Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

11 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Bit of WHP advice from anyone who’s been so far this season...

How strict are they with the Last Entry time? ‘Officially’ it’s 2030h on Saturday for Drumcode, but wanted to know how strenuously they enforce that?

Thanks, guys

Ben

For Metropolis a couple weeks ago, my ticket said 9:30 but the website said 10:30. I got in at 9 and it was half-full. They were definitely letting people in after 10:30

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

For Metropolis a couple weeks ago, my ticket said 9:30 but the website said 10:30. I got in at 9 and it was half-full. They were definitely letting people in after 10:30

This entry time thing blows my mind. I remember back in the day at Fabric trying to convince my mates to get there at 10 so we didn't miss anything but the queue only ever started getting mental at midnight. Now we're having a discussion about if we have time to go to the pub for one first!

Kids today...blah blah 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, mike86 said:

How's the new WHP venue compared to store street? I went to a 6music event there last year and the room felt far too big. It was very odd having such big open spaces, not great for the sound quality either.

Here's my brief assessment from the other week:

The venue itself feels more like Victoria Warehouse than Store Street, which I think is a good thing. Lots of steel beams, exposed wet concrete etc. The main room is large, long and quite narrow rather than wide. It's straight ahead of you as you get in the main entrance and the stage is immediately to your right as you walk in rather than at the far end. This might be the reason that there was some bottlenecking in that space (there is a bar near the front and toilet too). If you want to get served quicker, there are bars at the back of the main space which are less busy, don't go to the first bars like everyone else seemed to. Through the back of the main stage area you've got the third room, which is intimate if unspectacular. The second room is to the right as you enter the warehouse itself. Bit of a weird layout but it does have a platform behind the decks which is pretty cool. Feels like you're on top of the DJ. 

The sound in the main room wasn't particularly great. Lots of kids daisy-chaining their way through the crowd, too. Seems like nobody wants to find an area and dance in it for more than 10 minutes these days! 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

This entry time thing blows my mind. I remember back in the day at Fabric trying to convince my mates to get there at 10 so we didn't miss anything but the queue only ever started getting mental at midnight. Now we're having a discussion about if we have time to go to the pub for one first!

Kids today...blah blah 

Its only a whp thing seemingly. They had some licencing issues. Now Sacha is the "Night Tsar" I don't think he has as much of a problem with it.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Kids today...blah blah 

Obviously there's an argument to get people through the door earlier to improve the atmosphere for the support but let's be honest, the earlier you get people in, the more they're likely to take behind the bars. 

WHP cards are usually stacked early doors, this time I wanted to see Rodigan.

33 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Lots of kids daisy-chaining their way through the crowd, too. Seems like nobody wants to find an area and dance in it for more than 10 minutes these days! 

That was my main problem with Store street in recent years. It felt like you either had to go to the front and get crushed, or stand in a walk way. The second/third room tended to be much better in that regard. 

I've not got any tickets for this year purely as a didn't fancy the venue. I've managed to blag guestlist for Homobloc which looks brilliant though. 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

The sound in the main room wasn't particularly great. Lots of kids daisy-chaining their way through the crowd, too. Seems like nobody wants to find an area and dance in it for more than 10 minutes these days! 

Horrific them daisy chains 

Watching Justice on WH from 2017. Oh my feckin God!!!!! Utterly outrageous scenes. 

One of my all time dreams to see them at Glastonbury and my missus had to go get herself up the duff that year. How selfish...

I assume no chance they headline JP in 2020?!

Edited by Billy Corgan's Ego

6 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Watching Justice on WH from 2017. Oh my feckin God!!!!! Utterly outrageous scenes. 

One of my all time dreams to see them at Glastonbury and my missus had to go get herself up the duff that year. How selfish...

Don't beat yourself up. They were rubbish*

Ben

*they were amazing

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

This was one of the best gigs I have ever been at

On 10/17/2019 at 7:23 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Bit of WHP advice from anyone who’s been so far this season...

How strict are they with the Last Entry time? ‘Officially’ it’s 2030h on Saturday for Drumcode, but wanted to know how strenuously they enforce that?

Thanks, guys

Ben

Does anyone know about how strict Printworks are too? I mistook the meaning of their before 9pm ticket so it looks like i'm going to be there early. It may be ok as I want to see Seefeel and i'd be surprised if they were on late in the line up but i'd be interested to know.

On 10/16/2019 at 7:28 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Has anyone heard the CDW Mixmag mix yet? Only heard a few bits in her instagram story.... sounding very good.

I took a stroll into town today to visit WH Smith to buy a copy of Mixmag as they figured it'd have a cd copy of her mix that I could rip to flac. I've been enjoying her Essential Mix but want something I can listen to in high quality. Turns out Mixmag doesn't come with a cd these days ?

Anyone know of any streaming sites with high quality streams?

Edited by Johnnyseven

12 minutes ago, Upside down frowner said:

Carl Cox confirmed for next year, credit to @Gnomicide on the self-confirm thread https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=704272886723059&_rdr

Wonder if his new hybrid sets will be experimental enough for IICON?

Don't let @bennyhana22 see this. He says I'm not allowed in this thread.