with the Deep Throat Choir I think some of it sounds really good, I don’t know how it transcribes live but if it’s worked well in the shows they’ve done in the past then I think it could also work well on the farm. 

im not sure i've ever known James Ford appear at an SMD dj set. others may correct me but i am almost certain shaw alone does the DJ sets. Shaw did the recent bugged out printworks appearance. he is likely well enough to do the odd gig here or there, but not to tour relentlessly

also they're playing headrow house in leeds on NYE and i just cannot imagine James Ford being there rather than at a nice little private london party with his music mates or family. he is far too big news as a producer to be djing a free entry 250 capacity gig in leeds on new years eve. he would not need the money from these appearances whatsoever where shaw likely would.

Edited by Memory Man

7 hours ago, lukethekid said:

They did a show in March this year with the deep throat choir so I don’t think they’ve completely given up on shows and Glastonbury 50 potentially that little bit more of a special one off? Hope so, they’re brilliant live. I think if they did it they could easily have the Hot Chip Park headline slot from this year.

Jas Shaw has been drip feeding solo releases this year, yet to hear any of them but the feedback I've heard has been pretty good.

+1 for seeing SMD live though - saw them at Primavera Sound in 2008 and at the Academy in Oxford possibly the same year and they blew my head off. Brilliant act.

2 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

How did I forget about them haha !

Probably because with every year that passes, the likelihood of them playing decreases?  

Otherwise I'm really struggling to think of a dance/electronic act at the moment that have a broad enough appeal to headline The Pyramid.  I guess there's guys like Calvin Harris, Diplo, Guetta and  Axwell/Ingrosso who are definitely big enough but I struggle to see them headlining.

If Disclosure's next album has the same impact as Settle then they could be in contention 

On 12/6/2019 at 9:21 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

For anyone interested. This is an hour of Carl Cox's Boomtown set. 

It was really good. The best I have seen him ina long time. Miles better than Arcadia this year. I am gutted it doesnt show how he started though

Fucking hell, @FuzzyDunlop!

Why in the name of Eavis didn't he play a set like that on the Farm? That set at Pangea would have been incredible.

Gah!

Ben

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Fucking hell, @FuzzyDunlop!

Why in the name of Eavis didn't he play a set like that on the Farm? That set at Pangea would have been incredible.

Gah!

Ben

It's top isn't it? This is only the last hour. He was nails... if anything the first hour was better than the 2nd!

I completely agree re: Pangea. Im not a fan of Jamie Jones. I am blaming him for that set!