Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 12/1/2019 at 5:35 PM, Upside down frowner said:

Without sounding like an old man in the mid 30’s, it is not as good as it was the first few times I went however I still enjoy going every year. There are still good places with interesting people (Las Dalias, Pikes, Cova Santa, some at Benimussa etc) beautiful beaches and villages.

Miss watching Car Cox at Space but he still smashed Privilege to pieces when we went in September. Think as I’ve got older, I’ve appreciated the other side of the island away from clubbing.

It just doesn’t interest me anymore yano, feel like the magic’s gone. Plus I refuse to go there now that Space isn’t Space anymore. I probably would go back and just avoid the clubbing part of the island because it is such a scenic place, I was baffled by the scenery the first time I went there.

8 minutes ago, Jeremy Irons said:

Kraftwerk announced for APE - got to be a chance they'll be at Glastonbury although I imagine fees are high. Heard that dimensions paid a bomb.

U.K. Exclusive apparently. They were very close to playing IICON last year according to Diamond who would have known. Would love them on the farm myself. 

10 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

The last entry time of 5pm really puts me off going to this, i've been umming and arring over whether to buy a ticket all morning.

Why not just get the ticket, then if you decide against it, sell it later? Rather than wait around and end up paying £40+ for it. Besides, maybe the acts before Orbital will be good too

block 9 have started releasing sets starting with A-Future https://thenycdownlow.com/2019/12/03/a-future-iicon-glastonbury-2019/

hopefully Haai’s to follow soon and me personally i want to listen back to freakenstein closing iicon on sunday as that was my highlight

edit - just seen this isn’t the first  mix that’s been released

Edited by joemason96

On 12/1/2019 at 9:14 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

We'd only been in Ibiza for about 6 or 7 hours. From memory  he came on at about 9pm on the Terrace & the place was packed.

Laurent Garnier, Fergie & Judge Jules were on too. What a night. Amazing times.

I last went to ibiza properly in 2012 & then my mate got married there in 2017. It is a different place now. Day parties don't exist. Its a shame

On 12/1/2019 at 5:35 PM, Upside down frowner said:

Without sounding like an old man in the mid 30’s, it is not as good as it was the first few times I went however I still enjoy going every year. There are still good places with interesting people (Las Dalias, Pikes, Cova Santa, some at Benimussa etc) beautiful beaches and villages.

Miss watching Car Cox at Space but he still smashed Privilege to pieces when we went in September. Think as I’ve got older, I’ve appreciated the other side of the island away from clubbing.

I’ve not been since 2009 opening parties but I’m going back next year for a friends stag week. I’ve not looked into it much but I know the by the end of my 10 year run the government was starting to clamp down on day parties and afters. 

What’s there that’s good now? I hear Bora Bora still operates but is it like it used to be? DC10?

I just decided I’d had enough back then and stopped going so I‘ve not kept up to date or paid any interest. 

7 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Why not just get the ticket, then if you decide against it, sell it later? Rather than wait around and end up paying £40+ for it. Besides, maybe the acts before Orbital will be good too

Turns out i'm most likely going to be on holiday so can't make it. However they've just released a gig on the 20th in Ireland so they're going to be active around Glasto, hopefully this means a set at the farm!

15 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Turns out i'm most likely going to be on holiday so can't make it. However they've just released a gig on the 20th in Ireland so they're going to be active around Glasto, hopefully this means a set at the farm!

Read something in another thread; they're going to be doing a 30th anniversary tour. So yeah, I'm sure you'll get to see them elsewhere, and I'd be shocked if they're not at the farm

17 hours ago, stuie said:

I’ve not been since 2009 opening parties but I’m going back next year for a friends stag week. I’ve not looked into it much but I know the by the end of my 10 year run the government was starting to clamp down on day parties and afters. 

What’s there that’s good now? I hear Bora Bora still operates but is it like it used to be? DC10?

I just decided I’d had enough back then and stopped going so I‘ve not kept up to date or paid any interest. 

From my last visit in 2017. -

Proper Day parties are seemingly no more. They have been replaced with Wayne Lineker's bar. Full of VIP areas and in my opinion taking it away from what the island was about. The island was about inclusivity. I met allsorts of people in Ibiza. At those kind of places, it's about being seen. Fuck off.

