Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

On 9/22/2019 at 12:16 PM, Sasperella said:

Pretty jealous of these Aphex stories. 

Anyone going to Jon Hopkins night at Printworks?

I am! I think i'm a bit old for clubbing but Seefeel are playing so i've convinced myself that it's a gig so it'll be ok.

Will it be rammed in there or will there be space to dance?

Edited by Johnnyseven

2 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

I am! I think i'm a bit old for clubbing but Seefeel are playing so i've convinced myself that it's a gig so it'll be ok.

I've only been once before, so maybe not the best person to ask....but the way the main room is shaped seems like it gets kinda dense at the front but enough room at the back. Might be different for this though!

4 hours ago, Johnnyseven said:

Been a few times and printworks is fine, the first third of the room is really mobbed but it’s weird cause of the layout, you can walk down to front at either side the crowd cause you can’t see the stage at the edges  from the edges. 

Across from the bar in the room adjacent to the press halls (main room), there is a staircase to the balcony level. It’s sometimes open for general admission, so it’s worth an ask to try and get up, the view is pretty amazing. 

Thanks for the comments. I'm really looking forward to it. Seefeel's Quique is an awesome album and they're playing it in full. I've also been listening to some Daniel Avery DJ sets and I really like them, I met him in Maceo's one night at Glasto this year too - seems like a nice fella. Any idea what the running times might be? I got confused when buying a ticket and ended up with one that means I have to be there before 9pm.

On 9/3/2019 at 1:24 PM, TheFullShaboo said:

Cheers for the detailed response!

Ideally i'm looking for one in a slightly warmer, more picturesque setting (thinking the balkans) with less emphasis on large main stages, and more of a focus on a smaller intimate vibe....

Have done bpm in Mexico, it was great, its moved now to Costa Rica keeping an eye on it this year to consider maybe going in 2021.

I'm going to try love international this year instead of Glastonbury, have heard really good reports. Kala looks good too but read a few mixed reviews about this year, problems with capacity for the best parties etc. 

I've just bought presale tickets for the beat Hotel festival in marrakech in March, it got great writeups last year after the first one and the beat Hotel line ups are Always right up my street. 

I'm considering bpm in Portugal in September or dekmantel selectors depending on how love international goes at tisno. 

Anywhere u can hire a villa with ur mates always ends up the best in my opinion. 

11 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Off to Warehouse Project later. Could all go sideways but my alarm is set for 8:27 regardless. Best of luck tomorrow E/D threaders

Please would you do a report on the venue & bouncers? Debating going to Drumcode in a fortnight. I dont know anyone who has been yet.

12 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Please would you do a report on the venue & bouncers? Debating going to Drumcode in a fortnight. I dont know anyone who has been yet.

Right, well I got in to the venue at 9pm (email said last entry was 9:30pm which seemed super early) and there was no queue outside. There didn't seem to be any sniffer dogs outside at that time and there was a reasonably heavy police presence, nothing excessive anyway. Couple of bouncers stood with them, possibly eyeballing random people to ID (I saw them ask one guy who was obviously well over 18 but that could've just been a joke as the bouncer was laughing). There are separate routes for those with bags and those without. I made the "mistake" of following my GF down the bag search lane but when I got to the end because I didn't have a bag they just told me to walk straight through. Absolutely no search, no pat down, anything! Wondering if I've stumbled across a way of not getting searched but it was probably just luck.

The venue itself feels more like Victoria Warehouse than Store Street, which I think is a good thing. Lots of steel beams, exposed wet concrete etc. The main room is large, long and quite narrow rather than wide. It's straight ahead of you as you get in the main entrance and the stage is immediately to your right as you walk in rather than at the far end. This might be the reason that there was some bottlenecking in that space (there is a bar near the front and toilet too). If you want to get served quicker, there are bars at the back of the main space which are less busy, don't go to the first bars like everyone else seemed to. Through the back of the main stage area you've got the third room, which is intimate if unspectacular. The second room is to the right as you enter the warehouse itself. Bit of a weird layout but it does have a platform behind the decks which is pretty cool. Feels like you're on top of the DJ. 

The sound in the main room wasn't particularly great. Lots of kids daisy-chaining their way through the crowd, too. Seems like nobody wants to find an area and dance in it for more than 10 minutes these days! 

Overall, it's good. Worth visiting, but you might only do it once a season.

How were the success levels on tickets? I didnt get through but a friend did fortunately! 

Next friday i’ve got hunee at wire in leeds supported by tom from cosmic slop - whose charity recently reached their funding aims to buy the building they currently occupy on a rental basis which is huge for them & the continuation of their education program and of course the cosmic slop parties themselves ?