Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

2 hours ago, Fishman said:

How did the 5am crew get on? @GWR; @bennyhana22; @Bin Fish; @ravermum

I'll be there and hope to see some of you there. x

I did get through and got 4 tickets for a friend. I was tempted to get myself, but I do want to try something different this year so left it. Glad u and ur mates got sorted! 

• Upvote 1

On 10/4/2019 at 6:40 PM, GWR said:

Have done bpm in Mexico, it was great, its moved now to Costa Rica keeping an eye on it this year to consider maybe going in 2021.

I'm going to try love international this year instead of Glastonbury, have heard really good reports. Kala looks good too but read a few mixed reviews about this year, problems with capacity for the best parties etc. 

I've just bought presale tickets for the beat Hotel festival in marrakech in March, it got great writeups last year after the first one and the beat Hotel line ups are Always right up my street. 

I'm considering bpm in Portugal in September or dekmantel selectors depending on how love international goes at tisno. 

Anywhere u can hire a villa with ur mates always ends up the best in my opinion. 

Having done a good bit of research last night on kala I'm now set on going to it this year, it sounds amazing, and the problems they had with some of the party cancellations appear to be down to a 3rd party company rather than the actual organisers, so they seem confident of avoiding that happening Again. Seems to have a good ethos of community engagement too. 

No success here. Wasn’t expecting it would hit me like a ton of bricks after only being once. In two minds about resale, don’t think I could go through the same emotions again ?

Going to Bramley Moore Docks for Circus in two weeks. Not exactly my jam, it’s only to shake the cobwebs off, but I’m sure after certain supplies I’ll have a great time regardless. Anyone know what the venue is like?

And Homobloc in November, I’ve got a feeling this will bang anourmously!

7 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Wish lists for next year?

DJ Harvey in the Downlow.

After seeing him at Dekmantel Dozzy anywhere although I’m not holding my breath as I’ve heard his fees are very high.

Kraftwerk at Icon? Ridiculous idea really they’re way too big. But just imagine! 

Bloody ambitious but Ricardo Villalobos, Nina Kraviz, Rhadoo, Craig Richards, Margaret Dygas, Sonja Moonear would be marvellous!

You do wonder now with Icon being what it is has the budget come up in line with it? Maybe I’m bias but if I’m a DJ I’d be itching to be a part of it.

Would love to see Jackmaster back at the farm but I dunno what the story is there he’s doing gigs again but maybe he’s seen as a risky booking still? Maybe with his addiction issues he wants to stay away from Festival’s who’s to say. 

13 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Would love to see Jackmaster back at the farm but I dunno what the story is there he’s doing gigs again but maybe he’s seen as a risky booking still? Maybe with his addiction issues he wants to stay away from Festival’s who’s to say. 

God knows, he's not been active on Twitter for a year and given the sexual assault side of the incident (however drug induced it was), it's going to be a hard sell to get him in there.

Is a shame because he was a great DJ and was generally a pretty sound guy 

He’s playing Circoloco again... Haven’t seen him booked in England yet he’s been booked in Edinburgh though. 

What he did was wrong but I don’t personally feel he should be totally cancelled. I think there are degrees of wrong and he should have another chance. I fully understand if other people don’t feel that way.

5 hours ago, Fishman said:

How did the 5am crew get on? @GWR; @bennyhana22; @Bin Fish; @ravermum

I'll be there and hope to see some of you there. x

Wotcha team

Sorry I haven't been around of late - a self-imposed exile after the lunacy of the summer and then just feel I need to keep me head down until after T Day.

I was very, very lucky today. Long story short as I know lots of mates in this lovely thread are sad, and I am for them too. Essentially, after nothing nothing nothing the sold out notices came up. A minute later I get a call from one of my pals, on holiday in Italy, on his phone, on 3G!!! He tells me that he's on a payment page (I had entered our group's details 7-8 times and got pinged every time at the confirmation page), and can he have my card details. I duly recite them and he says he'll let me know. By this time we're 3-4 minutes after the Sold Out announcement and our WhatsApp group is awash with sorrow. And then my pal posts to say that he's got 'em. I don't think that we could have been any closer to failure and still ended up getting them. My heart rate was higher than at the end of a Trance set.

So, I'm privileged to be coming to the Farm again and sorry for any E/D folks who were unlucky. I'll already set my stall out and say that I'll be on deck to try in the resale for anyone in here that needs another helper.

Ben
x

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

So, I'm privileged to be coming to the Farm again and sorry for any E/D folks who were unlucky. I'll already set my stall out and say that I'll be on deck to try in the resale for anyone in here that needs another helper.

Ben
x

Excellent news and see you in the fields.

Looking forward to a report or two, if you can find the time.

2 hours ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

He’s playing Circoloco again... Haven’t seen him booked in England yet he’s been booked in Edinburgh though. 

What he did was wrong but I don’t personally feel he should be totally cancelled. I think there are degrees of wrong and he should have another chance. I fully understand if other people don’t feel that way.

I agree, what happened appeared to be the culmination of a lot of issues and a lot of GHB.

Personally, I'd love to see him back as he's never failed to bring the party, it just feels unlikely given the strides Glastonbury has taken towards toxic masculinity and safe spaces for women. To have jackmaster would kinda go against it somewhat.

10 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Right, well I got in to the venue at 9pm (email said last entry was 9:30pm which seemed super early) and there was no queue outside. There didn't seem to be any sniffer dogs outside at that time and there was a reasonably heavy police presence, nothing excessive anyway. Couple of bouncers stood with them, possibly eyeballing random people to ID (I saw them ask one guy who was obviously well over 18 but that could've just been a joke as the bouncer was laughing). There are separate routes for those with bags and those without. I made the "mistake" of following my GF down the bag search lane but when I got to the end because I didn't have a bag they just told me to walk straight through. Absolutely no search, no pat down, anything! Wondering if I've stumbled across a way of not getting searched but it was probably just luck.

The venue itself feels more like Victoria Warehouse than Store Street, which I think is a good thing. Lots of steel beams, exposed wet concrete etc. The main room is large, long and quite narrow rather than wide. It's straight ahead of you as you get in the main entrance and the stage is immediately to your right as you walk in rather than at the far end. This might be the reason that there was some bottlenecking in that space (there is a bar near the front and toilet too). If you want to get served quicker, there are bars at the back of the main space which are less busy, don't go to the first bars like everyone else seemed to. Through the back of the main stage area you've got the third room, which is intimate if unspectacular. The second room is to the right as you enter the warehouse itself. Bit of a weird layout but it does have a platform behind the decks which is pretty cool. Feels like you're on top of the DJ. 

The sound in the main room wasn't particularly great. Lots of kids daisy-chaining their way through the crowd, too. Seems like nobody wants to find an area and dance in it for more than 10 minutes these days! 

Overall, it's good. Worth visiting, but you might only do it once a season.

Thanks for the review. That platform behind the DJ sounds good. I used to enjoy being above the DJ at Pacha & enjoyed the mirrors at Amnesia, I am a geek for watching what a DJ does though.

I am going to the Underworld night, but that's more of a gig than a club night.