Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

3 hours ago, Kashkin said:

Hi everyone. We have a very frustrating situation where a friend-of-a-friend offered to get us Bicep tickets using the O2 pre-sale, and said they had got them, but then announced today that actually they hadn't. If we'd known sooner, we could have tried in the sale this morning! I know a second date has been announced, but all our friends are going on the Friday. So, it might be a long shot but if anyone hears of anyone trying to offload tickets closer to the time, please give me a shout?

I'm sure you'll get people preferring to go on the Saturday and wanting to swap. Go to facebook event and suggest it. Always meet in person though as lots of scams around. 

2 hours ago, Kashkin said:

Thank you, I was aware of Twickets but hadn't come across Ticket Swap before, will keep an eye on that.

There's Scarlet Mist too and I think Dice does tickets as well. It's worth asking on the Bicep fan group on Facebook, I was able to pick up a standing Underworld ticket that way. I've seem loads of event pages on FB where people post tickets for sale too  but it does tend to be nearer to the event though.

Edited by Johnnyseven

47 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Off to WHP tonight for the first time, what’s security been like at the new place?

Same old. Seen couple of lads dragged from the crowd and quite violently pulled into search box. Fairly relaxed on entering the venue mind. Coupla of dogs too, if the info is any use to you.

15 hours ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Off to WHP tonight for the first time, what’s security been like at the new place?

Not found any issue with bad searches last weekends at WHP.

What did you think of last night? Not sure if it was where we were stood but thought crowd was flat. For the Luciano set it felt like people were waiting for Topping but then didn’t get going when he came on. Not a massive fan of his set but that allows us to watch Paco Osuna who was good

Bought a ticket from the touts outside for £40 

21 hours ago, Kashkin said:

Thank you, I was aware of Twickets but hadn't come across Ticket Swap before, will keep an eye on that.

Quick tip for Ticketswap - Set your phone so it doesn't auto lock.

With super popular events like this Bicep one the tickets can be snapped up in literally seconds, so not having to unlock your phone often makes the difference when you see the notification and you're scrambling to get them. 

Managed to get about 10 Glitterbox tickets for mates using this method a year or so back.

3 hours ago, Upside down frowner said:

Not found any issue with bad searches last weekends at WHP.

What did you think of last night? Not sure if it was where we were stood but thought crowd was flat. For the Luciano set it felt like people were waiting for Topping but then didn’t get going when he came on. Not a massive fan of his set but that allows us to watch Paco Osuna who was good

Bought a ticket from the touts outside for £40 

Enjoyed the night overall, the venue is seriously impressive as well. Did feel a bit flat for Luciano I know what you mean.

Thought Kink was really good beforehand though, did you catch any of FJAAK? Not usually by thing but thought they were absolutely banging, crowd was well up for it in there as well.

On 11/5/2019 at 7:45 AM, ravermum said:

Morning all. Stop what you’re doing and listen to this. The perfect counterbalance to a dark, rainy Tuesday. Let me preface by saying that I cannot bear Neutron Dance by Krystal Klear, which made me almost not give this a whirl but I was feeling open-minded, so... Many levels of disco, house, old school, some electronic pop on the lines of Pet Shop Boys, it’s not a dark, moody 2am number, it’s a thing of complete joy. I’m on my third listen in 24 hours ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0009t7f

On my second listen, it's hard to say this with certainty but I think it might be my favourite Essential Mix ever. It's rare I listen to an entire mix in one sitting these days, but this is just so perfect. 

When Capricorn - Love in London came in...jeeeeeez.

Edited by Zacko
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zacko said:

On my second listen, it's hard to say this with certainty but I think it might be my favourite Essential Mix ever. It's rare I listen to an entire mix in one sitting these days, but this is just so perfect. 

When Capricorn - Love in London came in...jeeeeeez.

Same, so many moments in there - pure quality 

Homobloc was unreal! Fair to say the ladies on main stage won the night for me (bar Black Madonna which I had no intention seeing). Haven’t seen anyone in Concourse as it was too busy anytime I passed by. Little bit disappointed by Haai, but after her Glastonbury set Nothings gonna cut it.

On 11/10/2019 at 12:46 PM, Jay89 said:

Homobloc was unreal! Fair to say the ladies on main stage won the night for me (bar Black Madonna which I had no intention seeing). Haven’t seen anyone in Concourse as it was too busy anytime I passed by. Little bit disappointed by Haai, but after her Glastonbury set Nothings gonna cut it.

Yeah Homobloc was incredible! One of the best nights I’ve had in a long time, and a wicked crowd! Never really been a fan of WHP’s and the venues but have to say Mayfield is brilliant.

Didn’t see too much on main stage, thought the sound could have been better on there but Concourse and Archive was spot on.

Erol Alkan B2B Ivan Smagghe stole the show for me. Haai was alright but left after a bit for Midland on Concourse who was much better, but it was rammed for him. Young Marco and Prosumer were great too.

17 hours ago, pepesilvia said:

saw Mall Grab in Belfast on Saturday, not sure of the general consensus on his sets but I thought he was incredible! Every tune was massive and I haven't raved like that in ages.

Yeah I caught him in Dublin on Friday and it was banging. Loads of his own stuff in the set I think. The last time I saw was a few years ago and it was totally different, more house than proper techno this was much better. I got Digweed and Sasha next in two weeks!

Anyone going to Ross from Friends / Flume tonight in London?  Have two spare tickets.

Twickets are stopping me from selling there as the lead booker needs to be there at same time with ID. I can't even transfer tickets to my friends who want to arrive a bit later. Anyway I plan on entering at 730 if anyone is keen to buy the tickets. 

Is anyone on here a fan of the romo stuff? The annual RPR showcase at Fabric is coming up and I’m very excited. Haven’t been to Fabric in a long time - but it’s always a highlight of the year.

Would love to see the RPR boys on the farm but I reckon they are way too expensive and probably not that arsed. They prefer to play to their own fans.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is anyone on here a fan of the romo stuff? The annual RPR showcase at Fabric is coming up and I’m very excited. Haven’t been to Fabric in a long time - but it’s always a highlight of the year.

Would love to see the RPR boys on the farm but I reckon they are way too expensive and probably not that arsed. They prefer to play to their own fans.

Always wanted that kind of stuff in the depth of night in the se corner, but never expect it to happen. Scenes from Houghton as they go on for hours and hours always look unbelievable