Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

For ubiquity as well, Fatima Yamaha - What's a Girl To Do.

fucking hell I never realised this was from 2004. That 2015 re-release meant it got hammered

Great shout. That DJ Haus edit was EVERYWHERE wasn't it.

Interestingly I found that it was everywhere for a slightly shorter period of time than Au Seve or Latch was - always thought that was indicative of how much the musical landscape had shifted in just three or four years in terms of streaming and tune shelf-life. Then again I suppose maybe it was just because it was a pre-existing tune and I just love to theorise haha. 

Funnily enough I'm listening to Craigs Charles' House Party on BBC Sounds in the office right now and Inspector Norse is playing. Smasher. 

5 minutes ago, Zacko said:

It's been a bloody good decade hasn't it? 

Certainly has.

Don’t know if you can embed videos from Facebook but this was unbelievable, the last (or one of) events that ever happened inside that little club. Possibly my favourite clubbing moment ever.

https://m.facebook.com/AbandonSilenceLiverpool/videos/1092175717473779/?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Fstory.php&_rdr

43 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

Certainly has.

Don’t know if you can embed videos from Facebook but this was unbelievable, the last (or one of) events that ever happened inside that little club. Possibly my favourite clubbing moment ever.

https://m.facebook.com/AbandonSilenceLiverpool/videos/1092175717473779/?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.facebook.com%2Fstory.php&_rdr

Wow, so good! 

That's another great question for this thread actually - Favourite clubbing moment ever? I'll have to have a think about mine. 

Printworks just announced their first shows of the 2020 Spring/Summer season. Most exciting for me is Orbital (Live) + TBA guests. It's on the 14th of March, 12:00-23:00.

But one thing I find odd is the price: "from £22.50". Aren't Orbital shows usually more expensive than that? Seems too cheap and it's making worried theres some kind of catch

On 11/27/2019 at 2:37 PM, Mezhyp1 said:

Hadn't heard this in several yonks and Laurent Garnier played it at Sonar a couple years ago, was extremely good. Mind you, it came out in about 2004 originally 

If this was at either his 2015 or 2018 set, both occupy my top two sets ever. 2018 probably edges 2015 but both were amazing, think he played Rej at the start of 2018. 

Edited by Jeremy Irons

2 hours ago, Zacko said:

Wow, so good! 

That's another great question for this thread actually - Favourite clubbing moment ever? I'll have to have a think about mine. 

There’s a few contenders,

• That moment when Hebden played his remix of Opus.

• Visionquest playing Get Get Down by Paul Johnson at 07:30am in DC10 in about 2011, sun gleaming through the windows of the terrace.

• The first time seeing The Chemical Brothers in 2007 (Aintree Racecourse). 

• The tfirst time stumbling across trance at Gatecrasher Summer Sound System 2008ish, Paul Van Dyk was playing.

•Laurent Garnier playing open to close Circus at The Masque 2009 (I think). 

They’re my top 5 

Edit: There’s definitely gonna be more that gets added to this list

Edited by lukethekid
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If I picked 100 tracks of the decade, Prydz would have at least 10 in there. Will 2020 be the year he returns to the farm...? 

Friday night JP headliner is the dream, but I think he'd be too expensive.

I think a dance headliner in there would work.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

1 hour ago, Jeremy Irons said:

If this was at either his 2015 or 2018 set, both occupy my top two sets ever. 2018 probably edges 2015 but both were amazing, think he played Rej at the start of 2018. 

It was 2018 yeah. Think he played that Howling around the same time eery goodness 

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Friday night JP headliner is the dream, but I think he'd be too expensive.

I think a dance headliner in there would work.

Oooosh, now you're talking, Fuzz. Not a bad way to start the evening's festivities. 

I think he'd be for up it as long as he got a prominent spot and could combine the weekend with some other one-off shows. He sells out large venues in minutes, plays high up (if not headlines) at most dance festivals, has a ridiculous back catalogue of tunes (most of em unreleased) yet he's probably deemed not on par with the likes of Deadmau5 or Major Lazer to headline the Other. The EPiC setup would be too big for a festival but the Holo show would light up that Other like never before. Would make the Chemical Brothers look like a local disco. 

And to think he played in 09 in the Dance Village at about 9pm. Pretty much went unnoticed. 

3 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Oooosh, now you're talking, Fuzz. Not a bad way to start the evening's festivities. 

I think he'd be for up it as long as he got a prominent spot and could combine the weekend with some other one-off shows. He sells out large venues in minutes, plays high up (if not headlines) at most dance festivals, has a ridiculous back catalogue of tunes (most of em unreleased) yet he's probably deemed not on par with the likes of Deadmau5 or Major Lazer to headline the Other. The EPiC setup would be too big for a festival but the Holo show would light up that Other like never before. Would make the Chemical Brothers look like a local disco. 

And to think he played in 09 in the Dance Village at about 9pm. Pretty much went unnoticed. 

I was there! It was a good set, he's better now mind.