Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, Jeremy Irons said:

I feel like Space must have been such a different animal. Only ever been to Hi and that was for the first time this year and I did not enjoy it.

I’ve never been to Hi, don’t really know what they’ve done to it. But Space was a special special club.

55 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

I’ve never been to Hi, don’t really know what they’ve done to it. But Space was a special special club.

Agreed... especially back in the open air terrace days.  Nothing like it!

6 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Bicep headlining Field Day. Buzzing to see them start headlining the mid sized festivals! 

Really hoping they headline Love Saves the Day in Bristol as well. 

Really hope they're headlining one of the main stages. The Park against Macca would be tremendous 

9 minutes ago, Zacko said:

Bicep headlining Field Day. Buzzing to see them start headlining the mid sized festivals! 

Really hoping they headline Love Saves the Day in Bristol as well. 

I'm really looking forward to their Brixton set in March! Hopefully either them or Orbital on Sunday night vs T-Swift (sorry Mezhyp1). 

Hello!

Long time lurker, but first time poster here.

Just wanted to chime in and say Chapter 10's final night at Bloc on Saturday was very emotional, but great to see Midland close proceedings. Strange that he used his real name this time, but I guess he's Chapter 10 family at this point.

Also, the new release from Randomer is really something.

42 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

For anyone interested. This is an hour of Carl Cox's Boomtown set. 

It was really good. The best I have seen him ina long time. Miles better than Arcadia this year. I am gutted it doesnt show how he started though

I am in the resale club this year :( so have boomtown as a potential alternate option. Whats your general view on it - worth it? Stage sets look amazing!

44 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Would think it'd be fine, Block 9 definitely won't book him so it'd need to be that 

I thought it might be the case that Block 9 wouldn't go for his style / fee. I still think JP is too small, The Streets last year packed it out and my view is that Prydz would draw a bigger crowd than them. Its always hard to judge with these things though so perhaps you are right.  

2 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

I am in the resale club this year :( so have boomtown as a potential alternate option. Whats your general view on it - worth it? Stage sets look amazing!

100% worth it. Absolutely, with no hesitation. 

I said in October that I was only doing 1 big festival in 2020. If I miss out on Glastonbury, Im not bothered, Ill go to Boomtown as it is that good. I have been to the last 2 Boomtowns. It's brilliant. It's more intense than Glastonbury, but I really like it. 

They take the time & effort into all the stages and areas. To a degree that Glastonbury cant even match. 

If you are debating it, go! Honestly. My mates are going again, but I decided just Glastobury for me. Only so I can do something else. I am still seriously tempted to go back though. I love Boomtown.

9 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

I said in October that I was only doing 1 big festival in 2020. If I miss out on Glastonbury, Im not as bothered as I used to be. Ill go to Boomtown as it is that good. I have been to the last 2 Boomtowns. It's brilliant. It's more intense than Glastonbury, but I really like it. 

They take the time & effort into all the stages and areas. To a degree that Glastonbury cant even match. 

If you are debating it, go! Honestly. My mates are going again, but I decided just Glastobury for me. Only so I can do something else. I am still seriously tempted to go back though. I love Boomtown

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I said in October that I was only doing 1 big festival in 2020. If I miss out on Glastonbury, Im not bothered, Ill go to Boomtown as it is that good. I have been to the last 2 Boomtowns. It's brilliant. It's more intense than Glastonbury, but I really like it. 

If you are debating it, go! Honestly. My mates are going again, but I decided just Glastobury for me. Only so I can do something else. I am still seriously tempted to go back though. I love Boomtown

So that's a maybe then ?

Cheers will deffo put it on my watch list. IOW and Latitude are the other options at the moment, different vibe to Boomtown and more daytime led which i don't mind, both have the Chems who i missed last year on the Other as we went to see Kosheen live (along with about 30 others in total) which was great, we just caught the end of the Chems set from the railway track and it looked immense. May do more than one, we will see. Cheers for the rec. 

I think Prydz could smash an Other headline slot. He’s had pretty impressive visuals and shows based around them over the last few years. Would certainly get a fairly decent crowd, would be a good fit up against Macca.

If Deadmau5 was deemed to have the chops for it then I’m sure there wouldn’t be a problem for Eric stepping up.

Every day, Shadows, Pjanoo, Beyond 8 to round a night off in Glasto and wonder into the night would be perfect!

1 hour ago, StevieGed said:

I think Prydz could smash an Other headline slot. He’s had pretty impressive visuals and shows based around them over the last few years. Would certainly get a fairly decent crowd, would be a good fit up against Macca.

If Deadmau5 was deemed to have the chops for it then I’m sure there wouldn’t be a problem for Eric stepping up.

Every day, Shadows, Pjanoo, Beyond 8 to round a night off in Glasto and wonder into the night would be perfect!

Prydz against Taylor Swift for me ideally as nothing is gonna drag me away from Macca or Kendrick.

Who we expecting in the Larry Herd IICON slot? Bicep? That would be something. 

52 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Prydz against Taylor Swift for me ideally as nothing is gonna drag me away from Macca or Kendrick.

Who we expecting in the Larry Herd IICON slot? Bicep? That would be something. 

Prydz closing the Other Sunday would be something mate as I’m in the same boat as you for Kendrick and Macca Friday/Saturday. With pretty much nothing at all which would lure me away from the pyramid. Be good to see him take that slot, would go down very well. 

• Upvote 1

When coming up with my fav tunes of the decade I considered some electronic ones, so this would probably be my list. This will undoubtedly change, as I keep thinking of other ones, but I've tried to think of tracks I've really got into at different points throughout the decade 

Kettenkarussel - Maybe
New Jackson - Having A Coke With You
Connan Mockasin - Former Dolphin Love (Erol Alkan Rework)
Midland - Final Credits 
Jamie XX - Girl
Fort Romeau - Secrets & Lies
Magnetic Man - I Need Air
Prime Minister of Doom - Deep In Your Heart
Omar S - Heard'chew Single
Tom Trago - Use Me Again (Carl Craig Rework)

• Upvote 1