Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

skream was genuinely woeful. sad to see because his first album bangs but he has been shit every time I've seen him recently. I fucked off about 20 minutes in and came back for claude von stroke (who I think u recommended to me @FuzzyDunlop?) he was great, anyway.

shanti celeste was prob my favourite techno set of the weekend. I got there on time and was told that the stage was closed, just as I wandered off the sound kicked in with only a few ppl there, and the crowd slowly grew throughout 

also saw vandal who smashed it, and likewise got an unexpected dnb fix but in the shape of brockie + mc det. 

Is anybody going to Objekt's live show in London next month? Saw 2/3 of it at Primavera this year and decided it fuck it and decided to trek down from Glasgow to the full show this time and see London for the day. If anybody is around that and wants to go for a pint then send me a PM.

13 hours ago, rock the clock said:

skream was genuinely woeful. sad to see because his first album bangs but he has been shit every time I've seen him recently. I fucked off about 20 minutes in and came back for claude von stroke (who I think u recommended to me @FuzzyDunlop?) he was great, anyway.

shanti celeste was prob my favourite techno set of the weekend. I got there on time and was told that the stage was closed, just as I wandered off the sound kicked in with only a few ppl there, and the crowd slowly grew throughout 

also saw vandal who smashed it, and likewise got an unexpected dnb fix but in the shape of brockie + mc det. 

Hahaha Claude vonstroke cancelled mate, it was all Skream up until Eats Everything

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

There was s couple of DJs in the Tribe of Frog on Saturday afternoon called Jagerhertz. They played techno @bennyhana22 would have loved. Their soundcloud seems to be a little different, but they played Acid / Tribal techno. 

Yes, Jägerhertz are excellent. I think I saw them last year at BT...at least I had planned to! And on Tribe of Frog, which still has one of the best outdoor sound systems I think I've ever heard, they would be superb.

Ben

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, rock the clock said:

lol that's me told. in fairness in the meantime i had lost myself a little. god bless skream  , best in the business 

I thought skream stank the place out personally. We left, came back and he was still on. That tune he played near the end of his set, the 80s boyband style tune, what was that? It was so bad, I loved it.

11 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I thought skream stank the place out personally. We left, came back and he was still on. That tune he played near the end of his set, the 80s boyband style tune, what was that? It was so bad, I loved it.

hahaha, yeah I'd headed dowtown by that point anyway. i think by my calculations i was just sprangled rather than skream being good. 

did you visit the tribe of frog? i always ended up there right in the middle of the day but it was boss. had so much fun 

23 minutes ago, rock the clock said:

hahaha, yeah I'd headed dowtown by that point anyway. i think by my calculations i was just sprangled rather than skream being good. 

did you visit the tribe of frog? i always ended up there right in the middle of the day but it was boss. had so much fun 

Yeah. I saw Jagerhertz in there on Saturday afternoon that was top. I saw someone on Sunday afternoon for about  40 mins.( Maybe OOOD?)

I like it up there, but Im not that into psytrance, I like it - but there is always something a little more appealing!

On 8/16/2019 at 7:29 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

That tune he played near the end of his set, the 80s boyband style tune?  It was so bad, I loved it.

Aahahaha! Amazing.

Was anyone at Mall Grab at Boomtown? I'd never heard of him before, but quite enjoyed it. He played a tune 1-2 tracks before the end (he was on before Four Tet) that my friend and I both liked. This is probably going to be one of the worst descriptions of a tune ever on this thread, but.... Vocal heavy tune, a guy with a deep voice, saying something about having to get up and getting in a fight or something?? You probably had to be there (and know the tune)....but if anyone can hazard a guess, that's be great

Speaking of which, I ended up feeling mega nauseaus when Four Tet came on. I'm blaming the drastic change in tempo massively spinning me out. 

On 8/16/2019 at 7:29 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

if its the tune i'm thinking of it was bizarre love triangle by new order

On 8/17/2019 at 12:26 PM, Sasperella said:

Aahahaha! Amazing.

Was anyone at Mall Grab at Boomtown? I'd never heard of him before, but quite enjoyed it. He played a tune 1-2 tracks before the end (he was on before Four Tet) that my friend and I both liked. This is probably going to be one of the worst descriptions of a tune ever on this thread, but.... Vocal heavy tune, a guy with a deep voice, saying something about having to get up and getting in a fight or something?? You probably had to be there (and know the tune)....but if anyone can hazard a guess, that's be great

Speaking of which, I ended up feeling mega nauseaus when Four Tet came on. I'm blaming the drastic change in tempo massively spinning me out. 

I think nearly all of the tunes Mall Grab is playing in his sets at the moment are unreleased Mall Grab tracks.

20 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Bought a ticket for Eats Everything at Lakota in November...they're advertising that they plan to lock away everyones phones for the night. 

An interesting idea although I'm not entirely sure I trust Lakota of all venues to keep my phone secure.

Mr Scruff has a no phones on the dancefloor policy.

Staff mooch about asking you to go in another room (did when I went about 3 years ago anyway)

21 minutes ago, Mouseboy11 said:

Bought a ticket for Eats Everything at Lakota in November...they're advertising that they plan to lock away everyones phones for the night. 

An interesting idea although I'm not entirely sure I trust Lakota of all venues to keep my phone secure.

They might lock them in a bag and let you keep them on your person. 

I went to a gig like that earlier this year. 

https://www.overyondr.com/howitworks