Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

1 hour ago, Matt87 said:

Lots of redevelopment happening, or at least being planned, all around that area. I suspect that there's a fear that the development may lead to noise reductions being issued, or the site may just be bought outright. I wouldn't bet on Motion being there in 5 years time, maybe less. 

Can totally see that happening. 

Shame as it's a great club in a decent location.

Heading to Amsterdam for ZeeZout as some mates have insisted. 

Looking forward to seeing Hunee again. Wanted to check what people here thought, will either finish with Mall Grab or Or:La. Think my mates are thinking Mall Grab, but have seen a few videos of Or:La and she can really throw a good one. 

Where would you go?

Might check out De School after. See if my mates can hack it. They're not the biggest ravers I know.

21 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Cheers for the detailed response!

Ideally i'm looking for one in a slightly warmer, more picturesque setting (thinking the balkans) with less emphasis on large main stages, and more of a focus on a smaller intimate vibe....

Off the top of my head Kala Festival and Dekmantel Selectors (the Croatia one, not the Amsterdam one) might be up your way.

7 hours ago, Acid Loafers said:

Heading to Amsterdam for ZeeZout as some mates have insisted. 

Looking forward to seeing Hunee again. Wanted to check what people here thought, will either finish with Mall Grab or Or:La. Think my mates are thinking Mall Grab, but have seen a few videos of Or:La and she can really throw a good one. 

Where would you go?

Might check out De School after. See if my mates can hack it. They're not the biggest ravers I know.

Off the top of my head Kala Festival and Dekmantel Selectors (the Croatia one, not the Amsterdam one) might be up your way.

Or:la pisses all over Mall Grab for me isn’t even a choice! Of course other opinions are available.

• Upvote 1

Finally finished off my summer now with the greatest festival I have ever gone to - anyone wanting a bit more of a smaller party please check out Field Maneuvers!

Without a doubt the best party I have ever gone to, dare I say it better than Glasto...

The friendliest happiest crowd, a real weird festival family feel where you all become best mates by the end of it because it's so small and the best soundsystems I've heard at a festival. Really recreates the club experience but at a festival.

Standout sets were Shanti Celeste, Peach, Local Group, Mark Archers b2b Gout's jungle set, Luke Slater, Aidy West, OK Williams and Alex Downey.

• Upvote 1

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 6:38 AM, TheFullShaboo said:

Has anybody got much experience of any electronic festivals overseas? Looking to try and fit one in next year.

Dimensions is moving which is a real shame, only attended that specific location for Outlook festival but have always maintained its the best layout for a festival i've been too. 

Kala and Love International seems to be the most intriguing for me right now, especially considering i've never visited Albania before which is where the former is situated.

Any help whatsoever would be hugely appreciated :) 

Myself and about 25 pals went to Love International in 2018 as our Glastonbury alternative and we had a great time.

Nice location, great weather, pretty chilled daytimes and fun afternoon/evenings at the festival with option to carry on until morning at the club Barbarellas.
We didn't stay on the festival site in the sort of "cabin" type accommodation. Instead stayed a 5 min walk away in apartments we rented off of Airbnb.

Give me a shout if you want any more info :) 

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2019 at 1:24 PM, TheFullShaboo said:

Cheers for the detailed response!

Ideally i'm looking for one in a slightly warmer, more picturesque setting (thinking the balkans) with less emphasis on large main stages, and more of a focus on a smaller intimate vibe....

Ever considered Boom in Portugal?

2 hours ago, gherring8 said:

Myself and about 25 pals went to Love International in 2018 as our Glastonbury alternative and we had a great time.

Nice location, great weather, pretty chilled daytimes and fun afternoon/evenings at the festival with option to carry on until morning at the club Barbarellas.
We didn't stay on the festival site in the sort of "cabin" type accommodation. Instead stayed a 5 min walk away in apartments we rented off of Airbnb.

Give me a shout if you want any more info :) 

The setting looks absolutely perfect, exactly the type of thing I’m looking for! 

Still yet to upgrade from camping at a festival to Airbnb etc, but considering this is a week long festival I’m sure I can make the jump! 

One thing - how accessible was it to get your hands on the type of things that make carrying on partying until the Morning a guaranteed eventuality? Only asking as a few years back I attended outlook festival in Croatia and although I didn’t find it hard, there was a serious sense of paranoia around the festival which dampened sprits a little bit!

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Just checked it out. Seems the setting and the vibe would be just my thing, only problem would be the music, which i'm assuming is predominantly Psytrance? 

That lake though.... :O 

Yes, psytrance. Me being a bit of a drum&bass girl, I did struggle a little but I found plenty to dance to. And sitting on the beach by that lake with a mojito in hand was just perfect!

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:29 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Thought it might be worth asking in here: anyone got any idea if it's at all possible to resell tickets for the Warehouse Project? Got one for the Hacienda night but now it seems like I probably can't go, but all I've got in my Ticketmaster account is some QR code

I've definitely sold tickets in the past, although can't remember how I've done it.

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:21 PM, TheFullShaboo said:

The setting looks absolutely perfect, exactly the type of thing I’m looking for! 

Still yet to upgrade from camping at a festival to Airbnb etc, but considering this is a week long festival I’m sure I can make the jump! 

One thing - how accessible was it to get your hands on the type of things that make carrying on partying until the Morning a guaranteed eventuality? Only asking as a few years back I attended outlook festival in Croatia and although I didn’t find it hard, there was a serious sense of paranoia around the festival which dampened sprits a little bit!

We found it was ok. It seems like a lot of people go year on year so have a continuous link up which they will happily share details of.
Security were a bit moody looking going in and out of the festival, but none of us were roughed up or anything like that. Heard rumours that a couple of people were but never saw any evidence of it.

I think as long as you weren't too loud or lairy they just don't care. Same as most places really.

did any of you fine folk make it down to WHP for aphex twin at the new Depot?

Didn’t go myself as i’ve found whp a bit iffy for me personally, squashed like sardines most of the night, but apparently the new venue is amazing and the videos do look incredible.

Also hearing great things about the sound system which is a huge bonus as the sound previously let it down massively for me.

Going to the Homobloc event there in November so i’m actually excited about it rather than apprehensive now! They just need to not oversell like previous years - hoping with it being such a massive space that won’t be an issue.