Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

Anyone else at Saiorse playing all night last night? Absolute carnage. Such a fun set, played any and everything, from heads down into bangers. High point was dropping Missy Elliot - Lose Control at 2am. Amazing scenes. Hope she gets a slot next year and a great one at that - none of this Stonebridge crowd control crap. Can see her on WOW unfortunately... 

On 10/11/2019 at 6:36 PM, Zacko said:

Hoping for the absolute master himself this year!

Anyone else see him at Lovebox in 2018 during the absolutely biblical storm? He's there DJing and it starts pissing down, so obviously Kerri puts some tarp over the decks and then drops Rain. PANDEMONIUM. 

Sounds unreal. I went to Lovebox this year however and couldn’t believe how bad it was as a festival - the crowd was so garbage. Both Four Tet and Floorplan played on separate stages to absolutely dead, empty crowds. Zero atmosphere. Was it better in previous years?

30 minutes ago, gordong said:

Sounds unreal. I went to Lovebox this year however and couldn’t believe how bad it was as a festival - the crowd was so garbage. Both Four Tet and Floorplan played on separate stages to absolutely dead, empty crowds. Zero atmosphere. Was it better in previous years?

Ah see I didn't go this year, and was actually wondering where Four Tet and Floorplan would play stage wise! I can only speak for 2017 and 2018, but I had a fairly great time both years, although it wasn't perfect. 

2017 was very much a one day job as I was mainly just going for Frank Ocean, and it was a few weeks after Glasto. Had a lot of fun because we had a decent little group, and we were just the right level of not-sober. Jamie xx on the main stage before Frank was a beautiful vibe as well. 

2018 was cool because Gambino killed it, and the weather (bar that biblical rain storm) was absolutely perfect - right in the middle of the perfect Summer with the world cup. 

But yeah, the crowd in general isn't the best, a lot of absolute w*nkERS. I found it to be quite a contrast to Junction 2 for example. 

Edited by Zacko
  • Upvote 1

On 10/12/2019 at 4:18 PM, bennyhana22 said:

If Victor Ruiz gives us something like this at WHP next Saturday, I will properly lose my shit...

Ben

https://soundcloud.com/thewarehouseproject/whp19-mix-004-victor-ruiz/s-HHq8U?fbclid=IwAR3qdDYM4dcmAzczbhkm_1BUBVPdLpJ3gAO27hRUb6kroFjIE-wmmO3FFkw

Why am I so useless at linking? Why doesn't this appear all neatly, ready to play in the window, like the Soundcloud links above? ?

This got me through a shitty day today - listened twice, on the way to and from work. Always love a version of Transitions. A really top mix. With the linking thing, delete everything from the end up to and including the forward slash after “ruiz”, so ruiz is end of link. Or copy the share link direct from the app or web browser page. That should work next time ?

On 10/13/2019 at 1:47 PM, Tuna said:

Anyone else at Saiorse playing all night last night? Absolute carnage. Such a fun set, played any and everything, from heads down into bangers. High point was dropping Missy Elliot - Lose Control at 2am. Amazing scenes. Hope she gets a slot next year and a great one at that - none of this Stonebridge crowd control crap. Can see her on WOW unfortunately... 

She’s on at WHP I’m going to on 26th excited to see her. Lose Control an anthem! Obviously works a treat on the dance floor as it’s Juan Atkins

Makes you wish you could body pop dunt it.

Also I know I posted about before about Skee Mask and Zenkers Bros at Dekmantel but!

https://m.soundcloud.com/dkmntl/skee-mask-zenker-brothers-at-dekmantel-festival-2019?in=dkmntl/sets/dekmantel-festival-2019

8 hours ago, ravermum said:

This got me through a shitty day today - listened twice, on the way to and from work. Always love a version of Transitions. A really top mix. With the linking thing, delete everything from the end up to and including the forward slash after “ruiz”, so ruiz is end of link. Or copy the share link direct from the app or web browser page. That should work next time ?

Awww - thanks, RM. Glad Victor brightened an otherwise crap day. I'm a bit of a sucker for well constructed 'euphoric' techno as traded on by the likes of Victor and Enrico Sangiuliano. Not cheesy, but really nice choral chord progressions every few tracks just to fill you with that hit of 'sun'. Ahhhh. Probably why I've more recently come to love good trance too...

I tweeted Victor thanking him for the mix and he assured me that his forthcoming set at WHP on Saturday will be even better!

Can. Not. Wait.

First proper, proper rave since Glastonbury and it's been a bit too long...

Ben

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Obviously works a treat on the dance floor as it’s Juan Atkins

Makes you wish you could body pop dunt it.

Yep this preceded it of course! (and yes). You'll have a blast given the form she's on

6 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Cheers. Thanks a lot

Absolutely - thanks, @Acid Loafers - listening now whilst working and my morning just got a whole lot better.

I really like Charlotte and have heard/watched some brilliant sets by her. The two times I've seen her (BT and Glastonbury) I've thought she was good, but that the flow of her set wasn't quite as good as others of hers I've seen. Which is really annoying, as she is clearly worthy of the hype she's getting, and not 'just a pretty face' as sometimes described by her detractors.

Ben

Edit - in fairness to her, part of the not quite brilliant label at Boomtown was that it wasn't quite loud enough for me. Y'know, that enveloping volume that drags you into the set...

Edited by bennyhana22

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Absolutely - thanks, @Acid Loafers - listening now whilst working and my morning just got a whole lot better.

I really like Charlotte and have heard/watched some brilliant sets by her. The two times I've seen her (BT and Glastonbury) I've thought she was good, but that the flow of her set wasn't quite as good as others of hers I've seen. Which is really annoying, as she is clearly worthy of the hype she's getting, and not 'just a pretty face' as sometimes described by her detractors.

Ben

Edit - in fairness to her, part of the not quite brilliant label at Boomtown was that it wasn't quite loud enough for me. Y'know, that enveloping volume that drags you into the set...

I thought she was great at Glastonbury to be honest. Especially her 2nd half.

I agree re: The sound at Boomtown - they sorted that this year!

8 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Bit of WHP advice from anyone who’s been so far this season...

How strict are they with the Last Entry time? ‘Officially’ it’s 2030h on Saturday for Drumcode, but wanted to know how strenuously they enforce that?

Thanks, guys

Ben

Those at work who have been have said they are not that strict. Mate got in at 11 for the Martinez brothers. Last entry was officially 9