Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

18 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If anyone gets the chance, go and see Underworld on this tour. Just saw them at the Ziggodome and they were absolutely incredible. The production on this tour is off the scale and the setlist is great. The new ones bang. If you're going to WHP or Wembley you are in for a treat, this would be amazing in the John Peel tent next year.

Definite contender for show of 2019. Now excuse me, I'm off to lower the tone in the drunkard thread. 

I'm going to Wembley, very much looking forward to it. The Drift Sampler is excellent, I really like it. I've just uploaded the box set and extras download this weekend so that'll be my listening for the week!

18 hours ago, Zacko said:

Artwork did drop Hyph Mngo which was very bloody euphoric! 

Daphni played it at WHP end of October as well, i mean it wouldn't be the worst track to have a big ol' rennaisance!

Might not be everyone's cup of tea but was lucky to go to chemical brothers at Manchester Arena and goodness me it was epic. It was very similar to glastonbury but to see it that bit more up close and with the highest quality production level was very special. Long live the brothers and everyone who makes their show happen as they have clearly got the best crew and lighting people going.

Got to see 2ManyDJ's before chems and also afterwards back in sunny leeds and they're not the most on trend thing these days but what they do, they do exceptionally well. You can't help but enjoy their selections as they just cram them in one after another and assault you! It moves so quickly, they just distil the well known bangers of the last couple of years plus classics into a manic 2 hours. Top bois.

was a mad weekend across club land and i Managed to miss:

Call Super Etc at mint warehouse

Hessle Audio at Subdub

Optimo at distrikt.

god damn - just too much going on! I also missed Giant Swan as they were in Leeds on Thursday but couldnt really justify a late night with work the next day but my bristol mates tell me their show on saturday there was a worldy.

Edited by Memory Man
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Memory Man said:

Daphni played it at WHP end of October as well, i mean it wouldn't be the worst track to have a big ol' rennaisance!

Might not be everyone's cup of tea but was lucky to go to chemical brothers at Manchester Arena and goodness me it was epic. It was very similar to glastonbury but to see it that bit more up close and with the highest quality production level was very special. Long live the brothers and everyone who makes their show happen as they have clearly got the best crew and lighting people going.

Got to see 2ManyDJ's before chems and also afterwards back in sunny leeds and they're not the most on trend thing these days but what they do, they do exceptionally well. You can't help but enjoy their selections as they just cram them in one after another and assault you! It moves so quickly, they just distil the well known bangers of the last couple of years plus classics into a manic 2 hours. Top bois.

was a mad weekend across club land and i Managed to miss:

Call Super Etc at mint warehouse

Hessle Audio at Subdub

Optimo at distrikt.

god damn - just too much going on! I also missed Giant Swan as they were in Leeds on Thursday but couldnt really justify a late night with work the next day but my bristol mates tell me their show on saturday there was a worldy.

I'm pretty sure DJ Stingray was in Leeds over the weekend too - I know this as Child 3 is at university there, loves electro, and was slightly miffed to have to come home for the weekend as it was his girlfriend's birthday!

:)

Ben

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

I'm pretty sure DJ Stingray was in Leeds over the weekend too - I know this as Child 3 is at university there, loves electro, and was slightly miffed to have to come home for the weekend as it was his girlfriend's birthday!

:)

Ben

yeah that was the call super / stingray / bone / paranoid london night!

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Just been listening to some LTJ Bukem and MC Conrad from the late 90s/00s. Progression Sessions. The dream team. Wish they'd make up and play The Glade..  if only. 

I would love this to happen! I'm a huge fan! Get Blame to join in the fun too!

Edited by Johnnyseven
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Thinking about the album of the year/decade made me think of the electronic tracks of the decade..... may report back in a month or so. If anyone could narrow it down to 5 that'd be impressive

More than five but for me it's something like the below. More tracks that I think we're massively influential in clubs/culture, not necessarily my all time favourites (although saying that, it wouldn't be too different...)

• Jam City - Classical Curves (the whole album)
  • Rustie - Ultra Thizz 
  • TNGHT - Higher Ground
  • Jamie xx - Far Nearer
  • Blawan – Why They Hide Their Bodies Under My Garage
  • Omar S - Thank U 4 Letting Me Be Myself    
  • Julio Bashmore - Au Seve
  • Todd Terje - Inspector Norse
  • Joy Orbison - Hyph Mngo
  • Objekt - Theme from Q
  • Disclosure - Latch
  • Bicep - Glue

I don't think you could go anywhere in 2012/2013 and NOT hear Latch or Au Seve

Edited by Zacko
  • Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

You know Hyph Mngo was one of the first that came to my mind, but it was 2009 

so you're disqualified 

Christ, I could have sworn it came out in my first year of Uni (end of 2010), it really shows that your hazy club memories are often not entirely accurate!

https://djmag.com/features/10-years-joy-how-hyph-mngo-changed-game

Having a read of this, never seen it before. Fantastic.

(Feels weird to have mentioned Hyph Mngo on efestivals multiple times within a month, but I'm here for it)

Edited by Zacko

2 hours ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Thinking about the album of the year/decade made me think of the electronic tracks of the decade..... may report back in a month or so. If anyone could narrow it down to 5 that'd be impressive

I suspect mine will be quite different to other peoples, but these are some of my favourites, not saying the best - but ones that jumped out when I thought about favs. No doubt I will add to these and there are thousands of others.....

Clouds - Chained to a dead Camel

Ame - Rej

Victor Ruiz - Down Under

Todd Terje - Inspector Norse

Alan Fitzpatrick  - Skeksis

Edited by FuzzyDunlop
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I suspect mine will be quite different to other peoples, but these are some of my favourites, not saying the best - but ones that jumped out when I thought about favs. No doubt I will add to these and there are thousands of others.....

Clouds - Chained to a dead Camel

Ame - Rej

Victor Ruiz - Down Under

Todd Terje - Inspector Norse

Alan Fitzpatrick  - Skeksis

Hadn't heard this in several yonks and Laurent Garnier played it at Sonar a couple years ago, was extremely good. Mind you, it came out in about 2004 originally 

13 hours ago, Zacko said:

I don't think you could go anywhere in 2012/2013 and NOT hear Latch or Au Seve

For ubiquity as well, Fatima Yamaha - What's a Girl To Do.

fucking hell I never realised this was from 2004. That 2015 re-release meant it got hammered

Edited by Tuna