Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

6 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

Heard nothing but good things about the White Hotel, reckon I'll be taking a trip up to Manchester early next year to give it a whirl.

It's just a warehouse club, nothing to set it apart from others I have been to. It's just got an classic rave feel that a lot don't have. I.e.  Not in the city centre / you have to know where it is, pretty basic.

35 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

It's just a warehouse club, nothing to set it apart from others I have been to. It's just got an classic rave feel that a lot don't have. I.e.  Not in the city centre / you have to know where it is, pretty basic.

Should clarify, I’m going to be up there anyway visiting friends, I’m not going specifically for the club.

42 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

You are honestly the only person I’ve ever seen who doesn’t love it. What more do you want from a venue anyway? The atmosphere is always great when I’ve been say I’ve been 10-15 times now. 

7 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

You are honestly the only person I’ve ever seen who doesn’t love it. What more do you want from a venue anyway? The atmosphere is always great when I’ve been say I’ve been 10-15 times now. 

Only been twice. There have been loads of people just outside for a lot of it, which is a sign the club isnt the best. Too hot or not enough room. Especially as the tunes were good.

Soundsystem is decent, but I think it is pretty cramped.

No laser system when I have been either. I am not asking for Gashouder, but I want something. 

I have prefered a lot of venues compared to it. I don't mind it, but I just think it's ok.

34 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Only been twice. There have been loads of people just outside for a lot of it, which is a sign the club isnt the best. Too hot or not enough room. Especially as the tunes were good.

Soundsystem is decent, but I think it is pretty cramped.

No laser system when I have been either. I am not asking for Gashouder, but I want something. 

I have prefered a lot of venues compared to it. I don't mind it, but I just think it's ok.

Fair enough. I think more lighting would ruin it’s atmosphere. 

They book great people. It sounds good. Nobody is a bellend. Great atmosphere. It’s dark which is the most underrated thing in a club for me. It’s intimate without being unbearable. Can go about your business in peace. 

I think it’s brilliant. All I want from a nightclub.

On 11/5/2019 at 7:45 AM, ravermum said:

Who’s at Homobloc on Saturday by the way?

Yep I'll be there. Plenty of clashes and have yet to work out my timetable. Be good to see the new WHP, did the Bicep live show at Mayfield last year but was only in the main room. Shame Optimo are on so early but will getting in there for them.

3 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Fair enough. I think more lighting would ruin it’s atmosphere. 

They book great people. It sounds good. Nobody is a bellend. Great atmosphere. It’s dark which is the most underrated thing in a club for me. It’s intimate without being unbearable. Can go about your business in peace. 

I think it’s brilliant. All I want from a nightclub.

I'm with Tommy here, White Hotel is my favourite club in the country atm! Special place. Hector Oaks in there a few weeks ago was brilliant!

Edited by davesrave

1 hour ago, davesrave said:

I'm with Tommy here, White Hotel is my favourite club in the country atm! Special place. Hector Oaks in there a few weeks ago was brilliant!

I have read people say how good they think it is. I was surprised that it was the same place I went to. I never liked Sankeys when that was in town. I never had a decent night in there really... everyone loved it.

Leeds was always better than Manchester for me. Stinkeys, Mission & Northern Light were all top clubs. 

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

8 hours ago, davesrave said:

Yep I'll be there. Plenty of clashes and have yet to work out my timetable. Be good to see the new WHP, did the Bicep live show at Mayfield last year but was only in the main room. Shame Optimo are on so early but will getting in there for them.

Ah I didn’t end up going Hector Oaks. My mates had booked him few weeks before in Dublin too said was he sick.

I’m going SPFDJ at Cotton in a few weeks, have you been there yet? Be my first time looks really good. Anyone else been?

34 minutes ago, Acid Loafers said:

Managed to snag some Bicep @ Brixton Academy. 

Kind of had to, it's on my doorstep! 

11 minutes ago, EZYSEY said:

Managed to bag a couple this morning. rest of my mates got put on a waiting list.

Standing sold out in seconds so well played. I'll hopefully get a couple tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised to see them add Saturday night. 

29 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Standing sold out in seconds so well played. I'll hopefully get a couple tomorrow. Wouldn't be surprised to see them add Saturday night. 

Wasn't expecting to see the live show back so soon so i'm hoping we'll hear some new material between now and then.

14 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I have read people say how good they think it is. I was surprised that it was the same place I went to. I never liked Sankeys when that was in town. I never had a decent night in there really... everyone loved it.

Leeds was always better than Manchester for me. Stinkeys, Mission & Northern Light were all top clubs. 

Yeah have to agree with Leeds, always a top night there and had some great Sunday afternoons at Stinkeys back when at uni.

6 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Ah I didn’t end up going Hector Oaks. My mates had booked him few weeks before in Dublin too said was he sick.

I’m going SPFDJ at Cotton in a few weeks, have you been there yet? Be my first time looks really good. Anyone else been?

Not tried Cotton yet, but very tempted for SPFDJ. Going to Veronica Vasicka & Silent Servant the week before at TWH so will have to see. 

23 hours ago, EZYSEY said:

Wasn't expecting to see the live show back so soon so i'm hoping we'll hear some new material between now and then.

I managed to get tickets this morning so can actually get excited about it ?

But yeah, glad the show's back. I imagine we'll get new music between, and news of when the next album drops. Basing that off absolutely nothing though! 

On 11/6/2019 at 5:30 PM, Tommy Dickfingers said:

plus the bar is pretty interesting / different and the staff are really nice

Hi everyone. We have a very frustrating situation where a friend-of-a-friend offered to get us Bicep tickets using the O2 pre-sale, and said they had got them, but then announced today that actually they hadn't. If we'd known sooner, we could have tried in the sale this morning! I know a second date has been announced, but all our friends are going on the Friday. So, it might be a long shot but if anyone hears of anyone trying to offload tickets closer to the time, please give me a shout?

42 minutes ago, Kashkin said:

Hi everyone. We have a very frustrating situation where a friend-of-a-friend offered to get us Bicep tickets using the O2 pre-sale, and said they had got them, but then announced today that actually they hadn't. If we'd known sooner, we could have tried in the sale this morning! I know a second date has been announced, but all our friends are going on the Friday. So, it might be a long shot but if anyone hears of anyone trying to offload tickets closer to the time, please give me a shout?

I can't help you with a ticket but it's worth keeping an eye out on Ticket Swap and Twickets to see if any come up for sale.