DC10 opens at about 8pm apparently. I haven't been there since 2007 though, so it is very different to back then.

Hii which was Space is apparently amazing. We didn't go, but my mates did and loved it.

Amnesia is similar to how you'll remember it. The main room DJ Booth is no longer above and the Booth on the Terrace is at the end, rather than that weird position in front of the toilets.

18 hours ago, Madyaker said:

I found this amazing youtube channel where this guy records funky house mixes with his kid and puts them on youtube. All vinyl and the kid has some skills, I think he's 11!

That kid is class. He is so legit too. He looks zoned out in some of the mixes, like he's pure loving the music. His dad just sort of looks on every now and again thinking "that's ma boy!!". That's what I'd be thinking anyway.

He drops Simon - Free At Last about 20 minutes into that video. Shine Belfast resident night anthem back in the day, gotta give it a mention for any aging Belfast ravers who lurk here (and they do). Great stuff.

Lol this is terrible, using an 11 year old DJ as a segue to plug my own mix. Here's the latest one I did. Bit of fun on the decks. Started off a wee bit electro/housey vibes then it somewhat descends into darkness.

Enjoy and thanks to anyone who watched my last video. It got more views than the other one I didn't post here, so I take it some of the views came from here. It's much appreciated.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

From my last visit in 2017. -

Proper Day parties are seemingly no more. They have been replaced with Wayne Lineker's bar. Full of VIP areas and in my opinion taking it away from what the island was about. The island was about inclusivity. I met allsorts of people in Ibiza. At those kind of places, it's about being seen. Fuck off.

DC10 opens at about 8pm apparently. I haven't been there since 2007 though, so it is very different to back then.

Hii which was Space is apparently amazing. We didn't go, but my mates did and loved it.

Amnesia is similar to how you'll remember it. The main room DJ Booth is no longer above and the Booth on the Terrace is at the end, rather than that weird position in front of the toilets.

Thanks for the reply.

Sounds like the vibe has changed.

To be honest, I'm going with low expectations so can only be pleasantly surprised.   It's either going to be an enjoyable experience to be back or I'm going to feel old and past it and want to get back to a UK field!

The good thing is that this trip is sandwiched in the middle of Glastonbury and Noisily 2020!

Houghton festival back on the 6th to 9th August. Tickets on sale feb 4th. They cancelled this year because of wind. I’ve wanted to go to this since 2017 but I can’t talk any of mates into it, even the glasto ones who live in the uk, so I’m thinking I might just go on my own but maybe not for 4 days.

Edited by Madyaker

On 11/29/2019 at 12:53 PM, FuzzyDunlop said:

A few of my top Clubbing moments ever....

2003 - Being 19 years old, still pretty new to serious clubbing and seeing Eddie Halliwell at the Republic in Sheffield. It blew me away. I'd never really experienced anything like it.

2005 - Space Ibiza - Erick Morillo. It was live on Radio one. 

My first trip to Gashouder in Amsterdam

Space Ibiza 2006 - Carl Cox playing this.....

Took the time to find that Erick Morillo set and holy shit you weren’t fucking around with that suggestion 

Edited by Jeremy Irons

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Spoke to jamie xx last night and he said that he hasn’t yet received a call. But his schedule is clear and if he gets one he will say yes.

Interesting. So do artists like Jamie xx, with a history of playing there, not also approach the festival themselves (i.e their management) and ask? He headlined the park, Emily's field. 

I'm certain, for example, Sasha plays when he wants. I.e every 2/3 years to spread it out. 

Anyone know? 

I guess it's 7 months away. 

Edited by danbailey80

2 hours ago, Jeremy Irons said:

Took the time to find that Erick Morillo set and holy shit you weren’t fucking around with that suggestion 

It was incredible. The set was 2 hours, the recording is only an hour long. The whole thing was unreal.

I remember Pete Tong being on next & shit.

There were loads on that night all over the club. It was like a mini festival.  Different styles etc.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

11 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It was incredible. The set was 2 hours, the recording is only an hour long. The whole thing was unreal.

I remember Pete Tong being on next & shit.

There were loads on that night all over the club. It was like a mini festival.  Different styles etc.

I feel like Space must have been such a different animal. Only ever been to Hi and that was for the first time this year and I did not enjoy it.